Hell Of A Sheriff

Shmeefly

I dont get what all the fuss is about, it wasnt that difficult i did it 3rd attempt, you get 3 heals, a rocket launcher with 2 shots and if you shoot the explosive tank zombies in their torso to make sure they drop the tank you get like 5 opportunities to take out half the store with 1 pistol round, i used both my rockets around 70-80 or so, when i was overrun with pale-heads and a lot of heavily armoured zombies, then used the flamethrower from then to clear house, and a few spark shots for whenever more pale-heads showed, first half you can basically camp by the counter opposite the entrance and headshot everything as they come through the doors, keep 1 alive before the next spawn in so you can take a minute to reset yourself and double check where the weapons are that you might need, flamethrower is king towards the end, you get 2 of them plus an extra tank of fuel so dont be too worried about using it, at the same time dont hammer it all away tho, unless you can see heads everywhere, i get its close quarters with a horde but the horde is broken up into sections so its not too bad at all

Side note, the 4th survivor as Hunk is so good, even the soundtrack, a good way to wrap up the platinum 

• Like 3

Yeah, it's not particularly challenging if you've already put hours into various "The Mercenaries" modes in previous RE games. The tight confines of the convenience store is the only difficulty, but backpack zombies drop enough RGB herbs to let you tank damage through the difficult waves near the end, while the flamethrower and rocket launcher makes short work of them. I would have enjoyed it much more if the map were less constrained, letting you go outside, and climb onto the roof or what have you. Perhaps they could've incorporated more enemy types, too.

As for 4th Survivor, I beat it on the second go by mimicking the world record speedrun video. It's pretty fun, despite the random nature of getting hit or grabbed by enemies. Sometimes, you can jog right past dogs, groups of zombies, and G-Adults; on other attempts, you get totally mauled. I'd like to mess with it some more, until I get a cleaner run.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I find it is not too bad, except for the moment with all the poison A-Gear (40-50 kills area) zombies. All you got are close range/one-hit weapon which is not the best in a group of that kind of zombie. If you managed to keep one of the fuel tanks around then that is your best option, yet I am not that lucky with those tanks. xD 

I notice that it is mostly set in stone what comes when, albeit it slightly changes between the first two doors both got a zombie. 

Edited by AquaNSky
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/01/2021 at 1:05 AM, Shmeefly said:

flamethrower is king towards the end, you get 2 of them plus an extra tank of fuel so don't be too worried about using it, at the same time dont hammer it all away tho, unless you can see heads everywhere, i get its close quarters with a horde but the horde is broken up into sections so its not too bad at all.

How exactly does the flamethrower work effectively? It doesn't stagger Zombies like most weapons so if a group is coming towards you it won't slow them down and it feels like a slow burn damage-wise. Also do you need to maintain line of sight with the Spark Shot, I saw in a video that someone continued to use it whilst strafing behind an aisle. I had no idea it worked like that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

How exactly does the flamethrower work effectively? It doesn't stagger Zombies like most weapons so if a group is coming towards you it won't slow them down and it feels like a slow burn damage-wise. Also do you need to maintain line of sight with the Spark Shot, I saw in a video that someone continued to use it whilst strafing behind an aisle. I had no idea it worked like that.

For me, the flamethrower just kept them at bay and let me back up a bit without having to sacrifice better ammo. I'm not sure it was particularly better as far as damage was concerned, but it certainly helped!

I definitely recommend keeping sight with the spark shot. Maybe you can do it from behind an aisle, but I've wasted so many spark shots that I can't in good conscience tell you to be frivolous about it. Play it safe unless you have confirmation!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

For me, the flamethrower just kept them at bay and let me back up a bit without having to sacrifice better ammo. I'm not sure it was particularly better as far as damage was concerned, but it certainly helped!

I definitely recommend keeping sight with the spark shot. Maybe you can do it from behind an aisle, but I've wasted so many spark shots that I can't in good conscience tell you to be frivolous about it. Play it safe unless you have confirmation!

I don't know how but I just did it. I would have been killed if I had missed that shot on the explosive zombie. 15:01 Minutes.

