Demon's Souls! It's official!

SuchRemorse

Just now, nrs1nrs1 said:

killing Penetrator with Biorr's help?

I'd rather grind Pure Bladestone than have Biorr in a fight.

I can't think of a single thing (besides SL-specific) that could be added that wasn't part of the original besides dying for the first time.

• Like 1

I just watched the gameplay trailer, it looks amazing. I can’t wait to play this and lets not forget about Elden Ring. ?

On 27/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, breakXedge said:

Can't wait to get hands on this game! 70€ now on Amazon but it can go lower.

The lowest price I can find is €66 here in Belgium.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't mind that they changed trophies, but I'm sad that a level 1 trophy isn't in the mix (assuming that "nice easy plat" means "mice easy plat for more casual players", since DS never really had an overly difficult plat to begin with).

I really want to know about WT, however. I loved Demon's Souls on the PS3, but that changing WT was for the birds.

A level 1 run trophy would've been nice. Hoping there's a "complete the game on Mirror Mode" trophy at least.

This and there being items exclusive to the digital deluxe version are a bit of a bummer. Really wanted the physical version, oh well.

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Stockpile Thomas

Thomas was mentioned a couple of days ago:

• The track we heard several days ago isn't the Nexus music. The silences are kept intact.
  • Fractured mode is a mirrored version of the game. Maybe more.
  • Soul form and human form are still a thing. "Expert mode", as rumored by 4chan, isn't a thing.
  • Camera is modified. When you walk, it's offset. When you run, it's centered.
  • No 6th archstone.
  • The YOU DIED font we saw in the trailer remains. UI likely still isn't finalized.
  • Unused assets are added to the game. For example, stained glass windows depicting old men now neighbor the stained glass window depicting Fool's Idol. ***See Sentuh's correction below in his response.
  • Thomas returns. His role is unknown.
  • Parts of the Shadow of the Colossus engine are used.
  • Something about how data structures are named/arranged exactly how they were in the original game.

source:

Edited by ziggypossum

5 hours ago, rdawgwizardry said:

How screwed am I if this is the first Souls game I play?  Never got into them but these gameplays have been beautiful and I want to give it a shot

Funny story - Demon’s Souls is the first Souls game for a lot of Souls fans...because it’s the first Souls game. ?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Funny story - Demon’s Souls is the first Souls game for a lot of Souls fans...because it’s the first Souls game. 1f600.png

It irks me when people say "X game is the dArK sOuLs of XYZ". Like, you do realize Dark Souls didn't start this sOuLsBoRnE genre, right?

And before anyone with a Google doctorate mentions it, yeah, I'm aware of King's Field.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

And before anyone with a Google doctorate mentions it, yeah, I'm aware of King's Field.

You know, it's funny. Obviously, King's Field and the Souls games have some comparisons, but I've never really thought of them together. In fact, I've called for KF revivals many times, and am always confused when people say, "You got that! It's called Dark Souls!"

There's a very different feel when the game is 1st person. You know it the first time you fall into a pit, and die from scalding lava. ?

17 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

There's a very different feel when the game is 1st person.

I can't stand first-person perspective in games that aren't shooters.

@ziggypossum My only concerns with Stockpile Thomas is whether they kept the duplication glitch or not. Personally, it doesn't bother me if it's removed, but others may not like the change. Can't wait to find all the new ways we can break Demon's Souls.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rdawgwizardry said:

How screwed am I if this is the first Souls game I play?  Never got into them but these gameplays have been beautiful and I want to give it a shot

I don't think you're screwed at all. The game is easier than it sounds, but it's that kind of game you can't rush. I had a really good time the first time I played it and spent a lot of hours. The other two stacks were done fast and believe me, you can clear the game without dying. At least the original.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

you can clear the game without dying. At least the original.

That's how I do it. I only die if I need to change WT to Pure Black.

Dark Souls had that scripted death in the Archives, which I really hated my first time through.

Go behind the scenes with the music of Demon's Souls - a haunting, epic listening experience of reimagined and re-recorded awe-inspiring music performed by a 75-piece orchestra, a 40-person choir and multiple vocal and instrumental soloists.

Recorded at AIR Studios in London and featuring the famed pipe organ at London's Temple Church, the score was originally created by composer Shunsuke Kida and has been rearranged by Bill Hemstapat for this remake.

The Sounds of Boletaria: Grunts, Screams and Wails - Playstation Blog

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, maisie666 said:

You are completely screwed.

Get ready to spend the next 500 hours platting all the soulsborne and soulslike games. 

Truer words have never been spoken. Demon’s Souls (PS3) was my very first platinum almost 3 years ago, and after finishing it I was instantly addicted to both Soulsborne and trophy hunting. This game will change your life.

• Like 1

50547636077_b9bcf10a28_b.jpg

We’re happy to announce that we will be releasing the soundtrack to Demon’s Souls on digital platforms on November 26. A CD release by Milan Records will follow shortly thereafter. Or for those like myself who are old at heart, or just connoisseurs of older media, then you can enjoy this amazing soundtrack on vinyl with pre-orders scheduled to open in early December.

Good to hear

Edited by ziggypossum
edit

Demon’s Souls remake Japanese voice cast announced

Saori Hayami, Ryoko Shiraishi, Katsuhisa Houki, and more.

Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developers Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games have announced the Japanese voice cast for the Demon’s Souls remake for PlayStation 5.

Japanese voice-overs are one of the new elements of the remake, as the original game only featured English voice acting. 

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/demons-souls-remake-japanese-voice-cast-announced