AnimeGamerWeeb

People that get trophies before release date

36 posts in this topic

Should not be able to be on the list of first achievers.  it's unfair and ruins the entire point. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not if someone gets a copy of the game 2 weeks before launch.  

Anyone with a timestamp before the OFFICIAL release date should be locked out of being in the top 50.  It's called being fair.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this will be changed. Going for the fastest achiever might be a better challenge. If that's what you're looking to get from those leaderboards.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Sounds more like you're just jealous that you couldn't get a review copy or beta test the game.  Guess what, stuff is unfair at times.  It also sucks that some games get released in some regions before others and have a single list.

 

Why would anyone be jealous that someone can review/beta test a game?  Who wants to play an unfinished version of a game?   

What is fair is.  getting the game on release day as it is intended. NOT 2 weeks or a month early.  

Perhaps it's my autism talking but i like things to do their job, which is not really a thing anymore since the internet has become infected with SJW and PC snowflakes.  Just add the internet as another thing mainstream people have ruined.  

RANT OVER. 

And off topic but.  Does anyone have their digital copy of CS IV working?  it will not allow me to download it even though i paid for it weeks ago. 

 

 

 

Edited by AnimeGamerWeeb
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being in the first 50 doesn't mean much to me. So I really don't worry about people getting trophies with a time stamp before the official release. As for banning these people from the first achiever list, I couldn't care less either way.

 

IMO, getting into the fastest 50 counts a lot more. Getting the game earlier doesn't give you an advantage there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

 

Why would anyone be jealous that someone can review/beta test a game?  Who wants to play an unfinished version of a game?   

What is fair is.  getting the game on release day as it is intended. NOT 2 weeks or a month early.

 

 

Except most people who have trophies now got them already because they received a review copy of the game or they may have been beta testers.  How else do you think that there are already reviews on the localization of this game?  And how do we already have an update for version 1.01?  Reviewers and beta testers, that's what.  It's not an unfinished version of the game.  They get a free copy in exchange for posting a review and/or testing to make sure nothing major broke when the English text and audio was inserted. 

 

The people who actually purchased the game are just getting their copies this week.  For example most of us who preordered LEs from NISA's store got our copies today.  Stores typically don't receive copies of the game a month or more before release.  Very few stores even will sell this game and most of those stores will not break street dates.  Stores that do so get penalized heavily for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

 

Except most people who have trophies now got them already because they received a review copy of the game or they may have been beta testers.  How else do you think that there are already reviews on the localization of this game?  And how do we already have an update for version 1.01?  Reviewers and beta testers, that's what.  It's not an unfinished version of the game.  They get a free copy in exchange for posting a review and/or testing to make sure nothing major broke when the English text and audio was inserted. 

 

The people who actually purchased the game are just getting their copies this week.  For example most of us who preordered LEs from NISA's store got our copies today.  Stores typically don't receive copies of the game a month or more before release.  Very few stores even will sell this game and most of those stores will not break street dates.  Stores that do so get penalized heavily for it.

Here i am still waiting for my digital version of CS IV to download since NIS America or Sony is incompetent 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/229684-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/79061797

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Just go for the fastest leaderboard. first achieved has no skill involved and is just a "hey cool" thing. 

 

Honestly, the fastest leaderboard doesn't really reflect skill, either, as it benefits people who play later.

 

There's no way to have an even playing field for either, so it's best to just not worry about it, IMHO.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter if everyone gets their game on release or not. The first achievers can change. Some of us have placed in the first ten completions or fastest completions for a brand new game. Anyone who has beaten the game before wether a review copy or whatever can still knock you out of the running. Just because when they finally can sync their trophies to the server they still have the date and time placed on them that they earned.

 

We see this alot with Ratalaika games as several people usually get early copies for them to review or produce trophy guides for.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Not if someone gets a copy of the game 2 weeks before launch.  

Anyone with a timestamp before the OFFICIAL release date should be locked out of being in the top 50.  It's called being fair.  

 

Why? Then they should make the whole system different. Crysis Remastered for example released almost a day after the US release in my country. someone already had plat when i went online and played it. They got it legit and i got it legit, but that wasnt fair, didnt even had the chance to be first.

 

Stop whine and dont care that much. Everything cant be fair all the time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Here i am still waiting for my digital version of CS IV to download since NIS America or Sony is incompetent 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/229684-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv/79061797

 

The game releases on 10/27.  Outside of big AAA releases it's not out there for a digital game to not be available right at midnight.  You'll get it soon enough.

 

Honestly this whole topic just sounds like you're jealous of people who got the game before you.  Games don't release at the same time in all regions and platforms.  Most games have review copies that go out early so the reviews are ready to go at release.  Some games I've played were released in Japan a month or more before the NA release and have a worldwide list.  Be glad NA and EU have their own stacks so at least you don't have people who have had the game for 2+ years ahead of you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After this logic everyone in NA etc. shouldnt be in the first achiever list of any ps5 start title since the ps5 Release earlier as in the EU. I think if we start with this discussion someone will always find a way that something is unfair.

 

Or if someone find as first one a glitch in a game and can platin with this a game much quicker as anyone else

Edited by Inuty
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True trophy hunting competition extends to the real world.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so your saying anyone who plays demon souls on the 12th from the US should be banned from the leaderboard, just because EU players wont have access till the 19th?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with the OP, I do think anyone that pops a trophy before an official street date in their region should not appear on the first achiever's list.

 

everyone should be on an equal playing field when it comes to things like this. for example, https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8127-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/1-living-legend

I am 14 on the list on this one and a few people ahead of me got the game much earlier than me, it completely defeats the point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I have to agree with the OP, I do think anyone that pops a trophy before an official street date in their region should not appear on the first achiever's list.

 

everyone should be on an equal playing field when it comes to things like this. for example, https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8127-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/1-living-legend

I am 14 on the list on this one and a few people ahead of me got the game much earlier than me, it completely defeats the point.

That would be pointless too because people who buy digital versions will be an extra 12 hours roughly ahead as they can play the game at midnight which is punishing physical owners. Ultimately first achiever will never be fair for the majority of games, there is always one person who will get it early.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kreivok said:

That would be pointless too because people who buy digital versions will be an extra 12 hours roughly ahead as they can play the game at midnight which is punishing physical owners. Ultimately first achiever will never be fair for the majority of games, there is always one person who will get it early.

Idk, I've gone to plenty of midnight releases for games and it only takes a few minutes to pick the game up and get back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Idk, I've gone to plenty of midnight releases for games and it only takes a few minutes to pick the game up and get back.

Each to their own I guess. If I want a game that badly at midnight I will just save myself the hassle and get it digital.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Idk, I've gone to plenty of midnight releases for games and it only takes a few minutes to pick the game up and get back.

And how are you going to account for different launch dates in different countries? If a game shares a single list WW, then it can be out days earlier in one region. In fact, with a lot of localized games from Japan, they may have it months or years earlier than EU/NA.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.