Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

3 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Considering they were all level 100 previously it looked stupid before, just less rounded now

The guy in first place threw a giant hissy fit before his account got removed off the leaderboards. Always thought Hakoom was more laid back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Considering they were all level 100 previously it looked stupid before, just less rounded now

Yeah, but it means anybody who was previously past level 100 before, would be same level as Hakoom and Rough now. Defeats the purpose of a leaderboard imo

Just now, Spaz said:

The guy in first place threw a giant hissy fit before his account got removed off the leaderboards. Always thought Hakoom was more laid back.

I was around the last two times RD4 was on here and threw a fit after getting flagged. Honestly as long as people are getting properly flagged, I don't care what rank they are.

2 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah, but it means anybody who was previously past level 100 before, would be same level as Hakoom and Rough now. Defeats the purpose of a leaderboard imo

And that is bad how? Most trophy hunters that are that high up tend to have very elitist attitudes as it is. Once you get to make level the only way to gauge who is better is by the overall score you have of each trophy's value.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Because they are a cheater/hacker. Most of them are. It's why i don't care about levels/leaderboards. 

4 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

I was around the last two times RD4 was on here and threw a fit after getting flagged. Honestly as long as people are getting properly flagged, I don't care what rank they are.

A lot of them cheat and account share with other people. You don't get to have 80,000 - 90,000 trophies without someone just freely handing you games, and letting other people go on your account to earn trophies for you. Paying people to earn trophies for them is another problem.

5 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

And that is bad how? Most trophy hunters that are that high up tend to have very elitist attitudes as it is. Once you get to make level the only way to gauge who is better is by the overall score you have of each trophy's value.

A majority stack the easy games. I had to go down to rank #30 - 50 to find anyone who had a decent amount of hard games and whose trophy list had a respectable number of Very Rare/Ultra Rare trophies.

So, 490 myself. It's just a number, so I don't see the need to get all bent out of shape over it. I tend to focus more on my AGC%, but that's just me.

7 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Most trophy hunters that are that high up tend to have very elitist attitudes as it is. Once you get to make level the only way to gauge who is better is by the overall score you have of each trophy's value.

At some point, it all devolves into DBZ muscle flexing. All numbers, no tangible differences. I suppose you have to make your own fun at that point.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

A majority stack the easy games. I had to go down to rank #30 - 50 to find anyone who had a decent amount of hard games and whose trophy list had a respectable number of Very Rare/Ultra Rare trophies.

This would still be an issue no matter which grading system you went with. The only way around this would be to have trophy value depreciate the more common the trophy is, which would make Rata and similar games less impactful overall.

1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

This would still be an issue no matter which grading system you went with. The only way around this would be to have trophy value depreciate the more common the trophy is, which would make Rata and similar games less impactful overall.

Even if you made a change that makes sense, people would still complain the trophy values would be too insignificant. The people on here who stack Ratalaika would have a field day with that.

Mostly upset because of the sudden change Sony just threw at us. But eventually we'll get used to it like everything else. Or just quit altogether.

Just now, Spaz said:

Even if you made a change that makes sense, people would still complain the trophy values would be too insignificant. The people on here who stack Ratalaika would have a field day with that.

Mostly upset because of the sudden change Sony just threw at us. But eventually we'll get used to it like everything else. Or just quit altogether.

I can understand the suddenness of it throwing a wrench into peoples plans and causing confusing, I think a more advanced heads up wouldn't have hurt. 

Just now, Havok_Knight said:

I can understand the suddenness of it throwing a wrench into peoples plans and causing confusing, I think a more advanced heads up wouldn't have hurt. 

That's what I've been trying to tell you all since I stumbled onto this thread.