RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

7 hours ago, acasser said:

I would suggest this as well:  When in doubt, just pop into this thread and ask for confirmation.

The only one of those six that I've played is Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning, which I completed during the 2020 event.  That's absolutely an RPG.  But I'd also suggest keeping backup saves as you go while doing that one because the re-master is a truly authenic port.  Which means the bugs remained intact and that can cause you a problem (or three) with certain trophies if you get the wrong glitch at the wrong time.

Ok thank you guys. :)

For Maneater PSN says it is an RPG and PSTrophies calls RPG as Subgenre. On Truetrophies it is just Action. So it is 2 for 1 for RPG and this way it counts for this event?!?

Update:

Scoring has been finalised and will be in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Platinum scoring would be a base of 100 + trophies - Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins. 

0-10%: -0 points 

11-30%: -10 points 

31-50% -15 points 

61-80% -20 points 

81% +   -25 points

Bronze = 1pt
Silver = 2pts
Gold = 6pts

Adventures of Mana  100 base score + 68 trophy points - 26.01 completion rarity - 0 completion negation = 141.99 points scored 

Non Plat scoring base of 75 + trophies - completion rarity - percent already completed. 

DLC will be counted separately from the main game. Each DLC will be counted per trophy that has been earned after the event starts, with each trophy having a flat score per type of trophy. 
Bronze trophies are worth 1 point, silver trophies are worth 2 points and gold trophies are worth 6 points. 

Bonuses: 

There are ways to really gain an edge and yes bonuses are added together to make good combo. 

Double point game - You are allowed two, and you are allowed one swap of each during the event. Declare them before or on the 1st of Feb. 

Triple point game - There is one triple point game. Declare it at the same time, it cannot though be in the previous category, and it can be changed once.   

Most Wanted: 
I have a list of the most notorious RPG’s around and I’m calling on YOU to help me tame them and lock them up in the vault for good. These games will require lots of effort and time to complete and you should be rewarded for completing these. Each game on this list has a 5x bonus for beating it into submission. These cannot be used as Double or Triple Point Games.

Series Stacker: 
A game in a series of more than 3 games is worth an increasing amount of points with each game you complete in the related series and that counts as an RPG.

Example:
Kingdom Hearts 1: No bonus
Kingdom Hearts 2: 25 point bonus
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories: 50 point bonus
Kingdom Hearts BBS: 75 point bonus

Kingdom Hearts 3 100 point bonus
Etc until there are no games left that count as RPG’s in that series.

New game bonus - 50 point bonus for a new game beaten within 30 days of being released. 

Speed Run bonus – If completing a game within the top 10% a bonus of 50 points can be added. If there are less than 200 completions of the game in question, for the point bonus to be added, the time must be in the top 25 completions.

Call Out Bonus: A competitor will choose a played or unplayed game from your backlog to complete. This will be another x3 opportunity. 
You may only call out one other person who is competing and only call out games that can be seen on their backlog.

Most Wanted games have been added to the OP and are locked in.

@Warpedsavior I'm sorry I haven't messaged to do with the time bonus, a lot has happened in such a short amount of time IRL, tis a bit late to be amending the bonuses but hopefully it will still be fun.

All Competitors have been added and I'm just waiting on @kingofbattle8174 and @TenebraZero for their Double and Triple point games. I don't think anyone has got a Most Wanted game for their Triple or Double point game, but I will check.

Sign Ups have closed and we have our pool of competitors! Good Luck to everyone competing, hopefully I will have something to reward you all for competing this year.

Out of curiousity, what is everyone playing at the moment?

• Like 2

Well I did not want to do this update as I had 80% finished but the last part was a big grind so I guess it still counts so why not get my list going;

Update:
Genshin Impact
75+ 6 -2.79 -20 = 58.21

On 10/02/2021 at 0:16 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I have started playing Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, I rather enjoyed the original when it was released so why not I thought.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm working on finishing up Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded.  It's aggravating me, but not quite as much as the commentary chatter from the Deadpool table of Zen Pinball 2 (which I've gone back to).  Speaking of TGWR, a question I'd like to get clarification on:

There are a total of 17 people tracked by PSNP who have 100% on this game.  Is it even possible for me to get a Speed Run bonus for this title?  The verbiage above reads as follows: "If there are less than 200 completions of the game in question, for the point bonus to be added, the time must be in the top 25 completions."  Now, I'm pretty much guaranteed to make it into the Top 25, but I'm probably going to land somewhere between 8th and 12th.  (Not in the top 25% of so of finishers.)

