How Hard Is It to Get To Golden League ?

Xx-KingOFDark-xX

On 03/09/2022 at 1:19 AM, AJ_Radio said:

If I ever decide to get the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection I can probably boost the blue belt trophy, but not the Golden League trophy in Street Fighter V. Sounds like Capcom purposely made this trophy a pain in the ass to get.

Aj_Radio, if you can find a boosting partner for the blue belt, you can boost the golden league as well. I painfully reached the silver league in 3 months, I am not good at it but I love the franchise and boosting is not very long. You just have to find 1 or 2 people to help you.

Don't give up ;)

• 2 months later...

Got to Gold in 37 matches. Seems WAY easier than compared to back in 2016/17. Guess its a larger influx of new players and the points being patched. I was on a 18 win streak and was shooting up 200-400 points per match (guess its a multiplier effect?) Anyways, just pick a character that you like, and learn their most basic punish combos. Learn to buffer on your whiff punishes, so you can get increased damage and knockdown to further pressure. If your opponents character has a DP, learn to bait and punish it. If you have a character with a 3 frame jab, use that as a go to to interrupt strings and wake up. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My advice is to find a character you love and practice every situation

Whats your best anti air, whats your best combo off of a normal hit, a light hit, a heavy crush counter, vs a sweep punish. Nail down as many situations as you can and practice- and if a situation is lacking, then practice the solution.

The hardest thing is being against the characters you struggle vs. It takes expereince to learn you cant single hit Alex's armor v trigger, you need to multi hit it. Things like that you dont learn until you''ve been agaisnt it

Fighting games are so rewarding, so dot give up - I tried really hardcore 3 times to get to gold, and it was'nt until I tried Kolin 3 weeks ago where things clicked into place for me. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Here is my final fight to get there. First time playing against Sim. I thought my nerves would wreck me, but my left hand saved me in the second round by instinctively inputting super motion.

Nice comeback with that mad super, always love seeing a Sim get bodied xD Congrats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Hello guys. In your opinion this trophy will be more easy with the launch of SfVi?? The people  will migrated to the new game. 

Maybe in terms of boosting to find a boosting console easier. I didn't boost this back when I went for Platinum so I'm not entirely sure how boosting works in this game. 

What I do know is the more experienced people will migrate to SF6 and that means less smurf accounts to worry about in the lower ranks. Good luck. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, AJ_Radio said:

It is what it is. Golden League wasn't meant to be achieved by everyone. Ninjagirl657 should just admit to defeat and move on to other games.

Assuming that wasn't a troll post, maybe the priority of Golden League should be below rehabilitating one's mental and emotional wellbeing so that you're not hair-triggered into self-cutting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bloodmeyer said:

Basically. If you want to play this game. You gotta be hardcore.

Hmm define hardcore? Sounds very vague. I don't think you have to be "hardcore" to play/learn fighting games especially now that sfv online is not very active because most players are playing on sf6 so it should be "easier" to get gold in sfv for anybody that is trying to get that specific trophy.

Hey, with 2 consoles I have practice now and with 1 fail of me, I always found my alt account. Got the beat 10 stronger enemies already through win trades. My question now: can I boost to gold with only 2 accounts through trading? For now, both accounts are around 400. I know it will take longer but will be the point ratio be always more win points than loss points? So I wouldn’t need a 3rd account and need the 300 online wins anyway.

On 8/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, patrahn said:

Hey, with 2 consoles I have practice now and with 1 fail of me, I always found my alt account. Got the beat 10 stronger enemies already through win trades. My question now: can I boost to gold with only 2 accounts through trading? For now, both accounts are around 400. I know it will take longer but will be the point ratio be always more win points than loss points? So I wouldn’t need a 3rd account and need the 300 online wins anyway.

I boosted with 5 consoles / alt accounts.

I did a cascade of ranks, primary would get to highest rank possible before I couldn’t compete with accounts 2-5, so had to rank account 2 up same deal , then 3-5 , then 4-5. Didn’t take as long as it sounds. Multiple screens and consoles running meant I could land a punch and let time expire while I watch NBA tv or play PS3 or something.

anyway.. did that method until I hit gold rank.. then ranked them all back down to continue with 300 wins / critical arts / get fight money etc .. it made sense at the time 

Basically … I don’t think 2 will be enough .. you need your 2nd account at least 1 rank behind you to get to gold… also you need to match with another player - decline the fight request for both players before matching up again.. 3rd might be enough but you’ll likely need that account ranked up too to achieve the 1 rank behind and also decline invites. 

Being in Australia I couldn’t find many legit opponents and found my alts within seconds. Just made sense. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This'll be a challenge for anyone that's trying to learn how to play fighting games from the ground up properly, but if you actually invest the time into doing so, or already know how to... it really isn't that hard. I unlocked this a week ago as Chun, legitimately, and I honestly loved every minute of it.

