People that get trophies before release date

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

And how are you going to account for different launch dates in different countries? If a game shares a single list WW, then it can be out days earlier in one region. In fact, with a lot of localized games from Japan, they may have it months or years earlier than EU/NA.

Exactly my point, demon souls is going to be a big one where US players will get it a whole week early which is plenty of time to get the 100%

5 minutes ago, Kreivok said:

Each to their own I guess. If I want a game that badly at midnight I will just save myself the hassle and get it digital.

And this is why I shop digitally myself now, but if you choose to purchase a physical copy when digital is available, it's your choice to either pick it up or get it shipped. Whereas, I can't choose to play a game early.

Also, I see you keep using Demon's Souls as an example, but that's a very extreme case, the only reason it is delayed in the EU is because the actual system is delayed in the EU.

6 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

And how are you going to account for different launch dates in different countries? If a game shares a single list WW, then it can be out days earlier in one region. In fact, with a lot of localized games from Japan, they may have it months or years earlier than EU/NA.

There are multiple versions of games some for NA, EU, JP, HK, etc. The earliest official street date should be used. It's important to remember anyone serious about this can just make an account in that region and purchase it digitally. It's actually quite easy to fix it.

...but but I have to work so can't put in the same hours on a game as someone who doesn't.

Everyone who doesn't work should not be on the first achievers list..

OP reminds me of my kids fighting over everything damn little thing you give them to make sure one doesn't get more than the other. We should all just be happy we get the game to play in the first place.

Surprised there is little chat about how the game still isn't available digitally to anyone. Launched almost 18 hours ago here in the UK, not able to download and its 38gb apparently. Communication from NIS has been poor, just tweeting "available now!" when...well it isn't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

And this is why I shop digitally myself now, but if you choose to purchase a physical copy when digital is available, it's your choice to either pick it up or get it shipped. Whereas, I can't choose to play a game early.

Technically you often can. If you really want to go for the first achievers list then it's just a case of figuring out where people are getting their early copies from and getting your game from the same place. Sometimes that's buying digitally on a different region account in an earlier timezone, sometimes it's buying from a certain store that's known for releasing a little early. For the few games I have timestamps before release date on, I purchased multiple copies from different sources and chose where to purchase based on their rep for shipping copies early.

If it's a game series you really love and you really want to be one of the first to play it, then you'd do the same. And I don't see why someone who loves a series enough to purchase it multiple times to make sure they get it as early as possible, should be the type of person to remove from the first achievers?

18 hours ago, Kpppp-2B9SA2 said:

Still can't download the game thankfully I haven't finished cs3 but this annoying that I can't download the game I bought.

Apparently Sony fucked up the release and they say they're working on it but anyone who pre-ordered the digital release can't download the game right now. Anyone who buys the game now will have no problem.

Dollars to Donuts I bet it's because of the transition to the new store front.

Edited by majob

If you really want to get the first achiever that badly, there are hundreds of games out there where that's still possible. No need to bitch about people platting early due to getting review copies when there are plenty of other games out there ripe for the taking. Heck, if someone really put in some effort, they could get review copies too. I actually could've gotten a review code for this, but opted not to.

• Like 1