How to Access the Old PS Store (PS3, PS4, Vita & PSP)

Maxie_M0us3

Well, looks like it's the end. I managed to generate a list on PSDLE last morning. However, several pieces of information were already missing, like the descriptions of items (in fact the resulting file was smaller)

Meh, at least i have something i could use to scroll through my PS3/Vita content for the time being.

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

The system stores still both work. The rumor was about killing the old web store.

The rumor... about killing the old web store...? LMAO the old web store was supposed to be dead months ago! And everyone received a certain email...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

The rumor... about killing the old web store...? LMAO the old web store was supposed to be dead months ago! And everyone received a certain email...

Yep so the big whole deal about sony ending all legacy support just turned out to be the last remnants of the webstore being killed. If they were going to do something that major we would have heard baout it at the start of the month considering that they gave august as the date that all movies get taken off the service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Yep so the big whole deal about sony ending all legacy support just turned out to be the last remnants of the webstore being killed. If they were going to do something that major we would have heard baout it at the start of the month considering that they gave august as the date that all movies get taken off the service.

If only they fixed the console store apps. Not all games appear there. Certain games are being sold but nobody can buy them now! It's like a "forced" delisting.

Edited by Lance_87

My PS3 store on the console looks like it still works but it does not let me actually buy anything or add to cart.  So right now I'm totally screwed.  I just want to buy the DLC stuff that I'm missing and I can't even do that right now.

The AU link takes me to the new store. R.I.P.

If Sony is planning to make an announcement regarding the future of their Legacy Platforms, can they just get it over with? I'm sick of waiting for official information on all this bullshit.

• Like 2

Damn. While there'd been occasional "glitches" and outages of the old PSN store pages, they'd always come back up. Now that they're redirecting to the new store it seems they're gone for good.

Glad that I made my list of everything on my wishlist earlier today after days of frequent "access denied" pages, but it really sucks trying to navigate the PS3 webstore. I especially don't look forward to trying to get the last few JP PS3 games I was interested in getting. While the new store has finally added a wishlist for PS4/PS5 stuff, at this point I think I'll still stick more with psprices.com, since I can also get quick updates on when stuff I want is on sale and see how good of a deal it is compared to past sales.

16 minutes ago, Kurt_Dog said:

My PS3 store on the console looks like it still works but it does not let me actually buy anything or add to cart.  So right now I'm totally screwed.  I just want to buy the DLC stuff that I'm missing and I can't even do that right now.

Now I really don't think Sony would close the PS3's store without any heads up, but this still worries me a lot. I can't currently use my PS3 until the replacement power cord I ordered comes in. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eternalblue_8 said:

Damn. While there'd been occasional "glitches" and outages of the old PSN store pages, they'd always come back up. Now that they're redirecting to the new store it seems they're gone for good.

Glad that I made my list of everything on my wishlist earlier today after days of frequent "access denied" pages, but it really sucks trying to navigate the PS3 webstore. I especially don't look forward to trying to get the last few JP PS3 games I was interested in getting. While the new store has finally added a wishlist for PS4/PS5 stuff, at this point I think I'll still stick more with psprices.com, since I can also get quick updates on when stuff I want is on sale and see how good of a deal it is compared to past sales.

Now I really don't think Sony would close the PS3's store without any heads up, but this still worries me a lot. I can't currently use my PS3 until the replacement power cord I ordered comes in. 

You can use PS4 power cord on PS3. PS2 power cords work too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

You can use PS4 power cord on PS3. PS2 power cords work too.

I have a PS4 Pro and PS2 slim, neither of which use the kind of power cord I need for my model 3 PS3. I was sure I had an extra from regular PS4 at one time, but since it's the same kind used for printers and other things, I think a family member probably took it to use with something else.

Well, I gave in and am using a Vita power cord despite the fact that it is incredibly too short. I'm happy I'll have a longer cord coming in.

Edited by eternalblue_8
Using a Vita power cord for the time being.

3 hours ago, Kurt_Dog said:

Is the buy button just missing? Because if thats what it is, just press x anyways. The button is there, just invisible.

17 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Is the buy button just missing? Because if thats what it is, just press x anyways. The button is there, just invisible.

Oh thank you so much for that clarification.  I literally have not used the store app on the actual console for like years.  I thought it was down too.  Although it is horrible to use, at least I have a chance to get some DLC before it is too late.  Really wish the website was still an option.

2 hours ago, eternalblue_8 said:

I have a PS4 Pro and PS2 slim, neither of which use the kind of power cord I need for my model 3 PS3.

The same power cable from a PC tower or monitor should work if it's not the slim 2-terminal cable the PS3 slim/PS4 slim use.

3 hours ago, Stratege said:

Looks like they close old web version due to yesterday's bug that allow to buy Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - Deluxe for 10$ via PS5 upgrade program.

This bug was only in old web store? If it's just something going wrong while upgrading to ps5 version (which is possible only from ps5 store) I don't see how it's related

Edited by KingSkovald