For context, this had been my project for about a month and I earned it with a win rate of 55%. Long before that, I'd flirted with it in October as Sakura. Didn't train, was bullied by rookies, enjoyed myself, but I ultimately understood that my losses were fundamental and I wasn't in the head-space to resolve them. So I was going to leave this until the end of this year and focus elsewhere. Then I'd been messing around in x Tekken at the year's turn and instantly took to Chun there, so I was intrigued enough to try and reinvent some of what I discovered as her in V. For fun, you know; no intention of getting anywhere with them. Ended up in Silver from that alone. And at that point, I found the game too thrilling to drop and just decided to make the innocent labwork I'd been dallying with serious. 

I'd rush the process at times and was completely de-ranked twice (from mid-Silver, then from Ultra Silver). There's stakes, and that can be stressful; I get it. Be that as it may, if you're actively attempting to learn and improve your style, then the league points take care of themselves. I've seen everywhere that this is a 10/10, as if only rare breeds possess the skill required for this; it's laughable. Almost everyone you encounter before Gold is also learning as they play and is also refusing to think before they move. The key is to make the effort and that's it. Don't rely on gimmicks. Don't spam the same approach (unless it's working). Just demonstrate a decent comprehension of the game with some commitment and moment-to-moment common sense on the side. And from the egregious amount of people in this thread that boosted this trophy (which is easy to see in-game), it's ridiculous how many people couldn't be bothered. Just play the game, people. 

For posterity, the match I broke into Golden League with is below, and it was by far my ugliest of that day. Flubbed all of my dependable combos and just barely adapted enough to sweep this Abigail, but next-to-nobody below Gold knows how to anti-air with him and I ensured that I dragged him for it. Common sense.

Spoiler

@iFraaN97 Thanks for the advice along the way, and I still haven't forgotten about our match. 😉

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

This'll be a challenge for anyone that's trying to learn how to play fighting games from the ground up properly, but if you actually invest the time into doing so, or already know how to... it really isn't that hard. I unlocked this a week ago as Chun, legitimately, and I honestly loved every minute of it.

For context, this had been my project for about a month and I earned it with a win rate of 55%. Long before that, I'd flirted with it in October as Sakura. Didn't train, was bullied by rookies, enjoyed myself, but I ultimately understood that my losses were fundamental and I wasn't in the head-space to resolve them. So I was going to leave this until the end of this year and focus elsewhere. Then I'd been messing around in x Tekken at the year's turn and instantly took to Chun there, so I was intrigued enough to try and reinvent some of what I discovered as her in V. For fun, you know; no intention of getting anywhere with them. Ended up in Silver from that alone. And at that point, I found the game too thrilling to drop and just decided to make the innocent labwork I'd been dallying with serious. 

I'd rush the process at times and was completely de-ranked twice (from mid-Silver, then from Ultra Silver). There's stakes, and that can be stressful; I get it. Be that as it may, if you're actively attempting to learn and improve your style, then the league points take care of themselves. I've seen everywhere that this is a 10/10, as if only rare breeds possess the skill required for this; it's laughable. Almost everyone you encounter before Gold is also learning as they play and is also refusing to think before they move. The key is to make the effort and that's it. Don't rely on gimmicks. Don't spam the same approach (unless it's working). Just demonstrate a decent comprehension of the game with some commitment and moment-to-moment common sense on the side. And from the egregious amount of people in this thread that boosted this trophy (which is easy to see in-game), it's ridiculous how many people couldn't be bothered. Just play the game, people. 

For posterity, the match I broke into Golden League with is below, and it was by far my ugliest of that day. Flubbed all of my dependable combos and just barely adapted enough to sweep this Abigail, but next-to-nobody below Gold knows how to anti-air with him and I ensured that I dragged him for it. Common sense.

Reveal hidden contents

@iFraaN97 Thanks for the advice along the way, and I still haven't forgotten about our match. 😉

It’s cool to see that some people are still doing this trophy without boosting! I’ve been wanting to get around to this one eventually(however late I am lol) since I’ve loved fighting games for a long time, but was scared I’d never be able to get gold the way some people described the trophy. Thanks for alleviating some of those doubts haha, and gg to those who are still getting the trophy legit :DD

Edited by SlippiThePippi
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/28/2024 at 6:41 PM, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

It has been a while since I opened this discussion. I am here to inform you that I have reached gold rank with Chun-Li on the PS4 in 2021 (sorry) and last week on PC with Alex.

I posted some tips on how I reached gold with videos here:

Congratulations. The reward is how you overcame adversity and became better in the process. The trophy is just the icing on the cake :)

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1