Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

6 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Emails are being sent by Sony for this announcements (check your email). If you want to purchase something that is sold on those stores but don't have the console better buy them from the browser store before is late.

Just checked, haven’t gotten any emails about this yet. Would you (or anyone else who has gotten the email) mind copy/pasting or summarizing for the rest of us???

And it goes without saying that any content you've purchased for any of the aforementioned systems will remain in your download list and will be available exactly as they were before

Havent recieved the email myself. but does this section mean we will still be able to see a list of 'DLC/GAMES/ETC' we own on the web store and still initiate the download from the webstore?

or would we still need to go to the store on the PS3/VITA to start the download. 

• Like 1

Thanks. At least it’s being delayed a bit but I’m still at a loss about what I should do. 

Question for anyone w/a PS3 with functioning internet-how annoying is it going to be to find and download previously bought PS3 games from awhile back? If I buy them now on mobile but download them months later, will finding them be an issue? 

Also, don’t have a PSP or Vita yet (have a large enough backlog as is) but I know there’s at least one digital only Vita game I want (Nightcry). Can it be found and bought from the Vita store?

Are there any PSP titles that are digital only for the US?

I prefer physical copies if they’re available anyway, unless I can get a great sale on digital (even if I have to hunt for awhile for reasonably priced physical copies of rare games) and this is why. 

Also hope this doesn’t mean they’re going to stop having PS4 sales anytime soon. ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Thanks. At least it’s being delayed a bit but I’m still at a loss about what I should do. 

Question for anyone w/a PS3 with functioning internet-how annoying is it going to be to find and download previously bought PS3 games from awhile back? If I buy them now on mobile but download them months later, will finding them be an issue? 

Also, don’t have a PSP or Vita yet (have a large enough backlog as is) but I know there’s at least one digital only Vita game I want (Nightcry). Can it be found and bought from the Vita store?

Are there any PSP titles that are digital only for the US?

I prefer physical copies if they’re available anyway, unless I can get a great sale on digital (even if I have to hunt for awhile for reasonably priced physical copies of rare games) and this is why. 

Also hope this doesn’t mean they’re going to stop having PS4 sales anytime soon. 1f612.png

All your purchases for ps3/vita/psp/psone classics/ps2 classics are in your ps3 download list and it's gonna be a pain in the ass to find what you want, but it's not impossible. All your purchases are in the order you bought them (except psplus games, they're gonna refresh and be on the top of the list everytime you renovate your subscription) 

The vita store is a mess and it's incomplete. Fortunately you can buy everything from the ps3 store. I saw Nightcry in the ps3 store just yesterdary (I want that game too, clock tower fan). Regardless, that game is available in the vita store too. Every game I want is there except Pantsu Hunter, but I can find it in the ps3 store without problems.

I can't answer your last question, sorry.

• Like 4

Delisted Games has shared a copy of Sony's email which is now being sent to users.

Sony makes it official: PlayStation 3, PSP & Vita removed from PSN website between October 21 and 26https://delistedgames.com/sony-makes-it-official-playstation-3-psp-vita-removed-from-psn-website-between-october-21-and-26/

Our brand-new PlayStation™Store launches on web and mobile from 21 – 26 October 2020, and we are making some changes to the content you can access on PS Store via your desktop and mobile devices.

What is changing?

The following changes will come into effect online from 21 – 26 October, and on mobile on 28 October:

• You will no longer be able to buy:
o PlayStation®3 games and add-ons
o PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) games and add-ons
o PlayStation®Vita games and add-ons
o Apps
o Themes
o Avatars

• The Wishlist feature will be discontinued and any items currently on “Your Wishlist” will be removed.

What does this mean for you?
The content listed above will no longer be available to buy on PS Store when accessed via a desktop or mobile device. However, you will still be able to buy PS3™, PSP or PS Vita content by accessing PS Store directly from your PS3, PSP or PS Vita. PlayStation®4 apps, themes and avatars can also be downloaded via PS Store on your PS4™ console.

What about the content you already own?
You will still be able to access all your previously purchased PS3, PSP or PS Vita content as before. Your existing PS4 apps, themes and avatars will remain on your PS4 console.

