Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

3 hours ago, InfinityOnH1gh said:

Does anyone know why certain games don't show up on the native stores? Until I started reading about this news, I had no idea it was an issue. I had thought some games had been delisted when actually they're just missing.

Because they built the web Store with only Legacy content in mind, since it was opened a month before the announcement of the PS4. And they simply forgot to improve the console apps since then. And now... WHOOPSIE. B-but the TOS...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Physical over digital. The digital world is far too volatile. I can hope that in the next 10 years there will be new laws in regards to how digital content is handled. Sadly in my country, Congress and much of the corporate power is stuck in the past, so it will be a long time before things get settled.

I always get physical copies over digital when I can, even double dipped several times with buying physical versions of games I already own digitally when they get limited or retail physicals later on.

The problem is, even physical copies of games are tied to digital to some extent nowadays. There's countless games in recent years that have updates right on/before release date. There's some games that are nearly unplayable without patches, or have game breaking bugs, and some where the disc/cartridge doesn't even have the entirety of the content on it and requires the rest to be downloaded (e.g. Spyro Reignited Trilogy on PS4, several physical Switch games)

Which just leads me to another concern, what happens when the servers that host these updates are inevitably shut down? What happens when we pop in a physical disc into our PS3 10 years from now that we've never started up before, and it has patches or DLC we can no longer download? Sure, we'd probably still be able to play it fine in most cases, but in a lot of cases, it would be an inferior version, especially if it is a game that happens to have a lot of DLC that never gets released in physical format.

Honestly, it's just a shitty situation all around. I kind of miss the days when consoles didn't have online at all, when games were complete when they were released, and the only thing you had to worry about was getting your disc scratched up. Of course as a result some games had game breaking bugs or other glitches that could never be fixed aside from reprints, but I don't remember having too many serious issues, I never even experienced so much as a corrupt save until the 7th gen.

I do hope digital purchases get new laws in how they're handled as well, but I have a bad feeling it won't actually be for the better. If they do get new regulations, it'll probably end up taking even more away from the consumer than anything else.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hard truths, everyone was aware back then this could happen, and it has to a degree 

In 10-15 years I don't expect to be able to download vita or ps3 games at all

By then there should be a long term solution though, hopefully. Because those servers are not going to stay up forever 

I'm not happy about it at all, but I knew it was gonna happen eventually back then, and it's starting to show 

The digital world is extremely convenient, but predictably dangerous. I thought your post was extremely on point, because the writing has been on the wall with delistings and server shutdowns. I would move forward assuming everything has an expiration date on any platform.

11 hours ago, mako-heart said:

It's cute you think they don't deserve to continue serving us due to a ToS written entirely to cover their ass legally. Give me a break.

They don’t have to continue serving you because you agreed to it over and over.

• Like 2

But they ARE continuing to serve us, one way or another. That's the problem. Why did they choose the opposite route of what they did with the PSP? It would've made more sense to discontinue the console apps, as basically EVERYONE considered them junk. They're more obsolete than the site itself.

Edited by Lance_87

6 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

They don’t have to continue serving you because you agreed to it over and over.

Congratulations on missing the point. I'm quite aware ToS exist so the company can do whatever it want. And again, I'm pretty sure we're both aware it's that way to cover their asses.

PSNP can ban all of us just for posting in this thread, do you think that's in their best interest? It's rhetorical, I already know your answer. "They can do what they want".

3 hours ago, mako-heart said:

Congratulations on missing the point. I'm quite aware ToS exist so the company can do whatever it want. And again, I'm pretty sure we're both aware it's that way to cover their asses.

PSNP can ban all of us just for posting in this thread, do you think that's in their best interest? It's rhetorical, I already know your answer. "They can do what they want".

What is your point? We agree that Sony can run roughshod over the both of us and anyone else that agrees to their terms. It seems that you are pissed that they are doing so and expected more. You have a right to be upset.

What you don’t have a right to do is express shock and awe when this kind of behavior has been handed out in small doses for years and then manifests in a big way. It sucks, but this is just the way it is. If you don’t like it, express your opinion directly to Sony as others have because I promise you that your thoughts and opinions on this site are not valued by them.

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

What is your point? We agree that Sony can run roughshod over the both of us and anyone else that agrees to their terms. It seems that you are pissed that they are doing so and expected more. You have a right to be upset.

What you don’t have a right to do is express shock and awe when this kind of behavior has been handed out in small doses for years and then manifests in a big way. It sucks, but this is just the way it is. If you don’t like it, express your opinion directly to Sony as others have because I promise you that your thoughts and opinions on this site are not valued by them.

