GTAO sucks?

robertgp11

Yeah it's not real fun alone, servers are annoying but they'll be ok soon, 100 might be too much to be honest, they haven't done much to make it so interesting that I really want to plow hours upon hours into playing/leveling up, maybe the missions will get better as I go on but right now, when I'm online on my own is boring ;/ I need friends on to actually, I think it's a friends game and something you can roll solo on, you can't have fun for that long killing other players.

I don't think it sucks I just think right now it's a little bland, the races aren't that fun for me, it's so easy to hit a wooden post or accidentally turn at the wrong turn, or not turn when you're suppose too. Or you can get turned at the start by other players and at that point you're basically out of the race, I get that, that is mostly down to skill ect, but still I wish they could edit the tracks a little to take out non-breakable posts and maybe finding out where you're meant to be going a little easier.

Death match unless you come first is pointless, if you die 10 times, I swear you lose more money then you make, thanks hospitals bills.

That's my take on it so far, I don't expect a hugely interesting story line but just doing repo's is not majorly interesting to be honest, races aren't for me and death matches are currently pointless if you care about making money, does online suck? no it's actually pretty good, just so far I'm not really enjoying it, but that's my problem. ;)

Edited by Humonic
  • Like 1

I actually think it's pretty good, the team based things are pretty good and I like driving around in free mode seeing what other people are up to.

The servers issues are shockingly bad at the moment but it's the first weekend since it launched so I expected it to be busy, it's got a long way to go to be perfect in that aspect though

Edited by DanKing2604

I've only tried going online once so far and played for a hour or two. I had both patches before attempting anything and here's how it went for me... 

Spent a fair amount of time seeing up my character. Experienced really long load times. Opening cutscene was great quality and got me pumped up. Nobody joined the opening race so I enjoyed a nice victory over Lamar. Went through a couple other quick missions where a couple other random guys joined in and had fun. I backed out to single player and let it sit for a while. When I came back and tried to go online, my character was corrupted :(  I started over and received several errors about the servers and to try again later. 

I finally managed to get into a session but  I lost all my money from the intro missions. I did book up with a friend and we had fun for a little over a bit where he showed me the ropes. 

I haven't tried to get back online yet so I'm hoping my character is still intact. 

It have a great potencial.

When R* will add heists anf maybe more missions (now they are all exactly same and thats boring) along with custom DM and race editor..damn you have me for weeks

All depands on how they will upgrade GTA O

And i hope real $ payment wont ruin it (now its ok but somehow i think they will add more things then just currency)

There are some problems, it definitely isn't done, which is amazing as they made a 2 week delay for what?

The character customization is very weak, picking your ancestors and that's it, meh. The character selection of the parents suck as well.

If you want to dick around and not just play missions, you will be losing money left and right because even though you have 8000$ to start with, you lose a good chunk (I think it was at 350 at first and around a 1000 now) of money outside of deathmatches, making it hard to keep track of your money unless your having minimal fun (like I'm doing).

All the fun stuff advertised in the trailers aren't there yet or are not done fully (the character customization I was promised would be nice.)

The missions don't feel impact ful on a story front basis (not a real reason to do missions except getting money faster, no real progression)

I have some more but the biggest downfall will be the micro transactions, while it thankfully won't give any a higher advantage unless they are a higher level from a showing stuff standpoint its obviously easier to spend the cash then grind it out like everyone else, just this time its in an unfinished multiplayer section of a 60$ game then a free to play.

Oh yeah there's obviously the connection issues to the servers DUH.

• Like 1

I just want traditional game modes back. Cops & Crooks was easily the best game mode in GTA IV.

heck, vanilla free mode would be better than this MMO-free mode hybrid. I don't care about this progression style ranking system. How about just having access to all the weapons and vehicles just for fun?  

I got to say its mainly fun with friends as I have played solo, online with randoms and then online with friends and playing with friends are the best way to go. Level 100 is pretty much a grind so I'm just focusing on finishing all my university work so I can keep playing for longer hours. I can't say it sucks but the main way of getting rep being missions does suck since there are actually missions where it is very hard even with 4 people and somehow, an easier mission just happens to give out 2x more rep than that mission. Same scenario with cash.

I evidently thought there would be an entirely different story...

It seems all there is to do is call for a job, do the job, and spend the money. Initially, I've found that to be repetitive.

You could do races, death matches, etc., but I honestly find them to be tedious. I've actually only played with one friend, so I'm not sure if it'd be more entertaining with more people.

The ranking system is okay, but... again, it can be repetitive and uninteresting overtime.

Not to mention, I went through 11 characters before finally being able to actually play online.

I suppose I enjoy story production, which I feel GTAO lacks.

The story itself I felt was interactive and a lot of fun, to say the least.

I'm having mixed emotions on whether or not I like it, perhaps when heists and other activities become available it will be more pleasant.

Edited by HighOnStardust