Lock your PS3 in a vault, protect it with claymore in this new Battlefield 3 case mod

Wade_VC

bf3_ps3_mod.jpg

With the newly announced and officially licensed Battlefield 3 case mod, Calibur11 promises to protect your gaming hardware while also giving it some style. Working with DICE on new case mods, this new Battlefield 3 vault will sport some pretty cool features (listed below), like a light up claymore, smoke grenade, and even a controller dock. Check out some more features below:

- Battlefield 3 smoke colored body

- 3-Mode LED light up claymore

- DICE Logo Smoke Gernade

- Battery Powered Lighting Effects

- Headset/Controller cradle

The Battlefield 3 vault will be available on October 25, and will see a $100 bundle that will combine the case mod, Battlfield 3, and a DLC pack at Gamestop. Check out Calibur11 if you're interested.

It looks pretty cool, but I wonder how well it's ventilated.

Oddly enough, I thought the same thing when I gave it a good look. Yeah, looks cool, but it sure does look like it may be a little less ventilated than what the console calls for. I'd like to see a good photo or two of the side vents and see how open they really are.

Yes after spending twenty minutes with a hairdrier to the vents of my daughters ps3 (my old 2nd gen of the fatty) to temporarily fix her YLOD I would agree that anything that hinders heat dissapation is, long term, a bad idea.

Anyone who's interested it worked which surprised me and I managed to eject the imprisoned game. She's just playing games off the HDD now but it's already survived a further 10 hours without a hiccup.

It looks pretty cool, but I wonder how well it's ventilated. It looks to me like the PS3 would get pretty damn how inside that thing. I like my Gran Turismo 5 PS3 cover better anyhow. :D

Parker

It's dressed up like a claymore, I think it's only fair it should get ridiculously hot inside. Kudos to the makers for accuracy!

this does look badass. I also got the gamestop email news letter awhile back sporting this.

definitely something worth investigating.

even though Dreakon points out a good point about the heating up.

I'm sure all was thought out, all precautions were made. hopefully anyway.

looks badass though.

Why does it got to be so expensive? :(

It's less than 40$ for the case. That's not really expensive.

From the picture in this post, I can tell the front vent is not obstructed. I highly doubt they would restrict the fan vent in the rear in any way. So I would assume there is no concern for overheating.

And now I'm pissed. I did Not know about this. I would have pre-ordered this, instead of just the game. :(

It's less than 40$ for the case. That's not really expensive.

From the picture in this post, I can tell the front vent is not obstructed. I highly doubt they would restrict the fan vent in the rear in any way. So I would assume there is no concern for overheating.

And now I'm pissed. I did Not know about this. I would have pre-ordered this, instead of just the game. :(

The PS3 itself can get hot, even if the vents aren't obstructed I'm guessing further encasing the console hardware in anything probably wouldn't help too much in terms of breatheability. What do I know though, it probably won't hurt it either lol. :)

The game isn't out quite yet though, don't you have time to cancel your preorder and switch your money to this one? Or does it not work that way?

The PS3 itself can get hot, even if the vents aren't obstructed I'm guessing further encasing the console hardware in anything probably wouldn't help too much in terms of breatheability. What do I know though, it probably won't hurt it either lol. :)

The game isn't out quite yet though, don't you have time to cancel your preorder and switch your money to this one? Or does it not work that way?

If it's properly ventilated, there is no concern.

And nope, as I don't have the money for it, and the game drop's in approx. 27 hours. I don't get paid till the end of the week. :P