When did you first pop your playstation cherry ?

andyb712

Hi guys just wondering when you first played the sony playstation either ps1, ps2 or ps3 also the first game you played

For me it was the ps1 when i was around 12 or 13 i cannot quite remember but i went to help my dad on a plumbing job for a friend of the family 

When we got there i noticted the guy's son was playing the ps1 my eyes lit up ( my current console at the time was a sega mega drive 2 ) he was playing die hard trilogy driving the yellow taxi squishing random civilian's on the pavements it was sorta like an early gta

I sat quite contented all afternoon playing the game with bernard's son passing the pad around my dad was trying to get me to help with the job but luckily for me bernard helped my dad on the job leaving me free to play the game basically bernard said to my dad leave him to play the new toy i will help you on the plumbing job instead (what a nice guy eh ?)

This was my first experience with playstation and i have been a die hard fan ( pardon the pun ) of the consoles ever since needless to say i sooned saved up to get my own playstation after playing the console at that job 

Anyone is free to reply to the thread and share your experience's wether you joined the sony franchise in the ps1,ps2 or ps3 era although i would prefer it if the older generation of gamer's shared there stories

Anyway guys and girls there is my story whats yours ?

• Like 2

My father bought a Playstation and an N64 off of a guy he worked with for $400 back in the late 90's. They both came with about 50 games each. I can't really remember which PSOne game I tried first. I have a feeling it might have been Resident Evil 2 because of the cover. I probably was 8 or 9 at the time.

My brother was the first one to get a Playstation. It was a PS2 with which he got 5 games. Army Men RTS, Jet Ski Rider, Burnout, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Smackdown: Just Bring it. My first time playing was when we played competitively on Smackdown. My first time solo playing was when he let me play Burnout. (where my love of Burnout began).

I didn't get my own PS2 til quite some time later. I got Driv3r with it.

I never played a PS1. At that time I had N64 and loved it. Then onto Gamecube, then PS2. (I still have all these consoles too)

Sorry, but I'm not telling you about my private life.

So why reply why not just ignore the thread if your not interested its not like i was asking for your home address and credit card details why so defensive ?

My brother was the first one to get a Playstation. It was a PS2 with which he got 5 games. Army Men RTS, Jet Ski Rider, Burnout, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Smackdown: Just Bring it. My first time playing was when we played competitively on Smackdown. My first time solo playing was when he let me play Burnout. (where my love of Burnout began).

I didn't get my own PS2 til quite some time later. I got Driv3r with it.

I never played a PS1. At that time I had N64 and loved it. Then onto Gamecube, then PS2. (I still have all these consoles too)

Jet ski riders mate i remember it fondly good times indeed awesome game another that needs a hd remaster

So why reply why not just ignore the thread if your not interested its not like i was asking for your home address and credit card details why so defensive ?

Jet ski riders mate i remember it fondly good times indeed awesome game another that needs a hd remaster

Sorry, but I'm not telling you about my private life.

i dont think he was serious

Me and a buddy rented a PS1 with Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy 7. I remember beating the Mako reactor and driving off on my motor cycle thinking "wow that was an awesome first disc...oh wait it is still going" Then getting to the Golden Saucer and thinking 'ok now we are done the first disc...right?...nope"

I know I wasn't really far in the game but with so much cinematics it felt like you had played this huge epic saga...when in fact you were still pretty much in the intro scene :P

I remember going to my brothers house (not even sure how old I was but definitely early teenage years) and he had one.

Remember playing/watching several games...Soul Blade, Discworld, Suikoden, Final Fantasy VII and Crash Bandicoot are the ones that stood out.

I ended up getting a PSOne for Christmas when they were released and Alien Trilogy was one of my first games, I can still remember the cheat code for it!