RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

22 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Thoughts on Neoverse as an allowed game.
The three sites used does not list the type yet but Steam has it as a strategy JRPG, Google has it Role-playing game Indie game, XboxAchivements has it listed as strategy. TrueAchivements (sister site for TrueTrophies) has it as a rougelike turn based game.

The dev team sold it as a JRPG with a 3D card battle system.

https://youtu.be/YabcbIIBOuo

For this review it basically sounds like another Slay the Spire. Rouge-Like isn't a full genre it's mainly used to describe games (mostly RPGs) that are procedurally generated. It's doesn't detract that a game is a RPG in any way.

Dungeons Crawler RPGs such as Older Elder Scrolls titles, Wizardry and Mystery Dungeon series are all examples of Rouge-Like but yet still are RPGs depsite their mostly randomized nature.

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://youtu.be/YabcbIIBOuo

For this review it basically sounds like another Slay the Spire. Rouge-Like isn't a full genre it's mainly used to describe games (mostly RPGs) that are procedurally generated. It's doesn't detract that a game is a RPG in any way.

Dungeons Crawler RPGs such as Older Elder Scrolls titles, Wizardry and Mystery Dungeon series are all examples of Rouge-Like but yet still are RPGs depsite their mostly randomized nature.

15 seconds into the video you posted he calls it a deck building RPG, So now a review video also calls it an RPG.
A review video/Steam/Google/ all say RPG.
True achievements say turn based which is mostly linked to RPG

Edited by fisty123

Just thought I would clarify some posts and update everyone on what's happening:

On 08/03/2021 at 0:04 PM, TenebraZero said:

@willythom88 I call out on Soul Sacrifice

On 20/03/2021 at 2:20 PM, TenebraZero said:

Update

Ldd63f3.png

100 (base points) + 56 (trophies) - 6.09 (rarity) = 149.91 X3 (call out bonus) = 449.73 points

Total point so far : 829.77 points

When you do a Call Out, the person you are calling out is the person who gets the bonus when they complete the game. If they do not complete it, they don't get the bonus. It is not a competition between the person who calls out the other as to finish it first and get the bonus. Only the person who is called out can get the bonus if they complete the game.

So your points will look like this instead: 100 (base points) + 70 (trophy points) - 6.09 (rarity) = 163.91 +50 (speed bonus) = 213.91 points

Hope that helps :)

@Divimors I will allow you to join if you still want to come aboard. My one time offer lasts until the end of March.

On 21/03/2021 at 10:13 AM, fisty123 said:

Thoughts on Neoverse as an allowed game.
The three sites used does not list the type yet but Steam has it as a strategy JRPG, Google has it Role-playing game Indie game, XboxAchivements has it listed as strategy. TrueAchivements (sister site for TrueTrophies) has it as a rougelike turn based game.

The dev team sold it as a JRPG with a 3D card battle system.

Based on what I have read and checked up on, I am classing it as an RPG, you should be all good when you finish it.

I did finish Stardew Valley last night though which is nice, it's classed as RPG on here but I'm not sure if it would count for the event as it's one of those dubious ones so I'll leave it to a decision here.  It won't really count for much because it was just 1 trophy plus the platinum I had left.

@Mesopithecus I have counted it, I know that it as a whole is mostly a management game, but has many RPG elements and is described as that on other sites. Still scores 75 ish points though.

The Call Out List should be up later today.

Also, there has been one competitor who has passed 1000 points! Well done to @Jens and to @AlterArchuria, @AppleKratue, @TenebraZero and @fisty123 who are currently the top 5.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

When you do a Call Out, the person you are calling out is the person who gets the bonus when they complete the game. If they do not complete it, they don't get the bonus. It is not a competition between the person who calls out the other as to finish it first and get the bonus. Only the person who is called out can get the bonus if they complete the game.

So your points will look like this instead: 100 (base points) + 70 (trophy points) - 6.09 (rarity) = 163.91 +50 (speed bonus) = 213.91 points

Hope that helps :)

@Psy-TychistOk now i understand, my mistake, i thought both player get the call out bonus.

