Only with Miles Morales?

I believe that you can purchase it at any time as long as you have Miles Morales installed and apparently once you've purchased the game it becomes a digital version that doesn't require a disc to play (though obviously Miles Morales would still require the disc to play). So if you can find a retailer who has a returns policy to return opened games you could buy Miles Morales, install it to buy this game then return it and you'd only have to pay for this game.

Edited by AusLeviathan

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t know if suggesting outright retail fraud is the best thing to suggest others do. 

It’s not fraud. lol unless you buy new, then rewrap it or something. 

buy used, put in PS5, buy Remaster, return Miles which you never wanted. They’re out literally nothing at all. It’s not like it comes with a code for a free game, it just locks the purchase of Remaster unless you have Miles. Which is stupid. 

29 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t know if suggesting outright retail fraud is the best thing to suggest others do. 

It's not retail fraud, there are retailers who allow you to buy games to try and it and return it within a certain time frame if you change your mind. I know of one with over a hundred stores here which gives you seven days to return games.

If there's a way to buy this game without paying for Miles Morales that doesn't break any rules and you're not interesting in paying for Miles Morales at the moment then I don't see any issue.

If you know someone who has bought the game you could also ask them to let you log in on their PS5 so that you can buy this game or ask them to bring the game over to your PS5 so you can do the same thing. There's a few legit options available for people who don't want to pay the full price for Miles Morales at the moment.

Edited by AusLeviathan

10 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

It's not retail fraud, there are retailers who allow you to buy games to try and it and return it within a certain time frame if you change your mind. I know of one with over a hundred stores here which gives you seven days to return games.

If there's a way to buy this game without paying for Miles Morales that doesn't break any rules and you're not interesting in paying for Miles Morales at the moment then I don't see any issue.

If you know someone who has bought the game you could also ask them to let you log in on their PS5 so that you can buy this game or ask them to bring the game over to your PS5 so you can do the same thing. There's a few legit options available for people who don't want to pay the full price for Miles Morales at the moment.

Walmart has a 7 day return policy on pretty much anything, I even brought my first PSVR back when I wasnt doing so well financially and they basically just asked why and gave me my cash back right there.  And PSVR isn't supposed to be returnable whatsoever.

Could anyone who already owns the Miles Morales Standard Edition for PS5 please confirm the following? Are you really able to buy the PS5-remaster of the original game just by having it installed on the console? If so, what is the price? Could you provide a screenshot of the proccess/listing? I'm asking because I've already bought the Miles Morales Standard Edition for PS5, but don't want to miss out on the remaster if I still feel like it after finishing the new game.

Hey. I can confirm. On the menu is a button prompt it says something like Press :square: to upgrade on the bottom of the screen. Out of the way so it's not obnoxious if you don't want to upgrade. When you press that, it takes you to the PSN store. It costs $20 for the upgrade in the USA. Even if you have physical Miles Morales, the Remaster is digital. You can launch it without the Miles Morales disc in the console. 

I'd screenshot it but the prompt goes away even on other profiles on the console. In general, the PS5 is more aware of the content sharing on the system. Like if one profile has PS Now. Any profile on the system can just go use it now. On PS4, you'd have to initiate a PSnow download from the subbed account, then other profiles on the same console could use it after it was downloaded.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Hey. I can confirm. On the menu is a button prompt it says something like Press :square: to upgrade on the bottom of the screen. Out of the way so it's not obnoxious if you don't want to upgrade. When you press that, it takes you to the PSN store. It costs $20 for the upgrade in the USA. Even if you have physical Miles Morales, the Remaster is digital. You can launch it without the Miles Morales disc in the console. 

I'd screenshot it but the prompt goes away even on other profiles on the console. In general, the PS5 is more aware of the content sharing on the system. Like if one profile has PS Now. Any profile on the system can just go use it now. On PS4, you'd have to initiate a PSnow download from the subbed account, then other profiles on the same console could use it after it was downloaded.

Thank you so much!

On 11/23/2020 at 4:26 PM, WestboundHero said:

Select to start a new game, choose a difficulty, and then on the next settings menu, and there is an option to press R1 and then purchase the remaster. It's poorly displayed, but it is there. 

Where exactly? 

There is no such option and i went into the accessibility menu as well..

Edited by shlomaniac

On 11/19/2020 at 8:54 AM, Spacey Dweeb said:

Did you do it in miles morales? Because i cant find it? Please tell. Ty