RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@AlterArchuria I'm only going by the original rules that @kingofbattle8174 set up in RPG Mania 2020. 

This was the question asked by Armored_Oso66 right at the beginning of the thread and that is how I based counting of the scores. There was only one instance of a game getting less than 0 points by this calculation and that was a DLC which was one trophy and a really high completion rarity.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

I think this line needs to be changed to rectify this;

" Platinum scoring would be a base of 100 + trophies - Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins."

I read that and went well your penalty is the percentage already completed and nothing else about removing additional trophy points.
Because I did the same mistake (I just edit my score with this change) @kingofbattle8174 also did the same mistake of adding the full trophy points so that rule is not very clear.

On 10/02/2021 at 1:07 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

Double points: SAO Lost Song, Rainbow Skies

Triple Points: Tokyo Xanadu Ex +

Game one complete: Illusion of L’phancia. 100+60-6-52.57= 101.43

I am considering now which direction to go next not that I finished this up.

Edited by fisty123

23 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

Well I definitely can’t deny that! 

@Psy-Tychist I’ll call out on Bloodborne 

Now I’m wondering what people will call out for me.

If you'd like me to sift through your trophy list and pick out an incomplete game, I'd be happy to do so.  Just let me know, and also let me know if any of those incomplete (or zero trophy) games are no longer in your possession so that I don't call out something you can't play.

As for me?  Well, anybody who looks at my profile can figure out that I seldom do anything other than play a game entirely to its' completion before putting it down.  I've got a small backlog pile remaining, largely because I completed a huge chunk of it during RPG Mania 2020.  But I'll share what's left of the list with somebody if they wish to call me out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I think this line needs to be changed to rectify this;

" Platinum scoring would be a base of 100 + trophies - Plat rarity - percentage already completed before the event begins."

I read that and went well your penalty is the percentage already completed and nothing else about removing additional trophy points.
Because I did the same mistake (I just edit my score with this change) @kingofbattle8174 also did the same mistake of adding the full trophy points so that rule is not very clear.

That is fair and will amend the wording in the OP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acasser said:

If you'd like me to sift through your trophy list and pick out an incomplete game, I'd be happy to do so.  Just let me know, and also let me know if any of those incomplete (or zero trophy) games are no longer in your possession so that I don't call out something you can't play.

As for me?  Well, anybody who looks at my profile can figure out that I seldom do anything other than play a game entirely to its' completion before putting it down.  I've got a small backlog pile remaining, largely because I completed a huge chunk of it during RPG Mania 2020.  But I'll share what's left of the list with somebody if they wish to call me out.

Go ahead! I still have access to all of my games on my profile. There should be plenty to choose from since about 80% of my backlog is already loaded on my profile. 

I can call out a game for you, send me the list if you want.

Will be a slow start to the competition for me. I’m currently working on Mugen Souls. Started it almost three years ago and I tell myself every year I’ll go back to it. Hoping to finally get through it this year or at least finish a good chunk of the grind.

@Psy-Tychist I think there is a typo in the point deductions for started games. It skips 51-60%.

18 hours ago, Eternal_Rach said:

Will be a slow start to the competition for me. I’m currently working on Mugen Souls. Started it almost three years ago and I tell myself every year I’ll go back to it. Hoping to finally get through it this year or at least finish a good chunk of the grind.

I wish you the best of luck and good serendipity with that one.  It's not quite the most tedious RPG-related grind I've ever done, nor the most time-consuming grind, but it's certainly an upper-echelon grind no matter how you slice it.

22 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

Go ahead! I still have access to all of my games on my profile. There should be plenty to choose from since about 80% of my backlog is already loaded on my profile. 

I can call out a game for you, send me the list if you want.

I've sent you the list -- what little passes for it -- by way of private message through the site.

And I can pick anything on your profile?  I'm awfully tempted to select something nasty or time-consuming. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls comes to mind, but that's as tedious and time-consuming (and pointless!) a grind as there is and I'd prefer to task you with something you'll probably enjoy a little more.  So how about Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Out of curiousity, what is everyone playing at the moment?

I'm walking a narrow tightrope of about five things I want to do at the same time.

