Has game ever made you cry? (Spoiler?)

XxlNooobZxX

Yes, I still find myself crying because of some games, either because they're very sad or I was just happy playing them after a long wait (or out of nostalgia). It feels good knowing I didn't lost that ability growing up, it's a really powerful moment that helps to keep the experience engrained in my heart. Some examples I can think of rn:

Transistor

Child of Light

Gris

Valiant Hearts

TLOU 1 and 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Bioshock Infinite

Everybody Gone to the Rapture

Endling

Life is Strange

Pyre

Chicory

Fe

Soma

Stray

Nier Replicant

Kena

Hellblade

Don't be ashamed for crying guys, empathy is a beautiful human thing ❣️

Edited by GanseySargent
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost of Tsushima made me cry about half way through main island. Might be spoilery to say. But its when you learn to play lament of the storm for a particular fallen friend . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyx770 said:

Ghost of Tsushima made me cry about half way through main island. Might be spoilery to say. But its when you learn to play lament of the storm for a particular fallen friend . 

I felt really heartbreak at the same moment of Ghost of Tsushima...

Final Fantasy X made me cry when I first did it 17 years ago. The whole evolution of the story, when you understand that Tidus can't save the world without sacrifying himself and have to not say anything to Yuna while they felt in love at the same time... That was really hard to handle 😥

• Like 2

I would consider myself an extremely emotional person, but it's very rare for a game to be able to hit the notes just right to make me cry. 

I won't spoil details for anyone, but the only one that comes to mind is The House in Fata Morgana. Aside from being the most beautifully written VN I've ever seen, the tragedy and sadness in it was just overwhelming at a couple of points. I can't recommend it enough. 

There have been a few but I've probably forgotten most of them.

Aunt May in Spider-Man comes to mind immediately.

Beyond Two Souls got me I think, the music alone in that was enough to get me emotional.

Infamous 2 had a couple moments as well.

"Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has entered the chat"

Watch this if you want to "cry" with a videogame story AND be fully satisfied with it at the same time (which is rare). Even my old favorite, Final Fantasy X, can't compete with this one. XC3 has a far better love story and a better plot that skyrockets, soon after the big plot twist. This is the equivalent of a spectacular anime series made as a game instead. Also, if this doesn't make you drop even one tear in all 12 hours, get your emotional system checked lol 😂. Now, enjoy a great story (the kind of story that everyone should watch at least once during their lifetimes):

Red Dead Redemption II (several times throughout chapter 6 and Arthur's ending)

The Last of Us Part II (one of the final cutscenes with Joel and Ellie got me blubbering)

Marvel's Spider-Man (that Aunty May scene really got me for some reason)

God of War: Ragnarok (seeing the growth in Kratos' character over these two rebooted games is really touching, any moment with him and Atreus towards the end choked me up a little bit. I lost my dad a few years ago and didn't have the closest of relationships due to circumstances, so Kratos and Atreus' relationship makes me think of him)

Edited by CymroMatt

Gris - the ending and the music

Arise: A Simple Story - the ending and the collectible pictures

Nier: Automata - the end credits, boss fight of ending Y

Nier Replicant - Emil's sacrifice and the music

Yes, recently for the first time i cried while playing Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

But it was for a moment that hurt me in all supports.

Spoiler

When the group have their tests and the Aerith's one is heart breaking for me. When i saw a child crying in anime / game it is very powerful (damn you Plastic Memories...)

And I had a second moment but not crying, just affected, when Cloud and Aerith talks about Zack after met his parents. With the music, this moment hit hard IMO.

Edited by RomKiP

12 hours ago, Djak276 said:

I felt really heartbreak at the same moment of Ghost of Tsushima...

Final Fantasy X made me cry when I first did it 17 years ago. The whole evolution of the story, when you understand that Tidus can't save the world without sacrifying himself and have to not say anything to Yuna while they felt in love at the same time... That was really hard to handle 😥

Ghost of Tsushima got me at the end, but specifically when you're prompted to write a poem.

FFX gets me at two points - the ending on the airship deck (obviously), and in Al Bhed Home in the sanctum or whatever it's called.

Crisis Core ending had me in absolute shambles back on PSP. Got there at like 3am one night.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say crying, but rather 1-2 tears i had during some games:

- Walking Dead

- LIS1

and when a story becomes very emotional and something bad happens to people like a sister and/or child. I always have to think about my family.

In RDR 2 I had a golden horse which I named Goldie. I had it from very early in the game until the very end of the storyline. At some point I was wandering around, got in a shooting, was shot off my trusty stable, Goldie took a ran for it and was hit by a train. Instant death, no horse reviver, automatic save icon showing in the bottom. I didn't cry but stood still in the game for quite some time to process what I just lost. 

And in Ghost of Tsushima,

Spoiler

there is this scene where your horse dies,

That was very unexpected and left a mark on my gaming emotions template. 

• Like 1

I will thrown in a scene that hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't like Mass Effect 3 for what it did to the story, but there are some moments that make me emotional like this one
mass-effect-3-anderson.gif

As a bonus, I thrown in games that people may not even know, but if you like a well written emotional story, check these out. I cried at the end of the second one.

To the Moon (Video Game 2011) - IMDb

Finding Paradise on Steam