Where can you find out more?
If you have any questions about these changes, please visit https://www.playstation.com/get-help

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, red_tyrant said:

All your purchases for ps3/vita/psp/psone classics/ps2 classics are in your ps3 download list and it's gonna be a pain in the ass to find what you want, but it's not impossible. All your purchases are in the order you bought them (except psplus games, they're gonna refresh and be on the top of the list everytime you renovate your subscription) 

The vita store is a mess and it's incomplete. Fortunately you can buy everything from the ps3 store. I saw Nightcry in the ps3 store just yesterdary (I want that game too, clock tower fan). Regardless, that game is available in the vita store too. Every game I want is there except Pantsu Hunter, but I can find it in the ps3 store without problems.

I can't answer your last question, sorry.

Thanks for the help! That’s all great to know. I don’t have PS+ so at least that shouldn’t be an issue.

Now the main thing I have to really worry about is trying to buy a Japanese game from the JP PS3 store after this mess. (Demento, Japanese version of Haunting Ground-I luckily have a physical copy, but would love a digital copy as well for preservation purposes since it’s one of my favorite games of all time). 

I highly doubt there’s time for me to order a Japanese gift card and have it delivered (our mail delivery has been a bit of a disaster lately due to the state of the US) before they implement this. 

Edit: I saw on another site that simply using the filters on the PlayStation Store for PSP digital only games was pretty reliable:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PSNGAMES/1?direction=asc&platform=psp&smcid=pdc%3Aca-en%3Aweb-pdc-games-ape-quest-psp%3Awaystobuy-buy-download%3Anull%3A&sort=name

Don’t see any stand-outs here for me except the Corpse Party Games-which it says are also on PS Vita. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

20 minutes ago, red_tyrant said:

Yes, but you need to remember WHEN you bought them. That's why i recommended everyone on Reddit to use the PSDLE extension ASAP to get a complete list of all items, and why not, try to ask the PlayStation Support for a complete list of the Transaction History, since the one in the website is mostly incomplete.

It's sad that we have to learn something like this from leaks, this change is very important, people bought games from the website for the past 7 years mostly because the console apps were (and are) junk. They don't even mention a change/removal for the Download List/Download Queue. If the List goes, PSDLE will be no more, as already confirmed by his creator. :(

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 3

So this is all but confirmed now, sad news indeed. As I said previously, I've already bought everything I want for PS3 and Vita digitally I believe, spent like £100-200 over the past 2 years getting everything I wanted that was no longer ever going on sale (mostly PS2 and PS1 classics), so I don't have to worry about rushing to get anything, but it still a huge blow for those that do still want to buy things for those systems without having to deal with the nightmare that is the constantly freezing PS3 store or the broken Vita store. Also going to make it a lot harder to download/re-download things now thanks to the mess of a list on both PS3 and Vita.

Meanwhile, the 360 store has mostly been integrated into the Xbox One's storefront. Not gonna lie, I almost somewhat regret not being a bigger Xbox fan back in the day now. I appreciate how Microsoft still seems to care to some extent about their previous systems, even if they don't have full backwards compatibility, the majority of my 360 games that I care about I can play on my X1. It's been nice not having to have my 360 still hooked up to my TV for the past few years because the last few games I have for that backlog I can just play on the X1. Meanwhile, my PS3 is probably going to be hooked up for another 5 years because Sony refuses to give us any options to play our PS1 or PS2 classics on newer systems, or any PS3 games that aren't just through PS Now (which I have zero interest in).

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, but you need to remember WHEN you bought them. That's why i recommended everyone on Reddit to use the PSDLE extension ASAP to get a complete list of all items, and why not, try to ask the PlayStation Support for a complete list of the transaction history, since the one in the website is mostly incomplete.

