Does the DEBUG mode still work for jak 2?

lewy_your_pic

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried the first code and as soon as I press X, it goes to the main menu. I swear I'm holding L3 down the whole time! I'm just glad it was my second account. I tried for 20 mins and gave up. If a solution comes up, please let me know.

Edited by mich930

31 minutes ago, mich930 said:

I have just tried the first code and as soon as I press X, it goes to the main menu. I swear I'm holding L3 down the whole time! I'm just glad it was my second account. I tried for 20 mins and gave up. If a solution comes up, please let me know.

I can only get it to work on version 1.00. There is a thread on how to downgrade games on psnprofiles. Just Google 1.00 games psnprofiles and you should find it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it does work, I only used it like SasquatchSaul though and it was just the last two collection trophies, and I would only use it for that and only on 2 and 3 as the orb collection is a different format to the first game and a real pain to try and collect [ much respect to those whom painstakingly got the orbs legit], I played the games legitimately otherwise.  Sadly I don't have a second controller for the PS4, so I haven't done it for those ones, there is a step by step video on Youtube that can help you with entering the code on either system.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear it still works! I'm gonna start it on PS4 soon, and I want to try and do it legit, but in case the orbs become too much, I'd like to have the debug option for that single last trophy (I can get the orbs for the other orb trophies no problem). Can anyone confirm if it needs the early versions or if it works even with the updates of the game?

17 minutes ago, HummelsSmythe said:

Good to hear it still works! I'm gonna start it on PS4 soon, and I want to try and do it legit, but in case the orbs become too much, I'd like to have the debug option for that single last trophy (I can get the orbs for the other orb trophies no problem). Can anyone confirm if it needs the early versions or if it works even with the updates of the game?

I can confim that the debug mode still works, even with the latest patches added.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

November 16/17 2020, debug mode can still be accessed (Jak II version 1.03). Using this I collected all trophies within a minute.

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Nachocampi2021 said:

I wanna get 100% on Jak II, and I need the Debug mode so it can help me to get my missing trophies. Does the Debug mode still work on the 12th of January 2021??

Looking at your profile, did you even start the game yet? There's only 8 missable orbs that can be gotten very easily. The first one is in the sewers (only missable because it's bugged), to the left immediately after a certain drop, while the remaining seven are all in the last level.

Edited by EcoShifter

It should, I did it on x-mas. In the beginning when you're entering the first code and it selects play, even though it doesn't in the video, just keep entering the rest of the code it will work. Also, when you have to select the final cut scene for the last trophy, the video shows you can access it through the wheel of options while in game but I had to exit to the main menu and select it from the scene player there.

Edited by KanerR6
Forgot a useful tip to add.

5 minutes ago, ScottishNub said:

Yeah i got alot of the trophies but doesn't unlock all trophies like jak 2 and 3

But you can speed the platinum in any way?

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Yes, but Precursor Legacy is way easier to get the Platinum for without using it.

i got the ps3 platinum playing legitimately but i still have the ps4 version to do. as I understand it, the debug doesn't cover all the trophies so it's not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...