A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

Update #2(?): I finally completed Dishonored Definitive Edition (minus DLC). I had technically beat it with a high chaos ending on September 1st, but I wanted to complete a 100% stealth playthrough. Wow, what a difference that made! My highest praise for Dishonored is being able to play the game any way you want; kill or spare main characters, go for all the collectibles or don’t. They definitely reward you for taking extra risks, but I found even doing the minimum in my low chaos playthrough super fun. I mostly only end up platting games I thoroughly enjoy, and Dishonored is officially plat #35.

Level One
Final Fantasy VII Remake ✅

Level Two
Dishonored Definitive Edition ✅
Uncharted 2 Remastered

Level Three
Darksiders Warmastered
Greedfall
Resident Evil

Level Four
Firewatch
Red Dead Redemption
Prey
Hitman 2

Level Five
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Wolfenstein II
Arkham City
Metro Exodus
Doom (2016)

How are you enjoying Danganronpa @Mr-ttaM ? ?

I can’t wait to play Ghost of Tsushima; I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Do you think it’s a real contender for GotY @MikkelEhlers ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, be_minor said:

I can’t wait to play Ghost of Tsushima; I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Do you think it’s a real contender for GotY @MikkelEhlers ?

Well I haven't played The Last Of Us Part II, so can't speak for that, but out of the games I have played that have come out this year I would say that Ghost of Tsushima is definitely up there to be a contender for me (and probably many others). It's not because it's open world is especially "ground-breaking" but it's all the small things like the minimal HUD, follow the wind and so on. And there's a lot of content as well. I'll wait till the update with the multiplayer comes out before my final verdict, that could be really cool. Other than Ghost I think definitely Nioh 2 and FF7R are up there for me, though I haven't completely finished them yet...

Also Cyperpunk hopefully later this year, is probably really good!

What game, are you going for next? some good games on your list :) been wanting to try out greedfall ever since it came out, so when you get to it please tell what you think 

• Like 1

If you locked me in a room and made me have to choose the GOTY out of TLoU2, GoT or FF7R, I'd probably crawl out after several agonizing days and go with TLoU2.  All three games are ridiculously good!  To be clear, I haven't played too far into GoT, but I've loved every single aspect of it so far!  I'm currently doing my Permadeath run of TLoU2 and I'm about halfway through so far.  It's crazy how intense it makes every encounter!  Even something as simple as jumping a ledge makes me stop and prepare for a bit before the attempt!

• Like 4

Hey everyone, long time no see, i finished a game for the level 3 of my pyramid and didn't updated it here, since then i'm kinda lacking the motivation i guess to trophy hunt or to even play games in general, recently i started a few more games that i'll probably never go back to, and also went back to Final fantasy XV, finished the game and i'll go for the platinum, i ended up loving that game so much, even cried a bit in the end, they kinda rushed some of the characters development imo, the ending chapter also feels a bit rushed, but i overall it was fun. 

Also finished my first playthrought on Metro last Light Redux, i'll definetely go back to it and finish the platinum, i love the metro series and this is the only one i'm missing, but i'll do it in the future, for now i'll go back to this challenge and start a game on the level 4 of my pyramid, which will be *rolling a d4* Batman Arkham Knight, only played a few hours of this when it came out, so i'll start with a fresh save, this is will probably be my last game here for a while, i'm planning to do a horror month next month and only play horror games, but i'm a big pussy, so maybe i'll keep one of those games on the side just so i have other stuff to play when i ran out of diapers, but i don't know yet

LEVEL ONE

Grim Fandango 

LEVEL TWO

Destroy All Humans 2

Knack 2

LEVEL THREE

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Metro Last Light 

Gravity Rush Remaster

LEVEL FOUR

Lords of the Fallen

Unravel

Dragon age Inquisition 

Batman Arkham Knight

LEVEL FIVE

Resident Evil 6

Prey 

Mass effect Andromeda

Hollow Knight

Devil May Cry 4

• Like 3

Hello, I am pretty new to the forums and currently working hard on my backlog as i want to get my completion percentage to 99% at some point, so that I only will have to worry about completely new games from scratch. Looking forward to posting updates and checking out how you guys are progressing.

LEVEL ONE

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

LEVEL TWO

NieR: Automata

Overcooked

LEVEL THREE

Shovel Knight

Nioh

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

LEVEL FOUR

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Rayman Legends

Hollow Knight

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

LEVEL FIVE

Horizon Zero Dawn

Marvels Spider-Man

Bioshock 2

Bioshock Infinite

The Witness

Edited by Koro249
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Koro249 said:

Hello, I am pretty new to the forums and currently working hard on my backlog as i want to get my completion percentage to 99% at some point, so that I only will have to worry about completely new games from scratch. Looking forward to posting updates and checking out how you guys are progressing.

