Anyone else wanna give up on the 'got there' trophy?

• 3 weeks later...

These challenges suck. I got all the THPS1 ones, but I'm stuck on school2. I've spent 8 hours on it. The first 6 in one sitting. According to the gap checklist I've attempted it at least 500 times. I've gotten to the wall plant at the end twice...... out of 500+ attempts. The first time when I came off the wall back in to a manual I bailed immediately. The second time I apparently didn't manual quick enough so I landed the trick and then went in to a manual.

Honestly, I'm really just holding out hope that they update them to make them a tad easier like they did Roswell.

Long time THPS fan since the first THPS on PS1 so I'd really like the platinum for this game. All the other trophies are no problem but these get theres are stupid af and I'm really not sure why I continue to waste my time on them.

? to whoever in the meeting came up with these and got completing them all as a trophy.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, JCDenten said:

This trophy is making me feel like I'm bad at the game haha but I'm staying strong. Four more levels to go!

Keep going! 

I gave up to preserve my sanity. I lost it on Venice on the combo that requires you to manual across the planks of wood connecting the tables (Touchdown!). Even just getting that manual alone is so hit or miss due to popping up between planks. Putting it at the end of a combo is just terrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Bullring and School 2 are the hardest i would say. Needed 2 hours for each. Rest was ok. Maybe heaven was a bit annoying with Timing but everything doable. Just dont stop to try. Watched some Slow motion Videos on Youtube when i had Problems with Timing. It Was helpful :)

Edited by Entrepreneur9535

• 1 month later...

Ive just re watched some of the video guides for these and i still have no idea how i did some of these. Still one of my proudest plats

3 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

I’m yet to play that game but I got it for free with PlayStation Plus. Is the platinum actually that hard? 

Yes but with practice and patience i recon most people can do it and level 100 is a huge grind unless theres now a quicker way

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

I’m yet to play that game but I got it for free with PlayStation Plus. Is the platinum actually that hard? 

I don’t have the Platinum yet, though I’m inching towards it. I do a handful of Gaps or Get Theres every once in a while because just going beast mode on it would drive me insane. From what I’ve seen and done so far (and what remains on the list), I would say it’s “hard enough,” but more of the issue stems from the sheer amount you’ll have to do to clear the checklists and hit level 100, most of which will feel very grindy and tedious once you knock out all the basic stuff like clearing all goals on all the parks and maxing out a skater.

Some of the gaps/get theres are very picky, feeling almost RNG at times (the one that springs immediately to mind in this regard is Twinkie Transfer in Burnside, but there’s several others), where even when you’ll swear you’re doing it right, even when you watch a video a thousand times are seem to be doing the exact same thing, it just doesn’t pop (or awards a different one), and others where, no matter what buttons you hit, the skater just refuses to do what you want (lots of the lip-trick gaps can feel that way; your skater just blithely soars into the air, ignoring your press of the Triangle button, or says “Nah, fam, I’m gonna grind or wallride instead, kay?”)

That being said, I’d still say it’s worth playing. The game is a lot of fun, especially if you’ve got the nostalgia bonus of remembering the original back on PS1. Just be prepared for some frustration and tedium if you’re going for the Platinum.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

I would rate it a solid 7/10 difficulty wise.  I started the game 5 days ago and I'm only missing the level 100 trophy for platinum.

The hardest challenge was definitely School 2 Get-There (Hard) took me about 30 ~ 40 attempts to finally get it. It was very frustrating to keep the balance for such a long combo.

There were about 10 very tricky and annoying gaps but overall the trophy is not too hard specially if you understand how the boneless trick works for gaining more distance in the game.

The grinding for level 100 is not too bad compared to other games to be honest. With the 300xp method every 8 seconds I'm already at level 85.

38 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

Its about 18 ~ 20 minutes per level after you reach 90. Definitely boring but not extremely long if you compare it to other games.

I remember it being way longer than that but like i said in one of my earlier posts there will probs be a quicker way these days than when i did it nearly 2 years ago.

Its the grindiest trophy ive got without using an afk method

Edited by dannyswfc9

I remember some of the gaps being difficult enough to get and register properly. It drove me nuts just doing those. 

And then as part of the get there's you have to nail these gaps as part of a combo. Fuck that. 

I love the game as it was a huge part of my childhood but the gaps and get there's in the remake are pure bullshit. I'd put it up there with the Arkham Knight community challenge trophies, not worth the aggravation and constant retries just to get those 2-3 trophies. 

I remember smashing these games when I was a kid it was like easy mode back then as we were used to having games that are not just simple and easy unlike today where it's mostly easy stuff. But it's going back to these games that you remember and finding them harder, mainly because of controls. It's on my to-do list, but I'm not looking forward to the grind, that's for sure.

I was right there too on ready to frisbee the game disc at the wall.  That transition in bullring when you gotta go up the rail and then 90 degrees left down the rail with a blind jump was rage inducing.  School 2, pretty much comboing the level if i remember right.  The mall...another tough one.  Honestly, they're all tough and will take a lot of practice.  I remember the last one I got was Philly on Halloween night because I hit the combo, come flying down off the wire, and got nailed by a SEPTA bus.  I started screaming like a maniac and apparently there were some kids at the door that my gf was handing out candy to who got scared.  In my retarded rage fest, I failed to notice that I actually landed the combo a split second before the bus hit, and the trophy did pop.  ?

Edited by kinnyman
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Only have the Got There Trophy & the Lvl 100 Trophy to go for platinum.

Struggled with School 1, Mall & Downtown.

Not looking forward to Venice, School 2 or Bullring.

Thankfully Im playing on the PS4 version so once I get the platinum I'll be able to autopop the PS5 platinum. No way in hell am I going through this again

It's not the got there's that suck the most.  It's the fact that once you've done everything else, you still need about 30 levels to get to 100 and the grind is mind numbingly dumb.  It literally doesn't make sense because there is no good way to obtain XP and you'll be doing the same "grind" for 30+ hours which is such a waste of time.  They clearly didn't think this one through.

Had a great time revisiting this gem from my younger years but the Get Theres are out of my rank.

I've done Wolfenstein 2, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 2, among other difficult games but I'm just not willing to go mental over an ill thought trophy at this time. 

Congrats to all legit achievers. ??????

47 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Had a great time revisiting this gem from my younger years but the Get Theres are out of my rank.

I've done Wolfenstein 2, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 2, among other difficult games but I'm just not willing to go mental over an ill thought trophy at this time. 

Congrats to all legit achievers. 1f44f-1f3fb.png1f44f-1f3fb.png1f44f-1f3fb.png

Dude, according to the other platinums you've got you can totally make that challenge. Don't give up, it's not as hard as you think.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Dude, according to the other platinums you've got you can totally make that challenge. Don't give up, it's not as hard as you think.

Thanks, Gommes.

I'm gonna chip away at it and see where it takes me. 

I loved the original games more for the soundtrack than actually being good at them. This trophy really bummed me out but I'll complete the other ones in the meantime. ????

• Like 2