• Like 3

The flamethrower is great towards the closing stages when getting overrun, its got great dps considering you dont have to waste time aiming in between armor plating, and it can take a group bunched up in seconds, and when all 3 isles are filled with zombies and you need to make a route for yourself, nothing is better, well apart from the 2 rockets you get but they need to be strategically used even more that the flamethrower, very doable, only played the mode about 6 times, did it for myself 2nd run and for a friend within 4 attempts, its cqc so its tense ofc but its generous, you get more than enough of what you need to clear the horde, its all about knowing when to use it, and when to move or make a stand, if i remember correctly you get 3 heals as well as 2 poison recovery herbs too, grats on earning your trophy though @bikeman223

On 24/02/2021 at 0:59 AM, BlitzkriegHottie said:

I mean, it's a super popular game yet none of the DLC trophies are ultra rare. 

It is the hardest thing the game has to offer, sure, but that's not saying much. 

For instance, the Parkour Fever trophies from Dying Light are noticeably harder than this. 

They aren’t that rare - but remember - the actual rarity of Hell of a Sheriff is around 7.13% - its just that this site doesn’t use the real rarities for DLC, it just makes them up.

There is a peculiar formula used that is supposed to make the rarities of dlc ‘feel right’, because the site thinks not everyone who has the game will have the DLC - but in this case, it isn’t really relevant, since the DLC was free, so everyone who has the game also has the DLC

Edited by DrBloodmoney

• 7 months later...

This is just an annoying trophy to say the least. I made it to waves 40+ in my first few attempts; although, I did manage to get 61 kills during one attempt. Being that this is my last trophy, it seems annoying to have a good run throughout the main course of the game, then it fall apart by a single horde mode (if you wanna call it that), but this is without a guide; all-in-all, it really just boils down to luck in the end.

Edited by x410xDragon
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

This is just an annoying trophy to say the least. I made it to waves 40+ in my first few attempts; although, I did manage to get 61 kills during one attempt. Being that this is my last trophy, it seems annoying to have a good run throughout the main course of the game, then it fall apart by a single horde mode (if you wanna call it that), but this is without a guide; all-in-all, it really just boils down to luck in the end.

Luck definitely plays a big factor in the weapon drops you get. But iirc the waves are all exactly the same, so skill and knowledge of the waves plays an equal factor as well.

Generally you want to use your pistol as much as possible, followed by lower tiered weapons like the shotgun. Try to move around the aisles strategically to keep distance between enemies and yourself (including using that back counter), and to clump up enemies together for certain weapons. Use the flame thrower for crowd control and to light big clumps of enemies on fire when you can. Leg shots are often more effective than head shots and will temporarily immobilize your enemy and buy you time to reposition yourself. The spark shot is best used on the white zombies or heavily armoured zombies.

Also save your rockets as long as you can. As soon as you find yourself getting completely and hopelessly overrun, launch a rocket at the middle of the roof and it will kill everything in the whole store. This is crucial to pick your moments wisely, as you can easily get like 10+ kills in one go if used correctly.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Luck definitely plays a big factor in the weapon drops you get. But iirc the waves are all exactly the same, so skill and knowledge of the waves plays an equal factor as well.

Generally you want to use your pistol as much as possible, followed by lower tiered weapons like the shotgun. Try to move around the aisles strategically to keep distance between enemies and yourself (including using that back counter), and to clump up enemies together for certain weapons. Use the flame thrower for crowd control and to light big clumps of enemies on fire when you can. Leg shots are often more effective than head shots and will temporarily immobilize your enemy and buy you time to reposition yourself. The spark shot is best used on the white zombies or heavily armoured zombies.

Also save your rockets as long as you can. As soon as you find yourself getting completely and hopelessly overrun, launch a rocket at the middle of the roof and it will kill everything in the whole store. This is crucial to pick your moments wisely, as you can easily get like 10+ kills in one go if used correctly.

