Physical PS4 Games

NOWITSREYNTIME17

Own about 30, last time I counted. I go disc over digital all day, but sometimes PSN has fantastic prices for older games..I believe I bought Arkham Knight and DA Inquisition or 3 bucks of so.

Where I live, disc launches tend to be way cheaper than digital pre sales, so most of my disc games are AAA.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I'm at 23 physical PS4 games, and I shouldn't be at that many, but I picked up a couple on impulse that I shouldn't have. I've still got quite a few on my wishlist that I won't pick up until I actually have the time to play them.

Im wondeing what you mean by you shouldn't be at that many. The more the merrier

2 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Im wondeing what you mean by you shouldn't be at that many. The more the merrier

My backlog of PSP, PS3, PS2 and previous Nintendo consoles consisting of hundreds of games I still haven’t played led me to stop buying Vita/PS4/Switch games until I’m ready to play them. I was at 5 for a very long time and doing well. 29 means I kinda went off the rails.

They’re a waste of money if I never get around to playing them.  

I got about 90 physical PS4 games and 300 PS3 ones.

What I learned from PS3 collecting is that if you are not hardcore gatherer, it's best to decide for yourself why and how you want to tackle you collection and branch from there.

A collection of 20 games you like is worth more than one consisting of 200 garbage games 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Melachorn said:

I got about 90 physical PS4 games and 300 PS3 ones.

What I learned from PS3 collecting is that if you are not hardcore gatherer, it's best to decide for yourself why and how you want to tackle you collection and branch from there.

A collection of 20 games you like is worth more than one consisting of 200 garbage games 

I get what you mean unless you go out of your way to complete a library of games if a console doesn't have too many

12 minutes ago, microsamm said:

I've 108 PS4 games on disk, finished 9 of them on :platinum: and playing physical games only.
Growed up with playing videogames in the early 90's and for me it's obvious to play games on a physical medium.

Awesome, love to see people be so passionate about physical and only play physical when there is a physical version. That's how I am, if I can't see my game on a shelf, it irks me and makes me feel like I dont own it

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I'm all about the physical games! I don't buy digital unless the only format is digital or if it's a smaller indie title where the digital version is significantly cheaper than a physical copy and I just can't justify the price difference. 

I have around 80 or so physical PS4 games and about 12 Vita physicals. I also have about 120 Xbox 360 games, 10 Xbox One games, 20 or so PS3 games, 30 Wii games, 20 3DS games, 20 N64 games and about 15 Gameboy games.

My partner also has about 150-200 PS4 physicals and maybe 15 Vita games, along with a stack of PS3, 360, PS1&2 and DS games. 

So yeah, we're both very much physical collectors and are dreading the day that digital or streaming services become the only way games are distributed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Oh yeah, I'm all about the physical games! I don't buy digital unless the only format is digital or if it's a smaller indie title where the digital version is significantly cheaper than a physical copy and I just can't justify the price difference. 

I have around 80 or so physical PS4 games and about 12 Vita physicals. I also have about 120 Xbox 360 games, 10 Xbox One games, 20 or so PS3 games, 30 Wii games, 20 3DS games, 20 N64 games and about 15 Gameboy games.

My partner also has about 150-200 PS4 physicals and maybe 15 Vita games, along with a stack of PS3, 360, PS1&2 and DS games. 

So yeah, we're both very much physical collectors and are dreading the day that digital or streaming services become the only way games are distributed.

Very nice! Love to see an avid game collector, and one with a partner that collects as well!

• Like 1

Been a gamer since the early 80's but never became a collector until the 360 and PS3 era. I stared again with the PS4 as I started to love having a movie and games collection, but fucked up so many times in my life that I always end up having to sell all my stuff.

Late 2017 I had to sell everything but a few weeks later I snagged up a PS4 Pro after getting the first pay from the new job, but since then went digital. Sure you can't sell them on, but with trade prices being so bad these days on games, and the cost of transport to do so, I find getting a digital sale works so much better financially in the end. 

• Like 1

I have a total of 135 Physical games. 24 of which are PS1, the other 111 are between PS3 and PS4. 

The rest of my collection (about 900 games) are digital. Thanks to being subscribed to PS+ for 8 years and the plethora of sales over the years. I still prefer having games on disc (even though it doesn't seem that way), but a lot of the times digital sales just trump it. 

i prefer physical ever chance i can get, i even order from play-asia or limited run. not sure how many i have right now but as i am very picky about what i buy. I still have PS1, PS2, PS3, PS Vita and Gamecube games.