1) I'm trying to wrap up my Mass Effect Series run and just started Mass Effect: Andromeda so that is the current title I'm working on for this event.

2) I'm also trying to finish a couple of palate cleansers I started, for in between each game in the series, to about 10-15 minutes before the platinum. I decided to do a mini-platinum rain to celebrate my 40th birthday in May (God damn that doesn't seem like a real number...) So far I have, Battle vs Chess, Hollow Knight and MLB the Show 20 within that threshold. I'm preparing that with Slay the Spire (amazing rogue-like card game) and I'm close but not that close there.

3) I'm playing Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham with my 6 year old son. He gets to play that game with me as a reward for a good day in school or for just having a friendly day overall, so that may or may not be ready in time...

4) I'm playing  Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for the PS3 event going on and will have that one ready for the rain day.

5) Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure is something I'm doing casually while my wife is watching some awful TV show like Married at First Sight or some garbage. Shows that I don't want to watch, but sit with her while she's watching. So while there is no rush there, she watches enough bad TV where that my boy Phil should be ready to pop as well.

ME: A is not currently planned to be included in my rain day and will be finished at a natural time, which will put all the ME games consecutively completed on my profile...no reason for that other than personal aesthetics. I plan to start my double and triple point games for this event, which is the Dragon Age series, after ME: A. That will be a nice double completion for me since they are PS3 games, they will also count towards the other event. In a perfect world, those would be finished in time to pop for my rain day...it would give me ten games to pop for my 40th, which is a nice round number. If I had a rata bone in my body, I would shoot for 40 for 40....but I don't....so I think ten will do nicely. I figure if I can finish each of the four 'big' games I have to play in about three weeks each, that will have me finish everything in time....we'll just have to see how much real life gets in the way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, acasser said:

I've sent you the list -- what little passes for it -- by way of private message through the site.

And I can pick anything on your profile?  I'm awfully tempted to select something nasty or time-consuming. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls comes to mind, but that's as tedious and time-consuming (and pointless!) a grind as there is and I'd prefer to task you with something you'll probably enjoy a little more.  So how about Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon.

Anything is ok to be picked! As long as it's an RPG of course. And Nights of Azure 2 being called out for me does give more motivation for me to go and play it soon.

For you, I'll call out Demon Gaze II

5 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

Anything is ok to be picked! As long as it's an RPG of course. And Nights of Azure 2 being called out for me does give more motivation for me to go and play it soon.

For you, I'll call out Demon Gaze II

Nights of Azure 2 it is.  I'd rather push you towards a more enjoyable game than a mindless grind for points.  And that's what Wizardry is.

And, sure, pick the game all the way at the bottom of my backlog pile.  ?  Not that there's much of a pile, but that's what was hidden all the way at the bottom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acasser said:

Nights of Azure 2 it is.  I'd rather push you towards a more enjoyable game than a mindless grind for points.  And that's what Wizardry is.

And, sure, pick the game all the way at the bottom of my backlog pile.  1f61d.png  Not that there's much of a pile, but that's what was hidden all the way at the bottom.

Well I'm already stuck in a mindless grind right now with Class of Heroes 2G lol. It along with Wizardry both have those 50,000 kills trophies.

Enjoy Demon Gaze II! I was debating on either picking Demon Gaze II or Tales of Berseria but I randomly decided to call out Demon Gaze II.

Well since we are allowed to call out three people this season I might as well list all three at once
I call out the following members for the call out bouns:

@AlterArchuria - Dragon Quest Heroes II (0% from unplayed backlog list)
@AppleKratue - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (currently completed 2%)
@Laburnski - Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (0% from unplayed backlog list)

Edited by fisty123

4 hours ago, da_eMTy said:

So Ive got my first rpg platinum :)

I hope ive got the math right:

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

100 +70 -34,50 = 135,50

Dont know what to do next, so if anybody want to call out a game from my list, it would be cool.

Congratulations on making it onto the scoreboard.  Your math looks fine to me.

And sure, I'll nominate something from your profile.  I call you out on Transistor (currently at 1%).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, acasser said:

Congratulations on making it onto the scoreboard.  Your math looks fine to me.

And sure, I'll nominate something from your profile.  I call you out on Transistor (currently at 1%).