Finally managed to get it. Thanks again for this along with the other tips in this thread as it helped a lot. Glad this is done. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Typo.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was really dreading this trophy after hearing about how some have struggled hard against it and how some dropped the game because of it. It took me 7/8 attempts which surprised me, I thought I’d be stuck on it for ages, although I had watched a guide video and knew the tricks (using the full spark shot charge to clear the pale zombies, shooting at the ceiling with the rocket launcher to clear more). Last few were a nightmare as I was poisoned and only had the pistol left but scraped by….Also the flamethrower sucks! It doesn’t stop them coming at you, they still grab you while on fire.

Edited by aceinstincts

• 6 months later...
26 minutes ago, SarcalogosVermis said:

Just starting this challenge, but oh man I'm already irritated by the fact you can't pause to quit out/restart the run the moment a zombie grabs you. You have to let the damage animation play out before you can bring up the menu.

Been a while since I did it but you can tank a good few hits throughout the run, you get 3 herbs and way more than enough ammo if you use it and the explosive tanks strategically

1 minute ago, Shmeefly said:

Been a while since I did it but you can tank a good few hits throughout the run, you get 3 herbs and way more than enough ammo if you use it and the explosive tanks strategically

Yeah, in fact some of the strategies I've seen encourage allowing backpack/explosive canister zombies to catch you at certain times - they immediately drop what they're carrying and it effectively groups zombies together for easy group kills. But when a zombie catches up to me in the first wave because I'm failing to land head shots consistently with the handgun - well, at that point I want to restart! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

They aren’t that rare - but remember - the actual rarity of Hell of a Sheriff is around 7.13% - its just that this site doesn’t use the real rarities for DLC, it just makes them up.

There is a peculiar formula used that is supposed to make the rarities of dlc ‘feel right’, because the site thinks not everyone who has the game will have the DLC - but in this case, it isn’t really relevant, since the DLC was free, so everyone who has the game also has the DLC

I believe it's a compromise between dlc owner to achievement % and total game owner to %.

I really think it should be done like how it is originally like in PSN (total game owner to%), but I can accept the status quo.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this trophy yesterday with 63 handgun bullets fired - just three shots over the requirement for the cat ears accessory! ? I'll give it a go another time, I'm putting this non-trophy challenge to rest for the time being.

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest problem with this mode is the inconsistency between runs of the times when zombies break into the shop. Sometimes they're banging on the doors for ages before they come in, other times they burst in with no warning at all. I've had a number of runs ruined because I'd positioned myself in such a way as to immediately take down zombies I know will be entering the room, only for the other door to go and the zombies entering from that point catching up to me and forcing me to relocate, scuppering my tactics.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Alondate31 said:

I randomly got 90 kills on my second attempt and now I can't get past 70 kills :/  This and RE Village Mercenaries give me so much trouble.

Only the factory gave me trouble in the re8 mercenaries mode, can’t say I’m the biggest merc fan, I’d rather the devs put all the time and effort into more story content over this mode, it’s ok though..

side note by the way, where can I sign the petition to have capcom patch in a platinum for RE: Verse lol, waited ages to give that a shot when I got the CE, n I was bummed out when it didn’t get a plat after all this wait 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, VSBroN87 said:

Still can't get it after 4 years

I'm just bad at this...

If someone willing to help via remote play, for me to finally end this game, I will be forever grateful

Maybe won't help of its been 4 years, but worth a shot

I recommend this 1 as its likely quite unlike any others you have watched. So I will tell you exactly what comes from what door and when, I dont limit myself to 60 Handgun shots and I actually INTENTIONALLY take damage at a few points. This is what makes this unusual, so where all guides will just rely on RNG and try to perform crazy dodges, when we get to those spots, I just have heals ready and just tank damage until everything is where we want it, then we move away and !BAM! pretty much.

An example is say a guide is telling you to horde the zombies around a gas tank, only its very hard to do so while avoiding damage right. Well we just pop a red/blue mix, then just stand at the gas tank and just take damage there to horde the enemies around it, much easier right! Then you just move away and shoot!

It may not help, but sounds like you may have watched all the videos out there which are all quite similar, so this unusual approach may be what you need (assuming you havent watched it already).

Good luck ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2