It's a bad business move when compared to their main competitor. And I already contacted Sony to complain :"D

5 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

when this kind of behavior has been handed out in small doses for years and then manifests in a big way

Nintendo always gave a warning several months before the full closure of the legacy stores, this one with Sony (despite not being a full closure) is happening all in just 2-3 weeks and the email was actually sent a week before. And again, they simply said to move/return to the console apps, not that things were going to be lost after the closure of the legacy web Store. They just pretend that everything is working as intended.

Everyone should send Sony a list of the games that do not appear on the console Store apps.

Edited by Lance_87

The stores on the console are trash. The PS3 store has been broken for a long time, searching for Vita games on the actual Vita often fails and the PS4 store is far from ideal. Using the browser/mobile store saves a great deal of time.

I'm still heated that Sony failed to give a few months warning ahead of time, also I think releasing this crap this far ahead of the actual console release was a bad move altogether. Sure we probably would of complained regardless, but at least we would of been a little 'better prepared', for lack of a better term.

Pretending that everything is working as intended just tells me they don't know their own product. I think Sony failed to even see they shut down the PSP operation, yet they foolishly think it's still accessible.

Just a bunch of worthless executives, they're probably the ones pretending that shit is working.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2020 at 0:17 AM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Thanks for the info. Will have to check it out again and see if I’m still hit with a paywall. 

Edit: Have added over 5 items to the site and haven’t been hit with a paywall yet. Maybe it’s just a thing for their app? That’s what I was trying to use before-but I thought I had tried the mobile site too, maybe not. 

I may have missed something obvious, but can anyone show me how do I add games to "My Collection"? I went to the game page but didn't find any option to do that.

Edited by Maverick6146

9 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

I may have missed something obvious, but can anyone show me how do I add games to "My Collection"? I went to the game page but didn't find any option to do that.

anywhere we can provide feedback? someone posted a response from SONY so i was wondering if there's a way to reach them..

What does Sony have to do with PSprices? O_o"

Twitter is a lost cause. Every single attempt at contacting them ends with a DM where they basically you to contact them through other means, i.e. email or phone, because they can't deal with sensible info on a social network (they pretend all the issues have to do with accounts). They have no idea of what you're talking about.

Tickets, well... there's a chance that they'll give you troubleshooting for restoring your PS4.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Yes, you can send a tweet to Sony through their PlayStation Twitter page for your region. You can also submit a support ticket, but those are read less frequently.

thank you for the info.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Twitter is a lost cause. Every single attempt at contacting them ends with a DM where they basically you to contact them through other means, i.e. email or phone, because they can't deal with sensible info on a social network (they pretend all the issues have to do with accounts). They have no idea of what you're talking about.

Tickets, well... there's a chance that they'll give you troubleshooting for restoring your PS4.

No i don't expect a low level supporting personnel would/should give any sensible answer to questions like this. The whole purpose is somehow let SONY know their decision is unpopular.

95% of the time, the person who gave out advice like restoring console/reinstall OS/factory reset phone doesn't have any clue of the actual issue. I sometimes did the same thing when I work on support

1 hour ago, Maverick6146 said:

thank you for the info.

No i don't expect a low level supporting personnel would/should give any sensible answer to questions like this. The whole purpose is somehow let SONY know their decision is unpopular.

95% of the time, the person who gave out advice like restoring console/reinstall OS/factory reset phone doesn't have any clue of the actual issue. I sometimes did the same thing when I work on support

Sony was inundated with tweets and issued a response that they would take the change of party chat into consideration, (they are listening) so as I said if you are looking for a way to voice your opinion that seems to be the best way to do it. I wouldn’t waste time calling or starting a support ticket because those agents don’t deal with policy issues. 

Edited by VoidVictorious

Holy fuck, the new store is just... bad.  I could navigate the previous one so easily, but now, where the hell are all the new games located at? Or the upcoming games? Unless I'm missing something here, I don't understand the need to even change the store to begin with.

Edit: Okay, so the new games are there on the main page... still doesn't change my mind on how stupid it all looks.

Edited by DrakeHellsing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Holy fuck, the new store is just... bad.  I could navigate the previous one so easily, but now, where the hell are all the new games located at? Or the upcoming games? Unless I'm missing something here, I don't understand the need to even change the store to begin with.

Edit: Okay, so the new games are there on the main page... still doesn't change my mind on how stupid it all looks.

What country are you in? 

Are you talking about the mobile app, or the ps3 or vita store on console? 

18 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

What country are you in? 

Are you talking about the mobile app, or the ps3 or vita store on console? 

Webstore itself.  In New Zealand myself, cause I went to use the usual link I have, but it bought me to the new one.

This is what I see anyway: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/latest

Not sure if it'll update for you guys though, on if it'll show you the white store page, or the older blue store page.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

If the NZ store has been changed then so should the AU region but for me it's still the same (20/10/2020 14:04 AEST).

Maybe they're just doing it country by country for the time being? Who knows really, but if it's not changed for you, then hard to say why not in the end.