50 Hives

Carnage0702

On 4/5/2021 at 6:17 PM, nietendon said:

I can confirm that doing 'Let the game begin' mission over and over again still counts to the total number of hives done.

That mission disappeared for me and hasn't come back since I did it for the story, know any workaround to get it back? now I have to keep restarting the game over and over again in the hope a normal hive spawns....

• Like 1

Got the trophy last week after what felt like 50 hives but I honestly wasn't keeping count.  I did level Black Widow, Hulk, & Iron Man all to 50 and Captain America to level 42 as I was grinding out hives (with the visits to Day of the Remains to level the artifacts and keep gear levels going).  I also did one hive gauntlet as Thor to get 2 pieces of exotic gear.

You definitely don't need to do all the hives with one character as I spread them across 5.  Also the elite hives having an extra level is annoying but I found I cleared that extra level in about the same amount of time as exiting to the main menu and reloading and it didn't have the vast frustration/annoyance that the reload did.  YMMV.

On 20/04/2021 at 7:02 PM, DEXdotEXE said:

That mission disappeared for me and hasn't come back since I did it for the story, know any workaround to get it back? now I have to keep restarting the game over and over again in the hope a normal hive spawns....

In my case, all I had to do was to shut the game off after finishing the hive. When I load it again it's there ready to be done again. I'm talking about actual shutting it down, not suspending.

Quit playing this shortly after launch because i had some bugged trophies. Decided to try to finish the plat before returnal comes out so started my hive grind. Read about the bug that requires you to quit to main menu after every run - uhhh, sounds about right for this game. Check my old emails to see how many hives id done. 

Email from 10/2020 - 9 complete

Email from 12/2020 - 5 complete 

So i guess i did negative 4 hives in november? Lol man returning to this game was probably a mistake. 

Well I don't know what to do...every time I do a Hive mission now, I hit a floor where enemies don't spawn. I've literally only been able to complete 2....TWO! 

Am I the only one experiencing this!? There's no way I'm going to be able to get to 50 when I can't complete these fucking things. I've had no other glitches in this entire game except this. Doing a Hive now and enemies decided not to spawn on the 4th floor. What do I do now? Just leave and do this shit all over again? What a waste of time!

I actually kind of enjoy this game....but this is straight bullshit!

20 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Read about the bug that requires you to quit to main menu after every run.

I never heard that. I just finished the grind and all went well for me. Used multiple characters, played different hive levels, and sometimes did 2 or 3 hives in a row and got zero problems. Trophy popped at 50 hives.

The only thing that is currently advised is to always play alone with matchmaking off.

7 hours ago, Viper said:

I hit a floor where enemies don't spawn. (...) Am I the only one experiencing this!?

That only happened to me once but it wasn't on a hive and was probably because I went to the ps4 dashboard while the game was loading the next room. I restarted the app and it never happened again.

Keep at it. It's a rough grind, but at least the combat is fun. You'll get through it ?

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I never heard that. I just finished the grind and all went well for me. Used multiple characters, played different hive levels, and sometimes did 2 or 3 hives in a row and got zero problems. Trophy popped at 50 hives.

The only thing that is currently advised is to always play alone with matchmaking off.

That only happened to me once but it wasn't on a hive and was probably because I went to the ps4 dashboard while the game was loading the next room. I restarted the app and it never happened again.

Keep at it. It's a rough grind, but at least the combat is fun. You'll get through it 1f44d.png

The grind isn't what I'm worried about (well...maybe a little lol). This has happened to be me five times already. Two of those times happened after making that post....I finally disconnected the internet from my PS4, which gave me 2 Hive missions on the War Table and I was able to complete those just fine, which I only did because I found something about that from months ago on Reddit. 

So it looks like I might have to disconnect the net every time I want to do a Hive mission. 

Edited by Viper

On 4/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, Viper said:

Well I don't know what to do...every time I do a Hive mission now, I hit a floor where enemies don't spawn. I've literally only been able to complete 2....TWO! 

Am I the only one experiencing this!? There's no way I'm going to be able to get to 50 when I can't complete these fucking things. I've had no other glitches in this entire game except this. Doing a Hive now and enemies decided not to spawn on the 4th floor. What do I do now? Just leave and do this shit all over again? What a waste of time!

