Overdesign II

Still not even sure what enemies count. If it’s the ‘Standard Bearer’ enemies then the gates of Lincoln are a good place as there are 3 gates each with two of these enemies. However, it’s extremely difficult to try and kite them together as they just love to stand still and lob spears at you instead of run after you. You also have to whittle down their health to a small amount to make them one or two hits from death when you’re on fire, and THEN find a torch or brazier to sit in and hope their spears don’t knock you out of it. 

I also killed 3 of them (after an hour or more of trying to get them in a bunch) with one ability and no trophy, then by killing them with arrows and no trophy. Doesn’t help you’re not in fire for very long, even after removing all my Fire and Fire Resistance skills in the skill tree.

If Hard enemies are regular enemies with the red skull then that doesn’t work either. Seems likely it’s Standard Bearer though as they throw fire bombs at you (although you rent on fire nearly long enough to be able to kill 3).

Only thing left to try is go back to Lincoln on an earlier save or reset all skills to be Level 1 so that they are both hard (red skull) and have shields.

Absolutely stupid, idiotic trophy.

Edited by Darth_Krid

7 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Looks like there’s finally a few earners! Anyone kind enough to share how they got it?

I asked Dennis_135246 how he got it, and using his tips I managed to obtain the trophy. I got it by going to Hamtunscire, the bottom left View Point (Its a town called Werham). I dropped my power level to 300 so that the enemies show as Red. I then rounded up 3 of the Standard Bearers in the town and whittled them down to nearly dead. Set myself on fire by standing in the fire left over from one of their fire bombs hitting me and finished them off one after another.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ItsHuzu said:

I asked Dennis_135246 how he got it, and using his tips I managed to obtain the trophy. I got it by going to Hamtunscire, the bottom left View Point (Its a town called Werham). I dropped my power level to 300 so that the enemies show as Red. I then rounded up 3 of the Standard Bearers in the town and whittled them down to nearly dead. Set myself on fire by standing in the fire left over from one of their fire bombs hitting me and finished them off one after another.

Oh great, that sounds like a huge pain lol. Did you not find that you didn’t stay on fire long enough to kill 3 of them?

27 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Oh great, that sounds like a huge pain lol. Did you not find that you didn’t stay on fire long enough to kill 3 of them?

You dont have to kill all of them at once. Let the fire build up and then kill 1, build it up again and kill another. As long as you dont drop combat, are on fire when you kill 1 and eventually kill all 3 Standard Bearers, it should pop. I had my initial ignite drop after killing 2 and built it back up for the 3rd and still got it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ItsHuzu said:

You dont have to kill all of them at once. Let the fire build up and then kill 1, build it up again and kill another. As long as you dont drop combat, are on fire when you kill 1 and eventually kill all 3 Standard Bearers, it should pop. I had my initial ignite drop after killing 2 and built it back up for the 3rd and still got it.

So after getting about 6 of them down to no health, standing on a burning roof and killing them with arrows while level 237, is there anything else I'm doing wrong? So fucked off beyond belief with this trophy.

5 hours ago, ItsHuzu said:

Did you avoid using the fire resistant buffs on the skill web or was it better to use them? 

On 14/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, DFuzed said:

Did you avoid using the fire resistant buffs on the skill web or was it better to use them? 

no it dose not mater you can heal or roll to put it out pretty quickly. Also you can use the dive of the valkyries ability to killy them

On 13/11/2020 at 0:13 PM, locoporkko said:

I believe that isnt necessarry defeat enemies with red skull because they are more tough to kill

as long as it is a red diamond difficulty it counts 

7 hours ago, Dennis_135246 said:

no it dose not mater you can heal or roll to put it out pretty quickly. Also you can use the dive of the valkyries ability to killy them

as long as it is a red diamond difficulty it counts 

Yes,because is more easy that defeat an enemy 100 levels more than you 

• Like 1

So, I finally got it.After more than 100 attempts and 3 hours. Trophy NOT Buggy, but there is one required condition, that no one said, fire must be stranger, YOU CAN NOT set yourself on fire. Fire must be obtained from the bombs that the guards throw and only so. This is the most important condition, the rest does not matter. I tried a lot, I was even able to kill three shield bearers at the same time, 1 hit, while being in my own fire, but nothing worked.and when the fire was not mine, everything worked out on the first try. Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, Winnie-Pooher said:

So, I finally got it.After more than 100 attempts and 3 hours. Trophy NOT Buggy, but there is one required condition, that no one said, fire must be stranger, YOU CAN NOT set yourself on fire. Fire must be obtained from the bombs that the guards throw and only so. This is the most important condition, the rest does not matter. I tried a lot, I was even able to kill three shield bearers at the same time, 1 hit, while being in my own fire, but nothing worked.and when the fire was not mine, everything worked out on the first try. Sorry for my bad English.