15 minutes ago, acasser said:

There are a total of 17 people tracked by PSNP who have 100% on this game.  Is it even possible for me to get a Speed Run bonus for this title?  The verbiage above reads as follows: "If there are less than 200 completions of the game in question, for the point bonus to be added, the time must be in the top 25 completions."  Now, I'm pretty much guaranteed to make it into the Top 25, but I'm probably going to land somewhere between 8th and 12th.  (Not in the top 25% of so of finishers.)

Well, if you are going to be in the top 25 regardless, then it will count for the speed run bonus. I don't see why you should be not allowed considering there aren't 25 completions yet.

@AlterArchuria I call out on Yakuza 0 you have in your backlog, @AppleKratue i call out on Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and @fisty123 i call out on Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Btw is there any limit on how many ppl i can chose for call out bonus? If its only one person then fisty is the one got my callout games

Edited by Laburnski
Changing AlterArchuria's
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4, Already done the story and got A Rank on all story missions. Are now working on getting A Rank on the Skirmishes I have left.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

On my own I'm rushing through Ghost of Tsushima because the open-world hammer strikes again.... -_- No idea what will be next on my solo-plate. I'll have to wait for my birthday to see if there will be options I'll prefer, I don't want to commit into regret :P

With my girlfriend around we're playing Tales of Zestiria and Valkyria Chronicles 4. Makes for two nice swappable options because they are so different.

Edited by Jens
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

@Warpedsavior I'm sorry I haven't messaged to do with the time bonus, a lot has happened in such a short amount of time IRL, tis a bit late to be amending the bonuses but hopefully it will still be fun.

Well the other RPGmanias didn't have time bonuses so I can live without them.

As for what I'm currently playing. I'm currently going through Class of Heroes 2G. I did also start Akiba's Beat recently.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 3:35 AM, Laburnski said:

@AlterArchuria I call out on Monster Hunter World : Iceborne you have in your backlog, @AppleKratue i call out on Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and @fisty123 i call out on Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Btw is there any limit on how many ppl i can chose for call out bonus? If its only one person then fisty is the one got my callout games

Originally you were randomly assigned a person.

This year, I'm saying that you are free to call out up to 3 people with games on their profile. If for any reason, you wish to call out someone who has no RPGs in their backlog then you can message and ask if you have a game in mind, if you really want to.

I'm competing also, mostly to beat my score from last year. But I was thinking on a little twist for the call outs, then again, we've already started the competition.

Would anyone want to call me out though...

On 10/02/2021 at 2:20 PM, AlterArchuria said:

Update:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

100 + 70 - 7.92 = 168.08 - 15 = 147.08

Just as a note for everyone, if you have trophies completed before the 1st of Feb 2021, they are not included in the trophy points. Only trophies earned after this date will count as trophy points.

Also, as a little note, if there can be a note of the completion % when you started if possible, that will help :)

We have 24 competitors this time, I hope everyone enjoys themselves with all the games they play.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Mainly the game of real life at the moment, the graphics are nice but the game play is terrible, lol.  Sadly this might be a bit of a theme going forward so might not have as much gaming time, but still intend to use this event to motivate myself toward some of the RPGs in my backlog.

I did finish Stardew Valley last night though which is nice, it's classed as RPG on here but I'm not sure if it would count for the event as it's one of those dubious ones so I'll leave it to a decision here.  It won't really count for much because it was just 1 trophy plus the platinum I had left.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just as a note for everyone, if you have trophies completed before the 1st of Feb 2021, they are not included in the trophy points. Only trophies earned after this date will count as trophy points.

Also, as a little note, if there can be a note of the completion % when you started if possible, that will help :)

We have 24 competitors this time, I hope everyone enjoys themselves with all the games they play.