LEVEL ONE

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

LEVEL TWO

NieR: Automata

Overcooked

LEVEL THREE

Shovel Knight

Nioh

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

LEVEL FOUR

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Rayman Legends

Hollow Knight

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

LEVEL FIVE

Horizon Zero Dawn

Marvels Spider-Man

Bioshock 2

Bioshock Infinite

The Witness

That's a great list, the only one that will give you some headaches is Rayman Legends, i see you haven't done much progress towards truly awesome, so get ready to play this game for 30mins everyday, for 2~4 months lol

anyway, welcome, and have fun on your hunt 

• Like 1

It’s funny you mention Greedfall, @MikkelEhlers ; that’s next on my list. I’ve been wanting to visit it for a while too, so when it appeared on PSNow, I saw it as a sign. I’m still in the tutorial though. I’m trying to decide if I want to play the game on the hardest difficulty for the platinum, or play through it once to see how much I’ll like it. Though, after watching gameplay and reviews, I think I’ll love it.

@FFATMA Without playing Ghost of Tsushima - or Cyberpunk 2077 - The Last of Us Part 2 is my GOtY too. I have yet to attempt the new DLC trophies, but I can imagine being terrified of ledges on a permadeath run. ?

Congrats on completing level 3, @Phantochi ! I definitely understand that lack of motivation to play sometimes. For me, it manifests with real life or shiny new games. Good luck on a horror-only October though. As someone who’s avoided Until Dawn for how scary I perceive it to be, I feel your pain.

Hey, all backlogs are good backlogs IMO @hittheroadbucky Sometimes you just need to go for your own goals. ?

And welcome @Koro249 ! As a fellow newbie, I wish you the best of luck moving through your backlog. You have some really fun and challenging games on your pyramid. Can’t wait to read about your experiences with some of my all-time favorites!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, be_minor said:

@FFATMA Without playing Ghost of Tsushima - or Cyberpunk 2077 - The Last of Us Part 2 is my GOtY too. I have yet to attempt the new DLC trophies, but I can imagine being terrified of ledges on a permadeath run. 1f601.png

It's even worse for me right now because my new The Last of Us 2 controller is experiencing drift right now.  I'll line up a jump and as I'm sprinting towards it, the camera drifts off to the side, messing me up!  I had to restart my run due to a very easy jump being missed due to this.  I am currently about 80% through my newest run though!  The

Spoiler

whole skyscraper part and the hospital basement

parts are pretty nerve-wracking on Permadeath, let me tell you!  But definitely fun!

1 hour ago, be_minor said:

Congrats on completing level 3, @Phantochi ! I definitely understand that lack of motivation to play sometimes. For me, it manifests with real life or shiny new games. Good luck on a horror-only October though. As someone who’s avoided Until Dawn for how scary I perceive it to be, I feel your pain.

Thanks! I was playing some easy plats just to keep my profile moving since i don't feel like playing anything

Yeah, i also get spooked really easily, but i love horror related stuff, i always hold off every game and movie to enjoy all together during october, i have a bunch of new games to go for during next month like RE remake 2 and 3, and i'm really looking forward to play those, so maybe that's the motivation i need like you mention

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

i have a bunch of new games to go for during next month like RE remake 2 and 3, and i'm really looking forward to play those, so maybe that's the motivation i need like you mention

I really like that idea! Buying new games/ movies/ media of a certain theme and playing them all at once, kinda pushing me to complete it as a self-made challenge. That's probably why I love joining these events so much. ?

Congrats @hittheroadbucky !! That's amazing! What was the most difficult part for you? I've been meaning to play KH for years.

Edited by be_minor
  • Like 2

@be_minor Tbh I don’t think I went for the platinum in the most strategic way. I had one playthrough on normal difficult I was using for the majority of the trophies. Then I did a Beginner run so I could get the speedrun, unchanging armour and no continue screens. Then a final playthrough on proud/hard mode. You need so many materials for synthesis that I didn’t realise as I was playing, so on my 100% playthrough I maybe had an extra 15 hours grinding to get them (after I’d already maxed my character to 100 and done everything else ?) 

The most difficult part was probably the final battle on my beginner run using the starter Keyblade though ? which I didn’t expect. I ended up running the final battle twice. Once with my beginner equipment so I could use continue screens and then a second no death run with good equipment. The hard playthrough I expected to be the most difficult (I literally never play games on hard mode) but it wasn’t actually that bad. 

Very stressful platinum run at times, but I’m so happy I have it! 

I’m not sure what I want to work on next now ?

• Like 3

On 9/21/2020 at 9:40 PM, be_minor said:

It’s funny you mention Greedfall, @MikkelEhlers ; that’s next on my list. I’ve been wanting to visit it for a while too, so when it appeared on PSNow, I saw it as a sign. I’m still in the tutorial though. I’m trying to decide if I want to play the game on the hardest difficulty for the platinum, or play through it once to see how much I’ll like it. Though, after watching gameplay and reviews, I think I’ll love it.

I've also been eyeing it, and then one of my friends actually bought (I hadn't even mentioned it to him) and also seeing it on PSNow - Definitely a sign as you're saying ^^

Personally I don't do first playthroughs on the difficulties, but I do understand the meaning if you can finish the trophies in one playthrough

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MikkelEhlers said:

Personally I don't do first playthroughs on the difficulties, but I do understand the meaning if you can finish the trophies in one playthrough

I think the plat requires 1.5 playthroughs if I want all the trophies, the first playthrough being extreme. But I've been thinking about it and would rather just start playing and enjoying it. I don't want to stress or get stuck, and then put the game down indefinitely. I did that with Elex ?

