National Trophy Hunting Day R4

Would you like to participate in national (trophy) hunting day on September 26th?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in national (trophy) hunting day on September 26th?

• Yes, I want to participate and have a chance at a U.S. PSN card
    • No thanks. Best of luck with the event!!!
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing

This poll is closed to new votes

Right now, I have 67 trophies planned for the event.

55 Soundshapes DLC trophies

12 Sonic the Fighters

I'm thinking I could get 10 from SFV and get some trophies from Super Blood Hockey as well and maybe Celeste. I have KH2 which I was thinking of playing, but I'm not sure what trophies from it I could set up with it, and I could probably set up a couple from Resonance of Fate too.

Though, I feel like I'm going to end up like last year where I end up with around 95-99 trophies and barely miss the cut off... Again.

• Like 1

So I am well prepared with four POWGI stacks to play that day and I need three filler games to ensure Hajimari no Kiseki gets to be my 175th plat milestone anyhow.  If I don't have the Hajimari plat ready by then, I can just avoid popping more than three plats, but if I do have it ready there will be that as well.

• Like 2

3 weeks until the start/sign ups end.

Good to see everyone getting pumped for the event and preparing ahead of time. Beating 3,015 trophies will be tough, but I have people score zero every year so if everyone puts in an honest effort and do what they can, I know we can beat it!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am going to try and play through all of Erica on this day.

If anyone has played it, are there any trophies that could easily be saved for a Plat Rain? It looks like all the collectible trophies require 2 chapters to obtain them (which makes them risky for a Plat Rain.

If you don't follow the guide on your first play through it'll likely be more than 2. I think it was 5 for me and there's no skip cutscene. 

Good game, I love fmv games, but you're gonna burn a LOT of hours

You can easily save the Plat rain by saving an ending trophy though, just make sure to save an easy ending by looking at the guide because not all endings require a collectible for each ending, that's what I would do at least

(trying to keep spoilers to a minimum until you've beaten it at least once) 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

If you don't follow the guide on your first play through it'll likely be more than 2. I think it was 5 for me and there's no skip cutscene. 

Good game, I love fmv games, but you're gonna burn a LOT of hours

You can easily save the Plat rain by saving an ending trophy though, just make sure to save an easy ending by looking at the guide because not all endings require a collectible for each ending, that's what I would do at least

(trying to keep spoilers to a minimum until you've beaten it at least once) 

I read through the guide a bit and it might be like when I Plat Rained Claire and just save the ending for the last trophy.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I read through the guide a bit and it might be like when I Plat Rained Claire and just save the ending for the last trophy.

Ya sense there's multiple endings it's a lot easier, just have to pick the right one otherwise you may end up with having to do another due to collectibles, or avoiding collectibles to get just an ending trophy. 

The guide gives the info but I had to piece everything together so that I didn't have to keep doing playthroughs. Its a bit of a web, some endings will be seen because of the need to get a collectible, so it can be a pita to pick the right one for the trophies you unlock on your 1st play

That's why It took me 5, which was excruciating to watch through 5 times

It really needed a skip cutscene button

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya sense there's multiple endings it's a lot easier, just have to pick the right one otherwise you may end up with having to do another due to collectibles, or avoiding collectibles to get just an ending trophy. 

The guide gives the info but I had to piece everything together so that I didn't have to keep doing playthroughs. Its a bit of a web, some endings will be seen because of the need to get a collectible, so it can be a pita to pick the right one for the trophies you unlock on your 1st play

That's why It took me 5, which was excruciating to watch through 5 times

It really needed a skip cutscene button

I did Beyond 2 Souls twice...I know all about needing a skip cut scene button :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I did Beyond 2 Souls twice...I know all about needing a skip cut scene button :P

Lol ok good point 

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Yeah, this will be my second year participating. It's not likely I'll surpass my prior total, though. Might platinum Erica in one sitting or something.

Lot of people going for Erica, good game, glad people are going to play it! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Are we supposed to follow that official countdown thingy or our own timezones?

Can I start trophy hunting when my day hits the 26th or should I wait for the clock in the link?

On 31.8.2020 at 3:10 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Therefore, we, as gamers are going to do what we do best and "hunt" (you can fish for trophies if you want, I don't care) and try to earn as many trophies on this day as humanly possible on September, 26th 2020 (12 AM - 11:59 PM US ET) as a community!

@grifteskymfning That's 26th September 6am - 5.59am CEST in your timezone.

What confusing me is the start time countdown in the 1st post for 12am UTC here:

On 31.8.2020 at 3:10 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:
  • Countdown to start:
  • Start

Edited by microsamm

33 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Are we supposed to follow that official countdown thingy or our own timezones?

Can I start trophy hunting when my day hits the 26th or should I wait for the clock in the link?

5 minutes ago, microsamm said:

What confusing me is the start time countdown in the 1st post for 12am UTC here:

Weird, I set it for US ET. I usually have someone else create the countdown because whenever I do it I seem to run into this issue.

I'll fix it later.

Anyways, it starts at the specific time. Logistically, it's too difficult to track everyone's timezones individually.