saschabooy

leo galante gate glitch

21 posts in this topic

in the mission where you got to warn him i cant crash the gate for some reason. does anybody else have this problem

Happened to me too. Did you use Henry’s car from the beginning? If yes, restart whole chapter and take car from garage. I tried it several times with Henry’s car and only this solution helped me.

Posted (edited)

Happened to me as well but I drove into the gate softly and it worked

EDIT: After I missed an playboy magazine in this chapter what I said earlier hadn’t worked out for me lol. I even shot at the fucking gate with a weapon and turns out there’s a invisible wall. 

Edited by I-UnforglvabIe-I

Posted (edited)

Get out and open it and run.

Edited by GTAJJ

This is shit, needed to replay chapter to get a magazine from inside, and there’s an invisible wall there

Yep, this happened to me last night. Took me at least 6 retries, plus closing the game to finally get it to work. It seemed like every time something different would happen as well as the mansion glitching out while approaching the stairs to the door, or the gate would not open. This remaster is not very good. I swear the ps3 version had nothing like this that I experienced so far.

27 minutes ago, War_Hearted said:

Yep, this happened to me last night. Took me at least 6 retries, plus closing the game to finally get it to work. It seemed like every time something different would happen as well as the mansion glitching out while approaching the stairs to the door, or the gate would not open. This remaster is not very good. I swear the ps3 version had nothing like this that I experienced so far.

Because they ported the PC-Version.

i had this issue earlier actually, all i did was close the game and started it up again which did the trick

On 5/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, ImMagnetz said:

Just get out of the car and open the gate.

Doesn't work.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Doesn't work.

It works. You have to open the right side of the gate. I tried the left side and it never worked.

Edited by flo82stgt

Jesus Christ, what a clusterfuck. Tried it four times with Henry's car, didn't work. Always kept crashing into an invisible wall. And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that. I shot the gate to pieces so it would drop, tried punching it: the wall's still there.

Reloaded the entire mission from the main menu, but picked my own car from the garage: didn't work. Invisible wall.

Said "fuck it", and did a hard reboot of the game. Resumed the chapter, got in the car, drove to the gate again. Invisible wall at first, then I backed up to smash it again out of desperation... Suddenly the wall's gone, and I bust through the gate properly!

Mafia II's a good game, but this remaster is - technically speaking - a disgrace. If Hangar 13 is in charge of this, they should be ashamed of themselves. How can you screw up a remaster of a game that came out ten years ago?

59 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Jesus Christ, what a clusterfuck. Tried it four times with Henry's car, didn't work. Always kept crashing into an invisible wall. And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that. I shot the gate to pieces so it would drop, tried punching it: the wall's still there.

Reloaded the entire mission from the main menu, but picked my own car from the garage: didn't work. Invisible wall.

Said "fuck it", and did a hard reboot of the game. Resumed the chapter, got in the car, drove to the gate again. Invisible wall at first, then I backed up to smash it again out of desperation... Suddenly the wall's gone, and I bust through the gate properly!

Mafia II's a good game, but this remaster is - technically speaking - a disgrace. If Hangar 13 is in charge of this, they should be ashamed of themselves. How can you screw up a remaster of a game that came out ten years ago?

"And no, there's no fucking way to open the gate manually, stop saying that."

Again, I've literally done it. Several times. Just walk up to the gate and press x. If you can't do that, then that sucks, but it isn't a universal issue. I had no issue opening Leo's gate.

Tried to go back to this mission to get the Playboy magazines and have now started running into this issue as well. It seems that there's now an invisible wall in front of the gate that was never there for me before. I'll let you all know if I find a solution.

Any chance you guys faced this issue after putting your ps4 in rest mode? I get a lot of glitches and frame rate drops when i do that, restarting the game fixes them.

i couldn't drive through the gate either.

Manually opening the gate for me worked, i had to stand in the middle of the gate to be able to get the option to open it but it worked

A full game restart worked for me - closed down the application, restarted and it was fine. Also, if you take your own car to the bar just before you have to race to Leo's house to warn him, it can help speed that part up to no end.

the mission was pure cancer on hard. i absolutely despise the sadistic POS who made it.
also chapter 14....

Jesus, the more shit I read about this remaster the closer I get to deleting it, never to be played. Had I not got it for free (which everyone deserves giving the circumstances) I would've been pissed!