Games with high platinum percentages that you found very difficult?

Hunter777Merritt

14 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

To be fair, the game had a high number of other exploitable bugs before the debug mode was discovered. There are a few precursor orb cloning tricks people used to make that part of the run easier (works in the third game too). So the % has always been inflated to one degree or another.

Yeah but skipping the entire game to achieve a five minute plat is ridiculous. The other exploits aren't that bad considering you have to actually play the game.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RedSkyKing said:

Yeah but skipping the entire game to achieve a five minute plat is ridiculous. The other exploits aren't that bad considering you have to actually play the game.

What's the difference between doing this and using the mod menu to autopop COD trophies? One will get you flagged and the other won't?

My pick would be FF7 Remake (22.49%). A second playthrough on hard and a third playthrough required on a number of chapters including the two most long and boring ones in which you spend half the chapter slowly walking through a few areas with very few enemies compared to the other areas. Admittedly most of hard mode isn't very difficult but there are a few bosses which take a long time to beat and can very easily take you out in you're not careful.

Edited by AusLeviathan

3 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

What's the difference between doing this and using the mod menu to autopop COD trophies? One will get you flagged and the other won't?

I have no idea since I’ve never played COD, but my guess is because COD has MP trophies.

• Like 2

For me, it's all the Hatsune Miku games. I have project Diva F which has a platinum completion of 18%, but I have a severe lack of music capability that render me absolutely useless of rhythm games of all kinds. I couldn't even manage easy mode on these games, despite the diva F and diva F 2nd being only a 4/10 difficulty. Apparently these games are in the list of "easy platinums"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For me, it's all the Hatsune Miku games. I have project Diva F which has a platinum completion of 18%, but I have a severe lack of music capability that render me absolutely useless of rhythm games of all kinds. I couldn't even manage easy mode on these games, despite the diva F and diva F 2nd being only a 4/10 difficulty. Apparently these games are in the list of "easy platinums"

Rhythm games.... 

Reminds me when I tried a saxophone as a kid 20 years ago. Tried for a couple months, got so frustrated that I would never take another music class again. 

Too much practice. Makes me all the more glad Metallica is still praised today.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 2:56 PM, RedSkyKing said:

Jak 2 because of it's BS debug mode. The game is actually pretty difficult, on top of finding all those annoying Precursor Orbs.

If the debug mode didn't exist, the % would be significantly lower.

I swear, the past few platinum achievers obtained it within five minutes. It's disappointing to see people miss out on a pretty cool game.

I'm one trophy away from getting the platinum. They hotfixed the glitch that allowed you to collect orbs by glitching the same challenge over and over again, which made it pretty easy to being with, i had no idea there was an ever easier way. The challenges are actually pretty tough, especially with the old controls. It looks like they are platting under 1 minute now.....

Zone of the Enders (1) HD Edition.

For a game with just under 5% (PSN rarity) platinum acheivers, I found it to be insanely hard. I must've seen the Game Over screen about 100 times. By far the hardest platinum I got so far.

I can't even brag about it because it's considered by many to be an easy platinum lol.

Edited by yuber1234

On 8/28/2020 at 2:53 AM, Myrtille said:

"Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" on PS4 (31.98%).

The "Il Principe" trophy (full synch in all missions) was almost a platinum breaker for me.

I remember dreading the tank mission (and rightfully so -- took me 5-6 tries and was predictably a nuisance) but NOTHING prepared me for that final mission of the Da Vinci DLC!!! A 20 minute mission featuring a large fight and a shit ton of platforming, all to be done with no damage...actually almost got it on the first runthrough until Ezio's dumb clumsy ass missed the second-to-last jump in the final room, bounced off the wall, and took a damaging fall to the ground below...raaaaage!!!

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 9:21 PM, Killbomb said:

Those are only high because you can save scum. It felt really good to get those Plats legitimately. 

One game that I am surprised has a relatively high Plat percentage is Resident Evil 2. I will probably never get that Plat because of "A Small Carbon Footprint". Trophies like that are just super tedious to me and I can't be bothered. 

I think a lot of people used walk-throughs on YouTube to help finish Resident Evil 2 in hardcore mode with the S ranking. 

On 9/13/2020 at 0:13 AM, CupcakeMixx said:

Final Fantasy X, not because of the difficulty but the amount of stuff you have to do. It’s so time consuming and I don’t always have the motivation for it.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:00 AM, thabg23 said:

I think a lot of people used walk-throughs on YouTube to help finish Resident Evil 2 in hardcore mode with the S ranking. 

I think the reason Final Fantasy and Resident Evil have high trophy percentages for a number of their games is because both have a dedicated fanbase. Like Dark Souls.

As much as I want to play a little of the older Final Fantasy titles, I just don't have the time to do them. Far too time consuming, especially Final Fantasy X which I remember back in the day to be rather long.

• Like 1

Not sure how high it is as hardly anyone buys games from RGG. But Judgment has proven to be my achilles heel. Think its been over two months now and I cannot do some things on the game. 

But all is not lost. My pal bet me that if I do not platinum the game by my birthday then I have to give my PS4 to his son. Got just over a week, but there is no chance I have to time to get it done.