It's sad that we have to learn something like this from leaks, this change is very important, people bought games from the website for the past 7 years mostly because the console apps were junk. They don't even mention a change/removal for the Download List/Download Queue. If the List goes, PSDLE will be no more, as already confirmed by his creator. :(

Of course, this situation is crap and sony is making some dumb choices. Im a little old school so what I did since I got my ps3 (2009) was to make a list in microsoft word with all my purchases, writing out my entire download list from the console, not the website. My OCD helped me a lot in this situation ? Obviously my method is made for mad men, but that was my solution. (I didn't even know something like PSDLE existed at the time)

23 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Thanks for the help! That’s all great to know. I don’t have PS+ so at least that shouldn’t be an issue.

Now the main thing I have to really worry about is trying to buy a Japanese game from the JP PS3 store after this mess. (Demento, Japanese version of Haunting Ground-I luckily have a physical copy, but would love a digital copy as well for preservation purposes since it’s one of my favorite games of all time). 

I highly doubt there’s time for me to order a Japanese gift card and have it delivered (our mail delivery has been a bit of a disaster lately due to the state of the US) before they implement this. 

I just searched and demento is in the ps3 store. Just enter the  ps3 store using a japanese account. Let's hope everything will be ok. I was scared too last week, so I made some experiments with the ps3 store and bought some dlc from gravity rush, just to be sure I could register a credit card, add funds and buy vita stuff. 0 problems.

Edited by red_tyrant
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, red_tyrant said:

Im a little old school so what I did since I got my ps3 (2009) was to make a list in microsoft word with all my purchases, writing out my entire download list from the console, not the website.

Well i've used Excel instead, i have lists of games and apps, with latest version, size, included DLC (just the number and some names, not something detailed as PSDLE), if they have something that hasn't been installed, and stuff that doesn't work anymore due to servers shutdown. I also remove discontinued F2P games every few weeks. I also have wishlists with all my missing games, i won't buy most of them but whatever lol. I also made a brief list of missing DLC but only for the owned games, i don't buy them for Plus titles (unless i play and like them, like Just Cause 3)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm using pen and paper to keep track of my purchases, i feel like Fred Flintstone now 1f611.png

That's the spirit! In the long run that's the best option. Some years ago my phone just died and I lost all my numbers. After that I have lists in paper for all that stuff. phone numbers, passwords, names of important programs if for some reason your pc died and you need to format it. The possibilities are endless!

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Well i've used Excel instead, i have lists of games and apps, with latest version, size, included DLC (just the number and some names, not something detailed as PSDLE), if they have something that hasn't been installed, and stuff that doesn't work anymore due to servers shutdown. I also remove discontinued F2P games every few weeks. I also have wishlists with all my missing games, i won't buy most of them but whatever lol. I also made a brief list of missing DLC but only for the owned games, i don't buy them for Plus titles (unless i play and like them, like Just Cause 3)

LISTS! The cause and solution to all of life's problems.

Guess I'm in the absolute minority here but in 12 years I've never once used the webstore to purchase anything on any accounts. Always used the consoles, it was always a horrible experience & it looks like I'm just going to keep suffering though that anyway ?. I've been getting a lot of online done for ps3 this year, all self-boost-able stuff so that's double the downloads. Yeah it's been horrible & tedious to do but I've always considered it part of the ps3 experience. ? 

14 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

While I'll miss the old PS Store, I honestly don't know why everyone is freaking out about it. There's the search option to find the stuff you need and you can always screenshot it using your phone or laptop.

The only positive thing about the new download list is that the content is no longer in multiple pages but as a long list.

The problem is that, as of now, it only includes PS4 base games and demos.

I wonder if they'll let us re-purchase Plus games from the new website...

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Why do you keep insinuating that no one should be upset over this? It might not affect you personally but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. It doesn't even really affect me since I've already purchased everything I want on those systems, but I'm still sad to see it go and I can understand perfectly how it will affect people. I don't really think it's that hard to understand why people aren't happy with this, you need only read through this thread to see the multiple reasons why this has people less than thrilled.

You're right, I am sorry if I upset you by saying what I said before.

• Like 2

I guess I better clear the digital shelf while I can for what I haven't bought yet. There won't be any flash sales for PS3 anyway, there hasn't been in forever. At least we are getting a formal warning. Last I checked trying to open the PS3 store on console, it simply said the feature is under maintenance ? That's plenty warning enough for me.