leo galante gate glitch

Happened to me as well but I drove into the gate softly and it worked

EDIT: After I missed an playboy magazine in this chapter what I said earlier hadn’t worked out for me lol. I even shot at the fucking gate with a weapon and turns out there’s a invisible wall. 

Edited by I-UnforglvabIe-I

Yep, this happened to me last night. Took me at least 6 retries, plus closing the game to finally get it to work. It seemed like every time something different would happen as well as the mansion glitching out while approaching the stairs to the door, or the gate would not open. This remaster is not very good. I swear the ps3 version had nothing like this that I experienced so far.

27 minutes ago, War_Hearted said:

Yep, this happened to me last night. Took me at least 6 retries, plus closing the game to finally get it to work. It seemed like every time something different would happen as well as the mansion glitching out while approaching the stairs to the door, or the gate would not open. This remaster is not very good. I swear the ps3 version had nothing like this that I experienced so far.

Because they ported the PC-Version.

Jesus Christ, what a clusterfuck. Tried it four times with Henry's car, didn't work. Always kept crashing into an invisible wall. And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that. I shot the gate to pieces so it would drop, tried punching it: the wall's still there.

Reloaded the entire mission from the main menu, but picked my own car from the garage: didn't work. Invisible wall.

Said "fuck it", and did a hard reboot of the game. Resumed the chapter, got in the car, drove to the gate again. Invisible wall at first, then I backed up to smash it again out of desperation... Suddenly the wall's gone, and I bust through the gate properly!

Mafia II's a good game, but this remaster is - technically speaking - a disgrace. If Hangar 13 is in charge of this, they should be ashamed of themselves. How can you screw up a remaster of a game that came out ten years ago?

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Jesus Christ, what a clusterfuck. Tried it four times with Henry's car, didn't work. Always kept crashing into an invisible wall. And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that. I shot the gate to pieces so it would drop, tried punching it: the wall's still there.

Reloaded the entire mission from the main menu, but picked my own car from the garage: didn't work. Invisible wall.

Said "fuck it", and did a hard reboot of the game. Resumed the chapter, got in the car, drove to the gate again. Invisible wall at first, then I backed up to smash it again out of desperation... Suddenly the wall's gone, and I bust through the gate properly!

Mafia II's a good game, but this remaster is - technically speaking - a disgrace. If Hangar 13 is in charge of this, they should be ashamed of themselves. How can you screw up a remaster of a game that came out ten years ago?

"And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that."

Again, I've literally done it. Several times. Just walk up to the gate and press x. If you can't do that, then that sucks, but it isn't a universal issue. I had no issue opening Leo's gate.

• Like 1

Tried to go back to this mission to get the Playboy magazines and have now started running into this issue as well. It seems that there's now an invisible wall in front of the gate that was never there for me before. I'll let you all know if I find a solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Happened to me, couldn't open the gate manually or smash in at any velocity. Only thing that gave me the capability to manually open the gate with :square: or :circle: was doing a full restart. Even then I had the invisible wall preventing me from smashing through with my car.

Make sure you smash into the gate really hard. I know it can be tricky, because of the angle of the winding road as you come into the front of the house. I thought it was glitched for me too, until I hit it with some force on a couple different attempts, and it smashed open both those times. 

• 9 months later...

I had the same issue. Then I saw the solution in a YouTube video. Apparently, what causes the glitch is the fact that you drive over the grass to cut the corner to Leo's house. Some people still complained about closing the app and open it again, but driving through the road without touching the grass, Solved their problem. You can drive through the park to cut time but once you go uphill in the S road, follow the road like a normal civilian- you should have plenty of time if you used the park as shortcut.