Ok cool ! Thanks. I will go for it.

Working on The Alliance Alive.  After almost 13 hours finally got a trophy to pop.  Good game, but it takes a bit (Chapter 8 as I recall) before you start making headway.  Based on what I've seen this will run me into March so, with that being said, will run that through and then I'll knock out Star Ocean before The Last Remnant (definitely gonna be the hardest one).

• Like 1

So I recently finished my first game for the challenge, Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, which also happens to be one of my double point games.

there are 2 gold, 7 silver and 44 bronze trophies so that gives me so far 100+70

the completion negation is currently as I'm writing this 13.71

and I played the north American version which came out 2-2-2021 so it should count as a new game +50

that leaves me with (100+70-13.71)2+50=362.58 if I read how to total my points correctly

so i would like to submit Ys IX: Monstrum Nox for 362.58 points

• Like 3

On 10.2.2021 at 4:35 AM, Laburnski said:

@AlterArchuria I call out on Yakuza 0 you have in your backlog, @AppleKratue i call out on Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and @fisty123 i call out on Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Btw is there any limit on how many ppl i can chose for call out bonus? If its only one person then fisty is the one got my callout games

On 15.2.2021 at 8:20 AM, fisty123 said:

Well since we are allowed to call out three people this season I might as well list all three at once
I call out the following members for the call out bouns:

@AlterArchuria - Dragon Quest Heroes II (0% from unplayed backlog list)
@AppleKratue - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (currently completed 2%)
@Laburnski - Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (0% from unplayed backlog list)

Thanks for the callout. Hopefully I can complete both of them during this year. Will post my callouts later~

Completed my first RPG which is Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & The Secret Hideout. The score is 100+70-36.32=133.68.

• Like 4

First game done today with Warsaw. That grind at the end was more annoying than expected... but at least I'm on the board now :P

I'll think out loud for this one just so that it's easier to spot any mistakes. That should get me used to future completions without any hand-holding.

I had 6/35 trophies prepared, adding up to 18% completion. I had to adjust the rarity to me being the 13th platinum achiever, the site still listed 12. So I should get to the following result:

100 + 29 - 8,78 - 10 = 110,22

With it being one of my double point games I should get 220,44 points out of it. I think :P

• Like 3

Hey guys, i have forgot to mention my 2x and 3x point games. I have already contatted @Psy-Tychist and he let me post my multy point games even if the deadline is already ended.Sorry to everyone about that.

Double point game 1 -  Wizardry labyrinth of lost souls (PS3)

Double point game 2 - Class of heroes 2G

Triple point game  -  Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3 NA version)

Psy-Tychist

Edited by TenebraZero
  • Like 1

On 13/02/2021 at 7:26 AM, Eternal_Rach said:

@Psy-Tychist I think there is a typo in the point deductions for started games. It skips 51-60%.

Thank you for pointing that out. I thought my maths worked out but not quite.

The Penalty Scoring is this, just to avoid confusion:

0-10%: -0 points 

11-35%: -10 points 

36-60% -15 points 

61-80% -20 points 

81% +   -25 points

On 21/02/2021 at 3:24 PM, xZoneHunter said:

I also finished my first game: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. XCOM like strategy game with RPG elements.

I briefly looked over the score and came with this: 100 + 24 (b)+ 20 (S) + 12 (G) - 10 Completion - 9.18 rarity = 136.82.

If it's wrong feel free to correct.

I don't go and correct everyone's scores, I have the spreadsheet to do that for me :)

As an example though, it's a good one to show what the scoring should show.

So: 100 base points +(14 (b) + 16 (S) + 12 (G) trophy points earned after February 1st without DLC) - 15 point completion penalty (I worked it out as 39% base completion, please let me know if that is wrong) - 9.18 rarity = 117.82

DLC points are taken as base points only and are counted separately but still have multiplier bonuses (if they apply): 4 (S) + 8 (b) = 12 points.

Basically you were only 5 points off the total based on the completion penalty anyway.

Everyone has been updated on the spreadsheet and is up to date as of today. I've also created a automatic updater to the ranking when I make any changes, so any changes are in real time and immediate. I will be adding the Call Out sheet on the spreadsheet soon.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the games they are playing :)

• Like 2