I actually kind of enjoy this game....but this is straight bullshit!

What I did was restart the last checkpoint. I did it on the Elite Heroic Hive and after finishing it, the trophy pop on me. 

1 hour ago, vachira1123 said:

What I did was restart the last checkpoint. I did it on the Elite Heroic Hive and after finishing it, the trophy pop on me. 

Restarting checkpoint never works for me...the enemies just don't spawn. It JUST happened to me again before making this post. At this point, it's happened more often than not and it's insanely frustrating and the biggest waste of my time. The fact that this has apparently been happening to people for months, the game has had several patches and it's still not fixed is ridiculous. 

It makes me not even want to look at these missions, and the fact that I have 45 more of them to do with the risk of these glitching on me this frequently is mind numbing. But the fact that no one else here seems to have this level of an issue worries me. 

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

Restarting checkpoint never works for me...the enemies just don't spawn. It JUST happened to me again before making this post. At this point, it's happened more often than not and it's insanely frustrating and the biggest waste of my time. The fact that this has apparently been happening to people for months, the game has had several patches and it's still not fixed is ridiculous. 

It makes me not even want to look at these missions, and the fact that I have 45 more of them to do with the risk of these glitching on me this frequently is mind numbing. But the fact that no one else here seems to have this level of an issue worries me. 

It happened to me last night 4 times in a row,I restarted the game and still the same thing,I contacted them and they told me to turn the ps4 off and power-cycle it!I just turn it off and so far 3 hives where good! If it happens again I’ll try what they said! Before that I tried disconnecting from the net but that didn’t work for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, totakos1 said:

It happened to me last night 4 times in a row,I restarted the game and still the same thing,I contacted them and they told me to turn the ps4 off and power-cycle it!I just turn it off and so far 3 hives where good! If it happens again I’ll try what they said! Before that I tried disconnecting from the net but that didn’t work for me!

Thanks for this! A Hive glitched on me yet again right around the time you posted this, so I tried the power cycling and managed to complete that Hive (It was Desert Hive, which is the one that seems to glitch the most). The funny thing is I had just disconnected the net to try and complete the Hive, and it glitched on the first floor, then I see your post right afterwards. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had any luck getting "let the games begin" to show up again, I've only been able to do 2 hives max per day as they keep dissappearing and it's getting ridiculous because the empty room glitch has been happening as well 

17 hours ago, Annare_ said:

Is there any way to track how many you've done? I didn't know about the online stuff and I've done all of them with people to finish faster

Unfortunately i don’t think there is any way so I ended up with a pen and piece of paper! Every hive counts just in case anyone is wondering,did 1 online 2 elite and 2 regular and the 5 hive trophy popped!

15 hours ago, Griffen346 said:

Has anyone had any luck getting "let the games begin" to show up again, I've only been able to do 2 hives max per day as they keep dissappearing and it's getting ridiculous because the empty room glitch has been happening as well 

never saw it again as well,at least so far! Try to power-cycle your ps4 seems to be working I did another 5 hives and it seems that it got fixed! Just a recommendation if you can’t find regular hives and you want to speed up things for the platinum you can keep repeating the elite ones it’s just 1 floor extra!

On 4/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, JunkSkelington said:

Quit playing this shortly after launch because i had some bugged trophies. Decided to try to finish the plat before returnal comes out so started my hive grind. Read about the bug that requires you to quit to main menu after every run - uhhh, sounds about right for this game. Check my old emails to see how many hives id done. 

Email from 10/2020 - 9 complete

Email from 12/2020 - 5 complete 

So i guess i did negative 4 hives in november? Lol man returning to this game was probably a mistake. 

Finally got my hive trophy at 48 (including the elite heroic hive which ive heard counts as 3?) so it seems like my progress was reset completely at some point. This trophy really takes the fun out of this game, especially needing to quit to main menu after every single hive to get them to reappear so I'm happy to be done with this game. 

• Like 1

I also have a question about whether Elite Hives count into "Complete 50 Hive missions"?

I finished 4 Normal Hives and 2 Elite Hives, the "Complete 5 Hive missions" trophy doesn't pop.

