How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Now if they were going to introduce this change right with the launch of the PS5 I would of been happier about this.

Why though? Literally what would change?

It makes sense for them to roll out changes in advance.

What would you do differently with a month of notice? I'm honestly curious.

Just now, LukeTheGooner said:

what is all this level stuff you're talking about, and a platinum badge? I'm a bit confused

You're so pure <3

Edited by mako-heart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The trophy system was implemented in 2008 as a response to Xbox introducing their achievement system back in 2005. 12 years is all, and I've been gaming for far longer than some people on these forums have been alive.

What I'm upset with was this change was sudden. There was no warning, no notification, no message in our inbox telling us there will be a change to this system.

Now if they were going to introduce this change right with the launch of the PS5 I would of been happier about this. There will be a lot happening between now and the launch of the new console, so logically, I think it would of made sense to prepare people ahead of time that there will be a new trophy system implemented to try to convince new people to hunt for trophies. Realistically, trophy hunters have always been a small minority. Out of dozens of friends I've had in person who play or had played on the PS4, only one or two of them cared about trophies.

I don't know why Sony implemented this change now. Nobody knows. But it was just stupid to just throw this out there and suddenly most of everyone has PSN levels in the hundreds. Having level 999 be given a platinum trophy image is just the shit icing on the cake.

Now any casual player can easily reach PSN level 100. Now this just makes it where gaining levels feels empty and utterly pointless.

I agree with you. Level 999 is really stupid.. They just basically increase a zero and increase the cap a bit. That doesn’t make people feel better at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The trophy system was implemented in 2008 as a response to Xbox introducing their achievement system back in 2005. 12 years is all, and I've been gaming for far longer than some people on these forums have been alive.

What I'm upset with was this change was sudden. There was no warning, no notification, no message in our inbox telling us there will be a change to this system.

Now if they were going to introduce this change right with the launch of the PS5 I would of been happier about this. There will be a lot happening between now and the launch of the new console, so logically, I think it would of made sense to prepare people ahead of time that there will be a new trophy system implemented to try to convince new people to hunt for trophies. Realistically, trophy hunters have always been a small minority. Out of dozens of friends I've had in person who play or had played on the PS4, only one or two of them cared about trophies.

I don't know why Sony implemented this change now. Nobody knows. But it was just stupid to just throw this out there and suddenly most of everyone has PSN levels in the hundreds. Having level 999 be given a platinum trophy image is just the shit icing on the cake.

Now any casual player can easily reach PSN level 100. Now this just makes it where gaining levels feels empty and utterly pointless.

again, in the end, it doesn't matter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

what is all this level stuff you're talking about, and a platinum badge? I'm a bit confused

You get a Platinum Badge is for reaching level 999 in the new trophy system. It’s pretty much just an icon next to your level. Cosmetic only and it’s completely pointless. Only less than 200 people in the whole world will get it at this moment. But yeah that little icon means a lot of money spent on PSN.

Edited by mvpeast

2 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Why though? Literally what would change?

It makes sense for them to roll out changes in advance.

What would you do differently with a month of notice? I'm honestly curious.

It would of been more professional. This change sounds like 'We're here holding the reins, don't like it GTFO'. Not entirely a bad idea, but poorly executed.

3 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

you got that right

2 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

again, in the end, it doesn't matter

Why are you even here then, if you didn't give a shit?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That I can agree with.  I hate inflating numbers just for the sake of inflating numbers.  I would prefer if they rescaled it so the old level 100 was now level 80, or whatever, and 100 was still the max.

As for the rest.  The PS5 is "live".  I mean, they're sitting in boxes ready to go right now.  If you had one and plugged it in, there is probably already a patch waiting for it.  Not sure why you really need a heads up that they are changing their scale.  It doesn't affect your trophies, nor change what getting further trophies do.  It just gives you a new icon and number to look at.  Granted, we're all here because of that number, but the scale changing doesn't affect much for most people.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I found out today, I got a little sick from the news. I was like why are they messing with this.

A little bummed was looking forward to crossing level 50 this month 

I do not get this like a lot of the things of 2020

Im In Ohio waiting for a patch if their is one 12:36 am

• Like 1

Just now, ChuckDNorris said:

I found out today, I got a little sick from the news. I was like why are they messing with this.

