How Hard Is It to Get To Golden League ?

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

No idea why people would pay for someone else to get them to Golden League. All you need to do is picking up Ken, murder your internet connection (Wi-Fi with 10 devices connected or even better a dial-up) and spam DPs and Tatsumakis. A 100ms Ping can get you very far.

I mean, if it's to use dirty tactics, this one is way cheaper xD 

Edited by Copanele

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Is it me or, this trophy is not even ultra rare. Shouldn't this be hardest one to get? 

It's the "Dark souls" effect, the trophy and difficulty is very overrated. Lots of passionate people playing. It is a hard legit trophy, but it's not mind numbingly hard. (and others just employ other players' services) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Honestly go for the cheapest option available . You WILL need champion edition if you wish to get the platinum and not cry of frustration (and not because of golden league trophy XD) 

Wait can you elaborate on this?

I play Chun and Balrog so I could just buy Balrog if I get bored of Chun or whatever going for Gold. 

8 minutes ago, Hentekorino said:

Wait can you elaborate on this?

I play Chun and Balrog so I could just buy Balrog if I get bored of Chun or whatever going for Gold. 

Ok, so for Golden League you can do it with any of the base game characters. It's pretty simple there.

The reason why you need Champion Edition is because of one utterly ass trophy that actually dictates the rarity of this game : :bronze: Priceless . It's a piece of shit trophy that asks you to get 1.000.000FM (cumulative, you don't have to hold 1 mil at once). You can see how much FM you earned by pressing square in the main menu and scrolling through your stats.

The idea is : you can now get FM only by levelling up your characters (1000 FM  per character). Arcade mode and Story mode give no rewards anymore. You can level up your characters by watching demonstrations, doing the Trials ,completing the Survival modes (Easy, Normal, Hard and Hell PER CHARACTER , you can't farm that shit)  OR Ranked. The more characters you have the more money you make.

ALSO YOU WIN ONLY 50 FM PER MATCH WON IN RANKED WHICH IS STUPID WTF CAPCOM!

That's why you need Champion Edition, for those stupid characters that give you extra cash. Or at least that's the minimum basic. I got Champion Edition because Gill was amazing.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Ok, so for Golden League you can do it with any of the base game characters. It's pretty simple there.

The reason why you need Champion Edition is because of one utterly ass trophy that actually dictates the rarity of this game : :bronze: Priceless . It's a piece of shit trophy that asks you to get 1.000.000FM (cumulative, you don't have to hold 1 mil at once). You can see how much FM you earned by pressing square in the main menu and scrolling through your stats.

The idea is : you can now get FM only by levelling up your characters (1000 FM  per character). Arcade mode and Story mode give no rewards anymore. You can level up your characters by watching demonstrations, doing the Trials ,completing the Survival modes (Easy, Normal, Hard and Hell PER CHARACTER , you can't farm that shit)  OR Ranked. The more characters you have the more money you make.

ALSO YOU WIN ONLY 50 FM PER MATCH WON IN RANKED WHICH IS STUPID WTF CAPCOM!

That's why you need Champion Edition, for those stupid characters that give you extra cash. Or at least that's the minimum basic. I got Champion Edition because Gill was amazing.

This is the reason i held of buying this game. They just want you to spend more and more money on the game 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hentekorino said:

Oh my lord, all that offline content I'm going to have to do if I want this plat.

You know what, maybe I'll skip out on this. 

Thanks for the heads up LOL.

You're welcome! yeah, that part is the real stinker xD Golden League is actually fun once you learn how the game works.

Here's hoping that they don't get as greedy in Street Fighter 6

32 minutes ago, Copanele said:

You're welcome! yeah, that part is the real stinker xD Golden League is actually fun once you learn how the game works.

Here's hoping that they don't get as greedy in Street Fighter 6

Yeah getting ranked up isn't much of a problem haha. 

Honestly I don't mind paying for the additional characters or content especially given we get the base game free from PS+, I've just come to really not enjoy playing offline against AI in fighting games over the years. 

