What game made you commit to a tedious Grind to Platinum?

ShahinMiah

- Gran Turismo Sport: Reaching level 50 is no joke. After the Sport mode gold trophies, I was at around level 39 or 40. The Nurburgring pit-lane glitch was already patched by then, so I had to do the X-BOW/Blue Moon method. after 188 races over and over on the same track, long 15 minutes each and over 150 hours of pure grind, I made it done. Never, ever, again.

- Rocksmith 2014: 500 missions. Without any tracker. With the fear that the trophy could glitch. Without any sort of enjoyment whatsoever. The missions can last 30 seconds or 5 minutes depending on the requirement and it's pure RNG-based. For this marathon I had to recover my dusty copy of Pokémon Pearl, because it had a counter as in-game feature!

Pokekron_Contatore.png

- Hatsune Miku Project DIVA X: The BFF trophies. Dear lord the BFF trophies... the grind was so bad that I basically dropped any other videogame for two months. You have to fill with gifts all the vocaloids in order to reach level 10 with each one, but the bar moves SOOO slowly that it becomes a pain. The worst thing of all is that the objects are RNG, forcing you to play the song over and over until you pick the object you are interested in. This process was painfully slow, and I hated every second of it. By far the worst game I ever played.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 1

Where do I begin... let's go chronologically:

Final Fantasy 13's treasure hunter, got the plat a total of 4 times to "exorcise" some demons

The entirety of Bleach soul resurreccion

Mafia 2 stupid miles trophy

Kingdom Hearts chain of memories, level 99 Riku and card collector

Final Fantasy 10

Ff 10-2 

Skyrim in general

Soulcalibur 5 with the wind thingy

Kingdom Hearts BBB and its 3 (6 for me) playthroughs

Dragon Age Origins, but the game being a buggy mess helped me somehow

Borderlands 2 100%

Borderlands 1 DLCs and arena trophies

Fairy Fencer berserker and gold trophies 

Dragonball Xenoverse 1 for those rng within an rng skills

Dark Souls 2 spells

Demon's Souls for the stones related trophies 

One Piece unlimited World Red was unexpectely grindy with all the level up characters stuff

The first Dragon Quest Heroes, it's a musou so ok, expected

Dark Souls 2 again, only this time with the DLCs

Dark Souls 3, man, I hated this plat

Devil may Cry 2 in general ugh

Final Fantasy 12 with the bestiary, trial and magicks trophies

Bloodborne chalice dungeons

Ps3 DMC reboot is also quite grindy, as it requires you what, 5/6 playthroughs?

Chain of memories again

Just Cause 2  75% trophy

Fallen Legion flames of rebellion, as I did it blind, since there were no guides at that time, I did countless playthroughs 

Mortal Kombat X faction trophies and level 65 trophy.

Dragon ball xenoverse 2, not as bad as 1, but still a bother with race specific trophies 

Devil may Cry 4, fuck this trophy list, seriously

Final Fantasy 15 DLCs, especially Comrades trophies 

Injustice 2 and cat call, ugh

Just Cause 3 and all its challenges trophies 

Dragon ball Fighterz, this is probably the big cheese, done it legit, and I really do not want to hear about Dragonball again in my entire life

Grinds I'm working towards:

Mortal Kombat 2011 my kung fu is stronger 4/28 and towers (155/300)

For Honor war assets, but I feel it's bugged by now

Grand Theft Auto 5 (91%, basically only missing 6 story missions and close shave/stunts related checklists)

Injustice 1, eh, maybe some day...

• Like 3

Mortal Kombat X. I'll never get the time I spent on the Brutality grind back. I must have done 20,000 OHKO matches to grind the necessary faction XP, then the level grind after that,christ that sucked! But I already had most of the trophies and there was uncertainty surrounding invasions and whether or not the plat was unobtainable which kicked my ass into high gear to finish it quickly.

Friday the 13th - Having to play as Jason Vorhees 1,000 times.

Final Fantasy X - Filling up every node in the sphere grid.

3on3 Freestyle - Getting MVP 300 times.

Marvel Heroes Omega - Staying up all night to get the platinum before the online servers shut down the next day.

I actually love the grind and I'm currently working on Dissidia Final Fantasy. I'm sure there's more but this will do for now.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--
  • Like 1

Gran Turismo Sport. Now i'm working on it, just one more trophy left, the LV50 trophy and i got Platinum. Soooo bored lol ?. I do Nostalgic Race with Ferrari P40 on LeMans. Now i'm on level 48 ?. One of the boring grinding ever. Repeat same race, same car, and same opponent ?

• Like 1

Ride 2 (PS4)
Buying everything in the shop was a really long grind, that took me playing for 29 consecutive days.

You need 334 Token and there are 3 ways to earn them:
1) Daily Challenges: 6 Token a day, easily earned in ~15 minutes, for completing the daily hard, medium & easy challenge.

2) Weekly Challenge: Give it 1 shot and that's it. This mode is hard and a waste of time.

3) 20.000CR can be exchanged to 1 Token. To earn 6 Token this way takes ~90 minutes.

Edited by microsamm

I didn’t really mind the Kingdom Hearts grinds, though some of them were repetitive. The smell of Johnny Walker Black Label still reminds me of grinding Level 99 on Chain of Memories, which I did on PS3 and PS4.

A few of the Assassin’s Creed multiplayers were tedious, but accomplished easily enough with boosting.

My really painful grinds were things like:

• AereA - gorgeous game, but to grind to platinum was hours upon hours of replaying the same stage with no real variations.
  • Ashes Cricket, and since then Big Bash Boom - I really enjoy cricket, but the grind on these is extreme, plus simulating innings disables statistic counting in the latter, apparently. Huge way to go with it, still. And, because I’m a sucker for it, I’ve another cricket game still in the wings.
  • Wipeout Omega Collection - I was so twitchy after finally finishing this I couldn’t hold a mug. Not quite grinding, I guess, since it’s all campaign content.
  • Space Overlords - Mindless Post game grinding. Hours of nothing.
  • FFXV Comrades, especially the in game “DLC” list. Holy crap, soloing some of that was just unkind.

They’re about the only ones I really found tiresome to grind, though.

• Like 1

Red Dead 2 is the most tedious platinum I've ever seen. Everything is a miserable chore. Pretty much all the requirements for 100% completion are bitterly unenjoyable, I genuinely don't believe that anybody at cockstar actually did any of these things, because why would you bother? They're a total waste of life. The online is a miserable, contentless void of repetition that rockstar refuses to invest any time or effort into, and the requirements for the gold medals are a failure from start to finish. No checkpoints to retry, boring uninspired objectives that don't stay completed on successive attempts and you have to do an unnecessary number of them. The ones for completing a mission in the certain time limit are the worst, because every mission has long sections where the game dictates what pace you're allowed to ride/ walk at, you have to stop and wait for NPC's which can clip onto walls or scenery, or other random NPCs, slowing you down and junking that attempt because the time limits are eye-waveringly strict most times. Any failure screen will void the accuracy and health-item related objectives so if a moron NPC walks in front of a stagecoach, or tramples a chicken, or is struck by a bolt of lightning, then boom, attempt over, do it all again. Quit the game, reload the game, go back through the menu and reload the whole mission, listen to all of the dialogue again during the mandatory slow-ass trailing session at the start, and then you can try again. 

I liked the game when I first played it, now I cant wait to never play it again.

Honourable mention to Death Stranding, that was a tedious piece of shit to platinum. Again, it was a good game, just shit trophy requirements.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...