On 9/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

I’m not sure what I want to work on next now 1f602.png

Hmmm... what games do you have left on your pyramid? Any shiny new games in the backlog??

Again, congrats on the KH plat. I don't think I have the stomach or skill to attempt it, so kudos to you! 

• Like 1

Level 1

Hitman 2 • Additional Expansions - PS4 ✅ Completed July 2nd

Level 2

Idle Champions - PS4 :platinum: Completed August 7th
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - PS3 :platinum: Completed July 10th

Level 3

Unravel - PS4
FFVII: Remake - PS4
Shadow of the Colossus - PS4 ✅ Completed the story, lots to go for plat but gonna tick this off here for now.

Level 4

NieR Automata - PS4 :platinum: Completed August 31st
Persona 5 Royal - PS4
Okami HD - PS3
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3

Level 5
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - PS3
Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - PS4 :platinum: Completed September 28th
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS4
Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4
Batman Arkham Asylum - PS3

• Like 4

Just a small update before i disapear for a while

I'd managed to plat Resident Evil 1 HD, was pretty hard, and super boring by the end since you have to beat it like 10 times, but i'm happy to be finally be done with it, and this got me passed 67% completion, almost reaching 70% which is in my bucket list for this year. 

Also made some progress on Batman Arkham Knight, i'll try getting the plat for Batman and Metro Last Light before moving to the 4th level of my pyramid so this may take a while, specially now that a personal challenge of mine is to finish The evil within and Outlast 2 in october 

Btw, what happened to op? It's been a while since his last update, guess we won't be seeing him again around here, it sucks for us and new people that will be joining

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, Sword said:

I suppose eventually I'll have to stop lurking this thread and actually post a pyramid but it's fun watching non-hardcore trophy hunters go at it. xD<3 I love it.

Yes, do it, Sword! We'd love to have you in here. I'd personally really enjoy seeing what kind of pyramid you'd come up with. ?

At least you're making some progress, @Phantochi, and having fun (hopefully). That's really what matters most. 

19 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Btw, what happened to op? It's been a while since his last update, guess we won't be seeing him again around here, it sucks for us and new people that will be joining

I've been wondering this too. ? Maybe they're busy with IRL, but it might be a good idea to appoint a second to keep up with updates? Just a suggestion for when they get back. 

I would like to get in on this action! I've tried to add a mixture of games I would like to start/some I've started and never finished/and a handful of Vita games I've been sitting on as well. I'd like to have most of these done before picking up my PS5 on launch day, but realistically I'd be happy with at least half by then lol. Definitely gonna try and have them all beat by the end of the year though for sure. 

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning (98%) 

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu 

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)  

Level 3

MediEvil

GreedFall

Dragon's Crown (Vita)

Level 4

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

Doom (16%)

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition 

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately)

Level 5

Borderlands 3 (15%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of an Outsider

Yakuza 0 (45%) 

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 3

On 23/09/2020 at 6:52 PM, be_minor said:

I think the plat requires 1.5 playthroughs if I want all the trophies, the first playthrough being extreme. But I've been thinking about it and would rather just start playing and enjoying it. I don't want to stress or get stuck, and then put the game down indefinitely. I did that with Elex 1f643.png

Hmmm... what games do you have left on your pyramid? Any shiny new games in the backlog??

Again, congrats on the KH plat. I don't think I have the stomach or skill to attempt it, so kudos to you! 

Thank you! It looks like Borderlands 3 is patched so I think that’s what I’m next planning ? my boyfriend and I are also working on Man of Medan every now and again because I’m hoping to plat that before Little Hope comes out ?

I have Mad Max on my pyramid but I think I might change it for something else. Their servers are shutting down at the end of October and I don’t feel like rushing to get things done ? like I’m not a completionist by any means, but at the same time I don’t want to start a game that I know is legit unobtainable ?

Edited by hittheroadbucky
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Thank you! It looks like Borderlands 3 is patched so I think that’s what I’m next planning 1f440.png my boyfriend and I are also working on Man of Medan every now and again because I’m hoping to plat that before Little Hope comes out 1f914.png

I have Mad Max on my pyramid but I think I might change it for something else. Their servers are shutting down at the end of October and I don’t feel like rushing to get things done 1f914.png like I’m not a completionist by any means, but at the same time I don’t want to start a game that I know is legit unobtainable 1f602.png

Hmm, there are only 2 online trophies for Mad Max, so maybe I'll try to at least knock those 2 out so that I can get the platinum sometime in the future.  Doesn't look like they're too bad. I haven't started this one yet but I had been planning to, so thanks for the heads up on the server closure!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

I got plat number 50! Honestly kingdom hearts one was an utter bitch 1f602.png that being said, it’s one of my all time favourites and I’m glad that it was able to be a big milestone plat 2764.png Honestly though I do not recommend going for it 1f602.png

I always recomend going for the KH1FM plat.

But only due to it being a amazing game for any gamer, of any age.

Also sweet job man, its actully not that easy of a platinum.

?