I’ve made a miscalculation of My trophy points too , i have to make a correct calculation of the other 3 games. I think by tomorrow i’ll post it.

About the calculation u made above, you have added the speed bonus. Why that? I’m not in the top 10. Or maybe i’m wrong again?

Edited by TenebraZero

1 hour ago, TenebraZero said:

About the calculation u made above, you have added the speed bonus. Why that? I’m not in the top 10. Or maybe i’m wrong again?

For a game that has been completed by 200+ people, it's top 10%.  I believe you're at #502 on the speed list out of roughly 6500 who have finished it in its entirety, which places you in the safety margin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acasser said:

For a game that has been completed by 200+ people, it's top 10%.  I believe you're at #502 on the speed list out of roughly 6500 who have finished it in its entirety, which places you in the safety margin.

Ah ok top 10  , i have mistaken with top ten ?

17 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

What's everyone playing right now?

I decided to do one of call out games in Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 but quickly remembered the reason why I stopped, the post game grind is a boring task.

Edited by fisty123

On 25/3/2021 at 10:51 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta. Nice hunting game but a bit grindy.

Here My points count  updated:

Persona 5 strikers

100(Base) + 67(trophy points) - 6.55(rarity) + 50( new game bonus) = 210.45 points

Ys IX monstrum nox 

100(base) + 70(trophy points) - 14.41(rarity) + 50(new game bonus) = 205.59 points

Soul Sacrifice

100(base) + 70(trophy points) - 6.09(rarity) + 50(speed bonus) = 213.91 points

Total points so far : 629.95 

Edited by TenebraZero
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

I've started Exist Archive, which has been sitting in my (physical) backlog pile for a long time.  Haven't played very much of it this week, because Stellaris just dropped a massive update to the console version and that has grabbed more of my attention.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, acasser said:

I've started Exist Archive, which has been sitting in my (physical) backlog pile for a long time.  Haven't played very much of it this week, because Stellaris just dropped a massive update to the console version and that has grabbed more of my attention.

Ikr I'm trying to pretend Stellaris update never dropped but everytime I turn on my PS4 or open Facebook my friends are playing it ? it's ways too tempting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, acasser said:

Good luck with Exist Archive. It's a festival of freeze. 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

I've had very little free time this past week, but working on finishing up Odyssey DLC this weekend and thinking about starting Persona 4 Golden.

I should have some more free time during May, which I'll be thankful for.  Hopefully will be able to bump out a few games that have been gathering dust in the old backlog

• Like 1

Alright, I'm finally in the game! Finished Mass Effect: Andromeda today. Technically I have one trophy left, however I'm saving that one to pop on a personal rain day I'm planning for my birthday in May. If you prefer waiting to credit me these points until then, that's fine also. The last trophy I need is for having 6 APEX teams. I have 5 and more than enough credits to get the 6th and I saved my game right in front of the console where I buy them so I'm literally 5 seconds from the plat.

I did not start the game until the event started, so it's full credit.

100 + 48(b) + 10(s) + 12 (g) - 5.58 (rarity) = 164.42

By the way, this game isn't nearly as bad as I was led to believe...I would actually say it was a good game and worth playing! Next up, a couple palette cleansers before starting my Dragon Age run!

• Like 2

On 25.3.2021 at 10:51 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

With my 8 days worth of vacation starting right now I'll start Ys: Memories of Celceta today. And once that's done my minimum goal has been reached by completing all multiplier games :P

And I'll mix it up with... RE2... that'll be weird.

4 hours ago, Briste said:

@Jens, you uncultured swine! How could you have DS3 incomplete in your backlog! I call you out on those shenanigans! Finish that up slacker!

I can see why you did that while I was asleep, you coward! Will do!

Calling you out is a little more difficult, you barely have anything unfinished on your profile, ya weirdo... But since you're strolling around like a proud goose since getting your hands on a PS5... I'll call you out doing Demon's Souls' remake on it @Briste!

Not that there's a lot of other things to play on it just yet :P

• Like 1