Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

15 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

How bizarre. My level went from 21 to 241, back to 21 again. I must have been deemed not worthy!

Yeah, I was expecting this morning to see my new level on the screen. Nope. I'm still at level 73.

Just now, Spaz said:

Sony definitely won if they were aiming to grab more dumb casual players.

To be fair, if they grab more people, that's good by me. I get to brag about my trophies more!

But I just don't think they will. At least they didn't do something really stupid like reset levels or anything like that.

9 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So...this is leaderboards now eb0uiGJ.png looks hilariously stupid 

Haha I can’t stop laughing. I feel so much frustration like others said zero improvements at all just changing the ranking numbers and that’s it....

Edited by FearlessElle

10 minutes ago, TomHoang said:

It's from Sid who is the head of social media at PlayStation, so it's a good chance it's real.

I can't wait to see the Trophy picture icons, if you want to call them that. I really hope that Sony have made them a lot bigger than how they are on PS4. Like how on the Xbox there massive picture banners kind of thing. I've always found them to be quite small on PlayStation unless you click on each individual trophy to enlarge them. 

I suppose it's kind of obvious what this thread is about.

I was playing Tales of Berseria last night (trying to make up for Among Us causing me to not play my console games at all at times) and it made me re-sign into PSN and agree to Terms of Service again so I did and now all of a sudden trophies & levels are confusing the hell out of me.

On this website it says I'm level 13 at 46% until level 14 however it said something completely differently on my PS4 trophy info on the console home screen or whatever you want to call it. I don't remember exactly what it was but it said something like level 200-something at 30% until next level or something like that.

Um... what? I don't understand this at all. Can someone explain this to me please? I tried checking on this website but my leveling info or whatever hasn't changed.

I'm just super confused on what the hell is going on I guess. Is there a way to fix? I do remember hearing that the trophy stuff was going to change and I suppose it's possible that this website just hasn't updated with the new updates or whatever.

It just doesn't match now and it both bothers and confuses the hell out of me. But I'm sure this thread will be insta-closed or moved entirely into one of the thread in PSN Network area or something. ☹️

9 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I can't wait to see the Trophy picture icons, if you want to call them that. I really hope that Sony have made them a lot bigger than how they are on PS4. Like how on the Xbox there massive picture banners kind of thing. I've always found them to be quite small on PlayStation unless you click on each individual trophy to enlarge them. 

I hope they implement some sort of trophy tracker. People have been asking it for years. Would make sense with bigger picture banners.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Garbage. All sleek and shiny.

Sony definitely won if they were aiming to grab more dumb casual players.

They sold 113 million PS4 units as of August, they already have the majority share of casual players lol. This is most likely a marketing thing to make the PS5 more appealing to people that have been wanting some kind of trophy update to happen. Might not be the trophy thing the majority wanted, but it was a thing I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

They sold 113 million PS4 units as of August, they already have the majority share of casual players lol. This is most likely a marketing thing to make the PS5 more appealing to people that have been wanting some kind of trophy update to happen. Might not be the trophy thing the majority wanted, but it was a thing I suppose.

More appealing to the younger and newer people. For us, not so much.

I just don't know. The gaming industry is already going in a direction that doesn't sit well with me, now they had to make a hobby of mine more fruitless.

Might be some teething issues with this roll out of the new trophy levels.

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but three times now my level has switched between the old one and the new one, and ive just earned a platinum only for my count to still be at 60 instead of 61; yet its synced with PSNP fine...

Edited by ScintillaWolf

On 10/7/2020 at 9:17 AM, shlomaniac said:

Wait... If people with level 12 account will be boosted to 200ish , wont people in the 60+

level range be in max level already? (900+) 

Do remember the experience cap is bigger the higher level one is.

I hope this means trophy pop ups will be colorful and not just basic white or black backgrounds.

P.S they should the change the plat logo to be more "prestige" and not a button looking one. 

Exactly. At the very least, the default trophy popups should be the same as their grade (e.g., bronze trophy = bronze background color). A majority of games for multiple years have already set a standard for doing this for the trophy icons, whether the picture are color-coded respective to their grade or the outline border doing it, so the backgrounds should as well.

14L1d2e90.png

(A silver image for a silver trophy from a game)

28Lea3aac.png

(Gold image)

I can find plenty of examples of that but for some reason can't find some of the outline borders, which I've seen more than once.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1