Has game ever made you cry? (Spoiler?)

XxlNooobZxX

Metal Gear Solid 4's ending can still hit me pretty hard. Even just watching select moments from it makes me feel sad.

Fighting Great Grey Wolf Sif in Dark Souls also made me tear up some when you cause him to start limping. Even worse knowing that you have to kill him anyway for the ring he drops.

• Like 1

I'll join the camp of didn't cry persay, but definitely left walking away with a sadness.

Rime, which anyone who plays the game knows what I mean, and those who don''t, well, I'd just spoil it by telling you.

The second 2nd came from Infamous 2. Just shows have amazing the writing was in that game that I was gutted by an ending I already knew was coming.

Final Fantasy 15 about midway through and the entire ending sequence made me cry. Hit me pretty hard at the time and still does today. Sometimes when things are going on in real life or a movie/game reminds you of a tragic event that happened/can happen, just brings back memories/emotions. FFXV is still one of my favorite FF's to pull such feelings out of me.

I have never shed actual tears but was on the brink of tears for a few game endings where the main character doesn't survive.

FFX ending, Tales of Xillia 2 True Ending, Kingdom Hearts 3 ending (not the remind one) and FFXIII-2 ending.... all similar outcomes that made me sad. I really liked the main characters in these games, I also found life is strange to be sad in many parts. 

No, no game has ever made me cry so far. Its actually difficult for me to cry during an scene, not matter if it is a game, a movie, a book, ect.. I guess many cry while seeing a dog dying, and even though this makes me angry, it doesn't make me cry.

I have cried whit some stories from the internet, though.

Both TLOU games;

Some romantic VN's, like "Amnesia: Memories" or "Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth"

"Concrete Genie" (this one didn't actually make me cry, but painting and interacting with the genies were emotional moments for me.

• 3 years later...
No it's literally a game with mostly non-fictional characters so nothing is real, therefore not necessary to cry over something that truly is make believe to entertainment.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I don't usually cry over videogames but the ending of Mass Effect 3 made me cry like a baby. No, not because I thought it was a bad ending as so many other people think but because I've spent three games and countless hours with the same FemShep. Over the course of the three games she grew on me and it wasn't just her journey, but mine as well. While I would've wished another ending for her, I tried to choose the one ending I thought would do her justice the most and that ending was so emotional and beautiful that I started crying. 

Well not crying, but tug at the heart strings…

To name a few games in my days;

- Shadow of the Colossus: the part where your loyal (and only companion) horse Agro sacrifices himself for the wanderer to make it to the final journey was hard for me at that time.  Loved that horse…  The whole game, this horse was with you all the way to the very end.

- Final Fantasy VIII ending FMV

- Final Fantasy VII - Aerith death, music, and all came at a surprise.

- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies story

- Ace Combat (forgot which one) mission to save Nagase and personally locating her on enemy territory and providing air superiority until the rescue chopper arrived.

- Remember Me - tragic memory recovered.

- Metal Gear Solid various endings. 
There are other games I am sure… few on my backlog as well like Nier Automata and all.

Persona 4: Normal ending - I cried because in the scene at the Train Station, the exact same thing happened to me when I moved away from my Birthplace. So not only could I relate to the ending, I lived it. As the scene was playing, I remembered how my version played out and what I felt.

Every persona game has the same ending more or less, but the feeling they leave you with is the main difference. I feel like the normal ending of 4 is perfect because of it's amazing cast and it's the one that closely aligns with real life.

Edited by VanDeaM

I can easily feel emotionally attached to fictional characters in any media - books, movies, anime, games etc. - which means if something bad happens to a character I like (like death, or characters parting, or just emotional chit chat) I easily start to cry. Not full on, but tears just start coming for whatever reason and won't stop for a while. I also feel sad when any animal suffers, like Sif in Dark Souls - she starts to limp when low on HP, and it just hurts me. I always wondered if it has to do with me being autistic since not many other people seem to be so invested in fictional characters, and they can make a clear emotional border between real and fictional happenings, unlike me.
It also happens with some normal music which should not make one cry at all, like when Proof of a Hero plays in a Monster Hunter game, I just get emotional for some reason.

The worst moments I remember were the ending in Trails of Cold Steel 2, the ending in Nier: Automata with that song, and even though I haven't played it, I know Final Fantasy Type-0 would certainly make me an emotional wreck (the opening cutscene with the music and the damn chocobo was already enough, and I know the game gets worse)

I can think of multiple times games have reduced me to tears:

- That moment in FF7

- Certain points in FF9

- All the endings to Song Of Memories

- Certain parts of A Winter's Daydream

- The ending you got for finishing Halo 3 on the Legendary difficulty.

- The ending to the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC.

- Having to harvest the Little Sisters in the Xbox 360 version of Bioshock 1, for an Achievement that fortunately didn't get ported to the PS3 release.

There are others but I can't remember them off-hand.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2