Something like this...Sony should've asked the community about, not just go full-steam ahead without any input. All they had to do was remove the level 100 cap. But the scaling now is bullshit. Yes, cool, I'm 347 now, but now people who were previous level 100 are now the same level as the top trophy hunters. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

That I can agree with.  I hate inflating numbers just for the sake of inflating numbers.  I would prefer if they rescaled it so the old level 100 was now level 80, or whatever, and 100 was still the max.

As for the rest.  The PS5 is "live".  I mean, they're sitting in boxes ready to go right now.  If you had one and plugged it in, there is probably already a patch waiting for it.  Not sure why you really need a heads up that they are changing their scale.  It doesn't affect your trophies, nor change what getting further trophies do.  It just gives you a new icon and number to look at.  Granted, we're all here because of that number, but the scale changing doesn't affect much for most people.

I'll take back what I said about needing a heads up. Still, poorly executed, and as much as I have said that rankings and levels aren't worth much of anything, I still care about my own trophy count and level. That's why a lot of us are still here.

Yes, the PS5 has already been developed and tested. It's basically where the PS4 was back in November 2013. Now they just need Amazon and the other big retailers to supply all the shipments, because there have already been countless preorders.

As somebody who isn't planning to get the new console for quite a while, seeing this change unsettles me a bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I like the old system way better. You don’t need level 999.. It’s a very stupid idea. Why do you need such a big number? That’s just making trophies levels even more pointless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckDNorris said:

Look on the bright side, you definitely crossed level 50 today and quite substantially. 

• Like 2

What the hell is the point is raising the level cap to 999 and THEN bumping everyone up to triple digits? 

REALLY WANTED the trophy cap to be raised. but I didn't want my LEVEL to be artificially raised. I'm at the 999 cap again. What was the point of the update?

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 4

im not sure how fast it will be to reach level 1000. i went from 54 to 500 (estimate). and im seeing people who went to 24 to 200-300. it seems to add a extra 0 at the end. so level 100=1000 kinda. it seems to be a huge difference between 200 and 500. i dont think these newbies that launched to 200 will be seeing 500 anytime soon. its just something we have to get use to. we been use to the old system for 12 years thats why we dont like it. i have to give it a good week or 2 to fully wrap my head around how much its changed because right now were just seeing numbers instead of progress

also i dont like it either for the record. they should of just raised the cap like everyone asked for. 

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

im not sure how fast it will be to reach level 1000. i went from 54 to 500 (estimate). and im seeing people who went to 24 to 200-300. it seems to add a extra 0 at the end. so level 100=1000 kinda. it seems to be a huge difference between 200 and 500. i dont think these newbies that launched to 200 will be seeing 500 anytime soon. its just something we have to get use to. we been use to the old system for 12 years thats why we dont like it. i have to give it a good week or 2 to fully wrap my head around how much its changed because right now were just seeing numbers instead of progress

You need like 1200 platinums to reach level 999. That’s a lot of money and time.

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

I think it really depends on the amount of Plats, based from Sony's release. So even if someone is 24, what if they have no Plats? Probably not going to get the same type of boost.

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What the hell is the point is raising the level cap to 999 and THE bumping everyone up to triple digits? 

REALLY WANTED the trophy cap to be raised. but I didn't want my LEVEL to be artificially raised. I'm at the 999 cap again. What was the point of the update?

You really shot up. I remember you having under 10,000 trophies when KingSuperOne reviewed your account on his YouTube channel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mvpeast said:

You need like 1200 platinums to reach level 999. That’s a lot of money and time.

The level 999 with the lowest number of Platinums so far is 1044. So until the proper calculation system is in place to figure out the numbers, 1200 isn't an accurate average.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

The level 999 with the lowest number of Platinums so far is 1044. So until the proper calculation system is in place to figure out the numbers, 1200 isn't an accurate average.

Well I’m just estimating. I need like 850 platinums to get level 100 old cap. New system 1050 so it’s roughly 200 more plats to reach the new cap. That’s a lot.

Edited by mvpeast

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Well I’m just estimating. I need like 850 platinums to get level 100 old cap. New system 1050 so it’s roughly 200 more plats to reach the new cap. That’s a lot.

Unfortunately I think people are just dumb enough to try to reach level 999 because of that 'platinum image' Sony just slapped on it. Pathetic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You really shot up. I remember you having under 10,000 trophies when KingSuperOne reviewed your account on his YouTube channel.

I forgot about that video xD

But yeah, I guess at that point, I couldn't buy a lot because I didn't have an income. But now I do :)