PS1 - 24

PS2 - 47

PS3 - 42

PS Vita - 7 (I mainly got the vita for all the digital PS1 game i had on PS3 from super cheap deals)

Gamecube - 8 (though the Zelda Collection has 4 games on the disc)

PS4 - 127 (this includes a few pre-orders from Limited Run)

PS Plus - 48 (on PS4 not sure about PS3)

all of my digital games were purchased at 5$ or less or PS Plus.

Edited by Void

On 23/07/2020 at 5:57 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

No for three reasons: if it's cheaper i'll get it digital. Some games don't have a disc release like Artifex Mundi's games or those POWGI games. And then it's easier to switch between games installed on my ps4. I don't want to stand up and change discs everytime i wanna play something different :P:)

Just realised several hours later: 4th reason is i don't have enough space/ bookshelfs to keep many games on disc. I do have maybe additional 50 ps3 games and my room is already full...

If you have disc you have game version 1.00 with all benefits. You can trade and gift your game

• Like 1

Honestly have no idea just how many physical PS4 games I have (can't say I've counted), but it's probably something like 200-300+. I have 2 and a half shelves so full of PS4 and a few PS3 games, that I've had to resort to putting games in front of games. I've put games I've already completed in the back rows and am unlikely to play again.

I always try to get physical versions of games whenever possible, got a fair few LRG and other limited print releases, and have re-bought games I already own digitally when they've gotten a physical edition later if I like 'em enough.

Not so big into collector's editions, mostly because I just don't really have the space for them any more, and most of the stuff you get in them is either pointless, or just makes for a semi-cool ornament that collects dust. I did get the collector's edition for Persona 5 Royal earlier this year though (same for the original release), still haven't gotten around to playing the actual game, already played the original twice.

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Honestly have no idea just how many physical PS4 games I have (can't say I've counted), but it's probably something like 200-300+. I have 2 and a half shelves so full of PS4 and a few PS3 games, that I've had to resort to putting games in front of games. I've put games I've already completed in the back rows and am unlikely to play again.

I always try to get physical versions of games whenever possible, got a fair few LRG and other limited print releases, and have re-bought games I already own digitally when they've gotten a physical edition later if I like 'em enough.

Not so big into collector's editions, mostly because I just don't really have the space for them any more, and most of the stuff you get in them is either pointless, or just makes for a semi-cool ornament that collects dust. I did get the collector's edition for Persona 5 Royal earlier this year though (same for the original release), still haven't gotten around to playing the actual game, already played the original twice.

Nice, I also got the P5 Royal Special Edition. You def need to get on it and play it when you can, it was so good!

1 hour ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Nice, I also got the P5 Royal Special Edition. You def need to get on it and play it when you can, it was so good!

I'm looking forward to playing it, whenever that might be. I don't usually care too much about milestones, but I made a point of making the original Persona 5 my 100th platinum. My 200th plat is a little too far off though, so I may try and make P5 Royal my 175th plat. May take a while considering I haven't been focusing too much on plats lately, but I'm hoping to get around to it at least early next year or mid next year at the latest, hopefully before the end of this year but I'm not holding my breath. I hear a lot of the more annoying/grindy trophies aren't present in Royal, and it doesn't seem too hard to platinum overall.

Just now, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'm looking forward to playing it, whenever that might be. I don't usually care too much about milestones, but I made a point of making the original Persona 5 my 100th platinum. My 200th plat is a little too far off though, so I may try and make P5 Royal my 175th plat. May take a while considering I haven't been focusing too much on plats lately, but I'm hoping to get around to it at least early next year or mid next year at the latest, hopefully before the end of this year but I'm not holding my breath. I hear a lot of the more annoying/grindy trophies aren't present in Royal, and it doesn't seem too hard to platinum overall.

Awesome and yeah it is not hard to Plat the game at all

6f8TLR6.jpg

Got myself a small collection over the past few years.

I tend to sell or trade my games and only keep the ones that I really enjoyed playing. Gotta admit I got lazy and now they keep on piling up in my bookshelf...

Anyways I prefer physical game copies over digital game "copies", so it's actually quite nice to have a bunch of them lying around somewhere :)

• Like 2

I don't know how many I have actually bought, but I have a drawer in my entertainment center that has about 30 in it right now. When it gets full, I usually give away a handful of games to friends and coworkers. I'm generally done with them anyway, or they ended up being on PS Plus so I don't need the disc anymore, if I want to play it.