Can anyone elaborate on how the matchmaking system works for this please? Can you only fight against other online players in the same league as you? Or could say a bronze league player match against someone from rookie league or super bronze league because they're only one level lower and higher respectively?

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Can anyone elaborate on how the matchmaking system works for this please? Can you only fight against other online players in the same league as you? Or could say a bronze league player match against someone from rookie league or super bronze league because they're only one level lower and higher respectively?

You can fight people who are max 1 league above /below you. If you are bronze for instance you get paired with bronze, rookie or super bronze players only. 

There are some instances where you get paired with 2 leagues difference players (e.g. Ultra Bronze) but those instances are very rare and happens only when the game really finds noone in your league. I think it happened only once for me though, to be paired with a super gold when I was Ultra Silver. But normally the game tries its best to connect you to the same league. 

As for connectivity options... Yeah the game preferred to connect me to Brazil players other than europeans xD why... Only capcom knows. 

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

You can fight people who are max 1 league above /below you. If you are bronze for instance you get paired with bronze, rookie or super bronze players only. 

There are some instances where you get paired with 2 leagues difference players (e.g. Ultra Bronze) but those instances are very rare and happens only when the game really finds noone in your league. I think it happened only once for me though, to be paired with a super gold when I was Ultra Silver. But normally the game tries its best to connect you to the same league. 

As for connectivity options... Yeah the game preferred to connect me to Brazil players other than europeans xD why... Only capcom knows. 

Thanks! If that's true, it would be possible to boost the game using this long-winded method:

main account (rookie) vs. dummy 1 (rookie) with outcome: Bronze League reached (Main account)
dummy 1 (rookie) vs dummy 2 (rookie) with outcome: Bronze League reached (dummy 1)
dummy 2 (rookie) vs dummy 1 (Bronze league) with outcome: Bronze League reached (dummy 2)
main account (bronze league) vs. dummy 1 (bronze league) to reach: Super Bronze league reached (Main account)

You would then have to continue in this fashion all the way up to Gold league. You would need to be sure to reach the top LP rating of your rank before moving on to your next account, or this method would be be slightly different and even longer. Basically you are self boosting your main account all the way to the top with your dummy accounts always one league below you. More of them may need to be added to fight each other as you reach the later stages, I'm not sure without testing it myself first because I suck at math / outcomes.

It would also only work if the game doesn't penalize you for quitting out of a game when you match with an opponent, and if you could quit without losing points before the match begins. It's just a thought for those of us who are not skilled enough to get the elusive trophy.

Just now, whittle181 said:

Thanks! If that's true, it would be possible to boost the game using this long-winded method:

main account (rookie) vs. dummy 1 (rookie) with outcome: Bronze League reached (Main account)
dummy 1 (rookie) vs dummy 2 (rookie) with outcome: Bronze League reached (dummy 1)
dummy 2 (rookie) vs dummy 1 (Bronze league) with outcome: Bronze League reached (dummy 2)
main account (bronze league) vs. dummy 1 (bronze league) to reach: Super Bronze league reached (Main account)

You would then have to continue in this fashion all the way up to Gold league. You would need to be sure to reach the top LP rating of your rank before moving on to your next account, or this method would be be slightly different and even longer. Basically you are self boosting your main account all the way to the top with your dummy accounts always one league below you. More of them may need to be added to fight each other as you reach the later stages, I'm not sure without testing it myself first because I suck at math / outcomes.

It would also only work if the game doesn't penalize you for quitting out of a game when you match with an opponent, and if you could quit without losing points before the match begins. It's just a thought for those of us who are not skilled enough to get the elusive trophy.

That trick absolutely works, since the game pairs you with the best connection. It's a very long winded method though xD If you don't want to bother with the ranked at all and have 2 PS4's , then yes that's the way to do it.

I won't do the math either, too much to calculate.

