Guide quality issues.

14 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

@BlindMango I think it would be a good idea to link every post with the rules and how to write guides/format them on the “create a trophy/gameplay guide” starting screen.

I link to the guide manual a lot in feedback, but I agree that when someone makes a guide @Sly Ripper should code in a pop-up or a link anchored to the bottom of the page showing the guide manual. Not everyone is going to find that right out, and it would be great to show it to everyone at the beginning.

• Like 3

Keep in mind, we can't remedy an issue we aren't aware of. 

I've said this a few times to several members posting here and elsewhere on the discord, but you can always report a guide to me and I will look over the issues pointed out with the guide and, if deemed necessary, work with the author to remedy the issues.

Just keep in mind that I don't always have time to immediately get to addressing the concern and might possibly forget. 

It should be noted too that a standard for guides wasn't set until mid - late 2016

Edited by Dreggit

3 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

@Dreggit

Just a question, but how do you review game guides that are niche games, which is like the smallest of the small and had a small player count?

We do our due diligence to make sure that guides are thorough and meets the needs of trophy hunters. We do the best we can with the resources we have, but can't verify every piece of information, especially for niche guides. That's where we need the community to speak up on what specifically needs to be updated to keep guide quality high across the board.

I'm glad that people brought up their concerns so we can work together to improve the guides on this site. I'd like to remind you and anyone else that you can report guides to me, but to also try to communicate with the Author too.

3 hours ago, Vergil said:

Is it possibly to maybe in future updates add a difficulty thread for guides?? 

I don't see this happening. If the community wanted to poll that information, anyone could start the thread in the respective game forum and attach a poll to it. Auto generating those threads would disrupt user activity feeds that might prove to be annoying.

3 hours ago, Vergil said:

Is it possibly to maybe in future updates add a difficulty thread for guides?? 

Just stick it in the invertible trophy thoughts thread people make for every single game that gets posted :P 

I think everyone has a guide type preference and that makes it harder to filter them. I, for example, get annoyed when the roadmap is basically them telling me "here's the trophies to get during your first playthrough, go to their respective section to see how" instead of walking me through what I should be doing, focusing, and watching out for. I don't want to click on 20 trophies individually and try to keep track of what they need me to do. There is also an annoying number of guides that are just pushing youtube videos at me. I like them as extras, but I should be able to get the same information that's in the video by reading the guide.

However, I do prefer a guide verses no guide, so :dunno:

• Like 1

This makes me feel quite proud of the limited edits I've had to make to my guides.

On topic, though, as an author, I would have no issues with someone coming to me directly and saying something needs to be changed or updated.  Once I plat I game I don't normally go back to it so if something's been updated I probably don't even know.

• Like 1

It's not like the guide writers are paid employees so you can expect to much, some guides are amazing, some awful and some lack critical information. Guides missing trophy videos is my biggest issue.  I have to go to youtube to find a video since the guide writer decided not to link one in the trophy desciption. There is only so much information you can get via text and a picture. A picture tells a thousand words so i guess videos have to tell alot more =>

But beeing able to comment on trophies would help alot, i often find myself on PSTrophies looking a trophy comments when a guide i'm using isn't clear enough. Still we can't expect guide of the year material from every guide published. If the guide sucks simply use another and write one youself.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, BadRep24 said:

Much like the playstationtrophies.org website.

Always some few people rating 1 and especially 10! :D Or people trying to be tough and vote low.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

I agree, I hope to see Sly bring back the tips system in the future - it would really help with this

On 7/16/2020 at 9:36 PM, MMDE said:

Always some few people rating 1 and especially 10! :D Or people trying to tough and vote low.

3/10, 3/10, 3/10, 3/10, 1/10, 10/10, 3/10, 3/10. 3/10... lol

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

Agreed, this site is riddled with garbage when it comes to guides. My route is always TrueAchievements>PSTrophies>PSNP

Mind you there are God-Spec ones on here too https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8080-hollow-knight-trophy-walkthrough 

@optimusmart and @Optinooby - Easily the best guide iv ever seen and had the pleasure to read, thank you!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MMDE said:

Always some few people rating 1 and especially 10! :D Or people trying to be tough and vote low.

Even though they haven't even played the game yet. ? Every "Platinum Difficulty Rating" or "Number of Hours" thread for each game there always require you to play the game. But, trolls can be trolls, I suppose. :D It's a lot trickier to make a trophy guide there, because you have to have at least 50% of trophies unlocked. I think that process is usually not that simple like that. And, they'll look at your trophies of that said game. In exchange, however, the guides are much better, but I can't say for the rest.

Edited by BadRep24