You can set you self on fire that is how I did it as well as other people. You don't need to kill 3 of them at the same time with the same fire. you can set you self on fire kill one then put out the fire then repeat this 2 more time, as long as it is in the same fight and you don't lose them

• Like 1

Here's one way of doing it, combining Powerpyx's mentioned method:

-Get to Werham in Hamtunscire

-set game to easy and get your level to 260 or something, until you see the red stuff

-gather round 3 standard bearers and deplete their lives(don't kill them though)

-as you enter the front gate on the left there's some hay + a hay stack(a rectangular shape). Set that thing on fire and stand near the hay stack. That thing will burn for a long time so the fire will persist and you will continuously be on fire as long as you stand in that spot.

-use your bow and aim for the weak spots (glowing parts of the standard bearer's body)

-eventually, you could return the spears they throw at you with L1 (requires a skill) or shoot one archer that's on the roof across the hay.

If the fire goes away, you have another spot abit to the left where you can set that thing on fire.

Took me like 5 minutes once I figured out that the hay stack stays on fire.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Here's one way of doing it, combining Powerpyx's mentioned method:

-Get to Werham in Hamtunscire

-set game to easy and get your level to 260 or something, until you see the red stuff

-gather round 3 standard bearers and deplete their lives(don't kill them though)

-as you enter the front gate on the left there's some hay + a hay stack(a rectangular shape). Set that thing on fire and stand near the hay stack. That thing will burn for a long time so the fire will persist and you will continuously be on fire as long as you stand in that spot.

-use your bow and aim for the weak spots (glowing parts of the standard bearer's body)

-eventually, you could return the spears they throw at you with L1 (requires a skill) or shoot one archer that's on the roof across the hay.

If the fire goes away, you have another spot abit to the left where you can set that thing on fire.

Took me like 5 minutes once I figured out that the hay stack stays on fire.

I tried this method so many times but it didn't work for me :( It's definitely a viable method, but I could never get the balance right. In the end I pulled the two guards at the entrance and used an arrow to snag the guard by the nearby church to maintain aggro from all three. Then let them lob fire bombs at me to ignite me. Then from there just made sure that I was throwing their spears back at them while on fire. If I went out, i'd just take the hits till I got firebombed again, then back to throwing their projectiles at them.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

9 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I tried this method so many times but it didn't work for me :( It's definitely a viable method, but I could never get the balance right. In the end I pulled the two guards at the entrance and used an arrow to snag the guard by the nearby church to maintain aggro from all three. Then let them lob fire bombs at me to ignite me. Then from there just made sure that I was throwing their spears back at them while on fire. If I went out, i'd just take the hits till I got firebombed again, then back to throwing their projectiles at them.

Yeah, just standing in the regular hay on the ground doesn't do crap, it just lightly sets you up on fire then it fizzles. The rectangular hay shape is the key. The standard bearers threw only one fire bomb at me, the aggro was abysmal xD 

• Like 1

What i did is lower my level until the enemy was showing a red skull and then proceeded along the roads to fight the enemies theris usually 3 weak enemies with the shield guy carrying a flag , take out low enemies then lower health then back off and wait till he throws a firebomb at you , catch on fire kill with 1 or 2 shots with bow rinse and repeat 3 times i was around power level 128 and not even half done game

Actually, this trophy is one of the easiest in this game, I've done it in 10 minutes and it was done when I have finished my game, story and I was, or I'm lvl 400 and 70 more master lvl .....

all what you have to do is ..... reset your power stats, or unselect, whatever you want, put it on lvl 299 and travel to location with suggested lvl 340. Find guard at the gate, with standard, huge guy with big shield, kill his companions, weaken himself, get on the roof of the house, set it on fire and wait until your circle of fire will be completly red, small icon in the left corner, wait until he will throw some spare on you, with proper raven skill you can throw it right back, do this 3 times and done ..... easy.

ENJOY ;)

P.S. - fishing ubi challenge is real pain in the as.......... that trophy above .... is piece of cake ;)

Edited by Midian79SVK

Go ontop of one of the buildings with a hay roof and set that on fire. I'm the 23rd platinum achiever says this site and I used powerpyx's guide for location but instead I lit the roof on fire and jumped up and threw their spears back when I could in between shooting them with arrows. Got it first try. It actually kind of felt like a bogus trophy for me kind of like out of the way and something I had to stand around and wait to do? While everything else I was running around and actively doing something in the game as opposed to sitting and waiting? Idk just my thoughts on that there but yea light a roof on fire shoot arrows at them and throw spears back really easy. My only problem was fishing ahahah those little guys never spawned right.

• 2 weeks later...