• Like 1

Reaching Golden League isn’t impossible.  I’m not bullshitting any of you when I say that people in the lower leagues make a multitude of different mistakes, such as constantly jumping or performing heavy attacks. Learn to maximize your damage output, the fundamentals, and I assure you that you will win the vast majority of ranked matches in Bronze all the way to Golden League. Boosting is more work than actually putting concerted effort into learning how to play fighting games. 

I have done this trophy on three separate occasions using three different characters. I know what I’m talking about. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

The golden league depends on how much you want to put into the game.

I'm at Super Diamond rank, but I don't play much in ranked because I usually play this game on a offline local scene, and I tell you if a new player put some efforts in learning fundamentals, the golden league it's pretty easy.

Basically you must learn this 2 things for the Gold rank:

- Dont allow the opponent to jump on you

- Punish the opponent mistake with at least a medium damaging combo.

At these ranks the players don't have great strategies, they simply jump on you all the time, so if you do AntiAir properly, half of the work is done.

The other half is punish their mistake, so do some practice on a couple of basic combos, one for normal punish, and one for Crush Counter punish (you can do this every time you block a Shoryuken, for example)

Just sit and let the opponent kill himself is the key for a wise player for reach Golden Rank (and above). Normally people stop to do stupid things at Super Platinum.

• Like 1

I got the :platinum: for this game in 2019. Here's some meta stuff I can say, which is also what I wish I knew before I bought this game with the intention to platinum.

1. The difficulty of your climb to Gold Rank will be dependent on the region you're playing in, the player pool size, concentration and popular choices character in said reason. Having spoken to folks in the FGC who have played SFV rank in different countries, this is the skill ranking hierachy that's been painted to me for Rookie-Platinum tier.

i. Oceania

ii. Japan

iii. North America

iv. South Korea

v. UK

If we're talking skill hierarchies beyond Diamond, into Grandmaster territory, USA, Japan and South Korea take the top three spots.

2. Your choice of character will matter. If you're playing someone like Ryu or Ken, chances are more than half your opponents in Bronze (and all in Silver and Gold) will have familiarity with the tools of how your character attacks, defends and controls spacing (also known as zoning). Tiers will matter. They're not the end-all of everything, but they will affect your difficulty to Gold Rank. Top tiers right now I believe are (without consideration to the new characters) Bison, Ibuki, Seth, Akuma, Rashid and Urien. Maybe throw Karin in there too. But if you don't want to use any of these, it's not a big deal. Sakura won EVO Japan so your mid-tier choice can make it. I've even known average skilled players being able to take a low tier character like F.A.N.G to Gold because hardly anyone uses him in my region therefore most people are unsure of how to deal with that character's gimmicks. Also note some characters are hard to effectively use. Zeku is a strong character but tricky to nail his fundamental game plans across the MU. Juri Han is the hardest character to learn, to the point where some folks dismiss her as the worst character in the game (which I don't necessarily agree with. She had issues in past seasons, especially her debut time, but right now her tools are mid-tier optimised).

3. Use LAN. Don't be a WiFi warrior, it's too erratic and memey. Unless you're a drunk Ken main.

4. Favour using a PS4 Pro over a standard PS4 if it's within your means. I've noticed my Pro has a better connection with PC players. I suspect this has to do with the overclocked CPUs. You can also blacklist a player who is always laggy with you even on 5-bar setting (I use a three strike system then removing them from the blacklist after 90 days).

5. Once you've committed to a character, learn his/her neutral game (how they control spacing) and match-up gameplans with different characters from the roster. Horizontal spacing control, response to fireballs, the anti-air and okizeme. Stuff like combos will come later and naturally to you. Learning how to neutral will be the harder part of your journey.

6. It will be challenging, but it's not the most difficult trophy out there. There's minuscule room for luck involved, assuming stuff like match connection is stable so it's hardly like Fall Guys Infallible. It will be an honest assessment of your skill in SFV.

With the PS+ saturation happening, now is the least difficult opportunity since the game's launch window to get to Gold Rank. If you want to the platinum, start hustling now.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1