Excuse me If I'm wrong here but according to your own post :

On 2021-02-09 at 8:16 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Update:

Scoring has been finalised and will be in the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents

Platinum scoring would be a base of 100 + trophies - Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins. 

0-10%: -0 points 

11-30%: -10 points 

31-50% -15 points 

61-80% -20 points 

81% +   -25 points

Bronze = 1pt
Silver = 2pts
Gold = 6pts

Adventures of Mana  100 base score + 68 trophy points - 26.01 completion rarity - 0 completion negation = 141.99 points scored 

Non Plat scoring base of 75 + trophies - completion rarity - percent already completed. 

DLC will be counted separately from the main game. Each DLC will be counted per trophy that has been earned after the event starts, with each trophy having a flat score per type of trophy. 
Bronze trophies are worth 1 point, silver trophies are worth 2 points and gold trophies are worth 6 points. 

Bonuses: 

There are ways to really gain an edge and yes bonuses are added together to make good combo. 

Double point game - You are allowed two, and you are allowed one swap of each during the event. Declare them before or on the 1st of Feb. 

Triple point game - There is one triple point game. Declare it at the same time, it cannot though be in the previous category, and it can be changed once.   

Most Wanted: 
I have a list of the most notorious RPG’s around and I’m calling on YOU to help me tame them and lock them up in the vault for good. These games will require lots of effort and time to complete and you should be rewarded for completing these. Each game on this list has a 5x bonus for beating it into submission. These cannot be used as Double or Triple Point Games.

Series Stacker: 
A game in a series of more than 3 games is worth an increasing amount of points with each game you complete in the related series and that counts as an RPG.

Example:
Kingdom Hearts 1: No bonus
Kingdom Hearts 2: 25 point bonus
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories: 50 point bonus
Kingdom Hearts BBS: 75 point bonus

Kingdom Hearts 3 100 point bonus
Etc until there are no games left that count as RPG’s in that series.

New game bonus - 50 point bonus for a new game beaten within 30 days of being released. 

Speed Run bonus – If completing a game within the top 10% a bonus of 50 points can be added. If there are less than 200 completions of the game in question, for the point bonus to be added, the time must be in the top 25 completions.

Call Out Bonus: A competitor will choose a played or unplayed game from your backlog to complete. This will be another x3 opportunity. 
You may only call out one other person who is competing and only call out games that can be seen on their backlog.

You don't actually mention that trophy points are not included games prior to the start of Feb as it states "percentage already completed before the event begins" with a point deduction on it and doesn't say trophy points so wouldn't this be a change to the rules now? Plus wouldn't it not make sense to have that point deduction and not counting the trophy points since that pretty much a double deduction. I only ask this because all of us who posted points would then have to change our scoring and well given Fisty one, if a double deduction is added to his then its possible to be worth like half as much.

Edited by AlterArchuria

@AlterArchuria I'm only going by the original rules that @kingofbattle8174 set up in RPG Mania 2020. 

On 28/01/2020 at 3:20 AM, Armored_Oso66 said:

Rpg's I already started can qualify for points but only new trophies earned after the event started count for points.

So for example if I went back and played Tales of Bersia which I have currently have at 41% and got the platinum for it than only the other 59% would actually count point wise? Along with that there are potential points deductions based on the rarity of the platinum and other factors?

That is correct, and the first time or two I double check alot to see that things are going smoothly. 

This was the question asked by Armored_Oso66 right at the beginning of the thread and that is how I based counting of the scores. There was only one instance of a game getting less than 0 points by this calculation and that was a DLC which was one trophy and a really high completion rarity.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

39 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@AlterArchuria I'm only going by the original rules that @kingofbattle8174 set up in RPG Mania 2020. 

This was the question asked by Armored_Oso66 right at the beginning of the thread and that is how I based counting of the scores. There was only one instance of a game getting less than 0 points by this calculation and that was a DLC which was one trophy and a really high completion rarity.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

That's all cool then since I just wanted it to be clarified since it wasn't on the rules so maybe it should be put in the rules to avoid more confusion from people like me :P

Think i calculated it right now after excluding the trophies before.

Update:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

100 + 40 - 7.92 = 132.08 - 15 = 117.08

Edited by AlterArchuria
Updated Score
  • Like 1