After I finished the 5th Normal Hives, the "Complete 5 Hive missions" trophy popped.

Therefore, I would like to know whether the Elite Hives count into "Complete 50 Hive missions"?

Thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, RazeLok said:

I also have a question about whether Elite Hives count into "Complete 50 Hive missions"?

I finished 4 Normal Hives and 2 Elite Hives, the "Complete 5 Hive missions" trophy doesn't pop.

After I finished the 5th Normal Hives, the "Complete 5 Hive missions" trophy popped.

Therefore, I would like to know whether the Elite Hives count into "Complete 50 Hive missions"?

Thank you very much.

Well, it counted for me, i mostly did Elite hives and i got the "Complete 50 Hive missions" exactly after my 50th hive, but i know some people that had to finish over 100 hives for it to pop, so i don't know, the hives tracker is big mess.

On 17/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, Neptuos said:

Well, it counted for me, i mostly did Elite hives and i got the "Complete 50 Hive missions" exactly after my 50th hive, but i know some people that had to finish over 100 hives for it to pop, so i don't know, the hives tracker is big mess.

Oh, talk about me... over 150 and trophy doesn’t pop.

I play half alone (internet disabled) and half with a friend but I wasted a lot of time so I play 1 hive sometimes.

Did you completed all hives alone or online?

Edited by mirko46

1 minute ago, mirko46 said:

Oh, talk about me... over 150 and trophy doesn’t pop.

I play half alone (internet disabled) and half with a friend but I wasted a lot of time so I play 1 hive sometimes.

Did you completed all 48 hives alone or online?

Damn, that sucks. I did all 50 online and solo, since it's a Live service game, maybe playing offline screw the counter over, but don't quote me on that, and i'm pretty sure that when you play with a group, the hive completion only counts for the host, unless they fixed it.

They are sadistic. They patched everything that would make grinding more tolerable yet they kept the game breaking bugs as they are. God, I hate this game and their developers. Don't remember such repetitive and boring game. And I hate myself Because I can't just give up. I have to finish what I started!

Any solution to missing “Let the Game Begin” mission? (Only Elite Hive missions are available.) It won't show up no matter what I do. I completed it once for story progression and it's gone for good.

Edited by badcatsclaws

On 17/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, Neptuos said:

Damn, that sucks. I did all 50 online and solo, since it's a Live service game, maybe playing offline screw the counter over, but don't quote me on that, and i'm pretty sure that when you play with a group, the hive completion only counts for the host, unless they fixed it.

I played a lot as host and my friend obtained the trophy when I was the host.

On 18/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, badcatsclaws said:

They are sadistic. They patched everything that would make grinding more tolerable yet they kept the game breaking bugs as they are. God, I hate this game and their developers. Don't remember such repetitive and boring game. And I hate myself Because I can't just give up. I have to finish what I started!

Any solution to missing “Let the Game Begin” mission? (Only Elite Hive missions are available.) It won't show up no matter what I do. I completed it once for story progression and it's gone for good.

I’m in the same situation, I don’t want give up after a lot of hours..

For “Let the game Begin” the only way (for me) is return to main menu and re-enter in the game

Finally got the trophy....

Friend with whom i wasfarming got it 2 days ago even if we did all the Hives toghether..

As he was hosting most of the mission we figured out it counts only for the host...

Got mine now after 42 solo hives. did the runs on "Let the Game begin", normal hives, elite hives.so all of them count....

As it popped after only 42 solo hives i think that those missing 8 i was hosting in the mp sessions... or from longer ago as i already had the 5 hive trophy...

As far as im concerned; For the trophy:

-If playing with others you have to host the mission to have the hive count.

-Doing them only on challenge 1 works.

Edited by MadGardena
better formulation
  • Like 1

Finally, it just popped for me.

I did not have any List, but it I think it has been around 50 hives. could get the feeling that you have done much more than expected because its so boring.

I did it online/offline with mates/without mates. with different characters, and most of the time for the first hive "let the game begin".

Of course, skipping all floors that are possible it took about 15 min for me to complete this hive.

good luck everybody else, don't stop digging.

Three-feet-from-gold.jpg

• Like 3