What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

Hunted: The Demons Forge. I played it on 360, it was so bad I can't believe I played it enough to get all the achievements...

I quite enjoyed that game, got the Plat.  

I noticed someone mentioned Dark Void...got the Plat for that too!  

Damnation however was a truly bad game...

Bioshock 2.  Way too dark and depressing for my tastes and way too difficult as far as I'm concerned.  But that's just me.  Runners-up: The Walking Dead.  Just did not enjoy it at all.  Played and just got through it for the platinum.  Can honestly say if I never played and platinumed it, it would have made no difference to me having one less platinum on my profile.  Lego: Legends of Chima.  Pretty much the same thing as The Walking Dead.  I generally love Lego games, but Chima, imo, was just horrible.  It was not fun at all.  It was a chore to platinum.  Thankfully, a rather short chore, but a chore nonetheless.  I'm tempted also to add Lego: Ninjago to this list.  Same thing as Chima.  Just not that fun.  Haven't even bothered to platinum it and probably won't.  I dunno what it is, but Lego games on the PS Vita just haven't been as fun and entertaining as their console counterparts.  Maybe it's just me.  I dunno.

I absolutely love Soulcalibur 4, hated Soulcalibur 5... got it again just for the Platinum trophy though.

Sould Calibur 4 ftw. That game so needs a trophy patch. Can ya guess why i like it so much?

Worst ps3 game i ever played was Chaotic: Shadow Warriors. I only played it because a friend needed help with the mp stuff.

For those that think movie games suck, try Chronicles of Riddick. So damn good.

This is clearly the worst game on PS3 and perhaps the worst game of the last decade. Just look at this ridiculous sex scene. Can it get any worse? I doubt.

atpiaalk.png

While I haven't played that game all the way through (only with a friend), I still thought it was better than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. Maybe if I hunted the plat on that one, though, I would change my mind.

PS1-Destruction Derby, a complete waste of money.

PS2-Sniper, the worst graphics i ever saw on ps2. there was only 10-11 "missions". "missions" meaning shoot 1 guy with the worst sniper rifle a game has ever produced.

PS3-50 Cent: Blood on the Sands, dont even get me started on this piece of absolute shizzle.

So I see this thread is still slightly off the rails in regards to people confusing games they just didn't like with ones that are objectively bad. Magus is an objectively bad game. Simply disliking a game because you couldn't get into the story or you thought it was too short or the controls kicked your ass doesn't make it "bad". That's subjective.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

So I see this thread is still slightly off the rails in regards to people confusing games they just didn't like with ones that are objectively bad. Magus is an objectively bad game. Simply disliking a game because you couldn't get into the story or you thought it was too short or the controls kicked your ass doesn't make it "bad". That's subjective.

No, for a variety of reasons.

1) The title of the thread is "what's the worst game you've ever played". How does that have anything to do with "objectively" bad games (particularly if the player has never played them)?

2) Honestly, outside of a game simply not working, there is no "objectively" bad game. For example, I enjoy playing Magus a HELLUVA lot more than, say, Warrior Within, which lots of people actually like.

Let's save the "Be sure that your opinion corresponds with mine!" 101 courses for .org. One of the great things about this site is that we're generally free of this nonsense. 

As an aside, I'll give you the last word, because I don't want to hijack an otherwise-fun thread any more.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

There is no such thing as objectively 'bad' in terms of gaming.

There is broken - that is objextive i suppose, but a thread avout the most broken game you ever played would be pretty dull.

There is 'universally disliked' - but you will always find someone who genuinly enjoyed a game even if most didn't.

Other than those its all subjective - even metacritic scores are an agregate of subjective opinions of reviewers.

E.g, when I say i think Metal Gear Solid is a bad game, that is subjective, but its equally as subjective as someone else saying its the greatest game ever - just cause they have a majority on their side doesnt make their opinion objective - a huge swathe of people liked Titanic, and Avatar and Transformers, yet they are poop.

• Like 2

1) The title of the thread is "what's the worst game you've ever played". How does that have anything to do with "objectively" bad games (particularly if the player has never played them)?

2) Honestly, outside of a game simply not working, there is no "objectively" bad game. For example, I enjoy playing Magus a HELLUVA lot more than, say, Warrior Within, which lots of people actually like.

There is no such thing as objectively 'bad' in terms of gaming.

What I'm saying is that a substantial portion of people here just post games they didn't like, instead of "bad" games. Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Final Fantasy, etc, games with a widespread appeal to a big audience that that particular person couldn't get into. Magus is a "bad" game, doesn't mean I can't like it. Bioshock is a "good" game, doesn't mean I have to like it. That's not what the point of the thread was originally, and it went off the rails early. I've always taken this to mean to post the games that you have personally played that got universally panned, was an obvious cash-in on a franchise, got shoved into a New Mexico landfill, was a 25-games-in-1 cartridge, was Mega Man playing soccer, etc. Not "I know this series has a 10 million+ fanbase but I didn't like it so its the worst game I've played". That's what I was getting at. Because if it is one of those "I didn't like it so it's the worst game I played" threads, then we have threads like that already and it or any of those others threads need to be shut down. For instance, "I hated Bioshock, it's the worst game I've played" would be perfect for the thread about games you disliked that everyone else liked. Duplicated thread there. That's why I say this thread is off the rails.

And the statement that there's no such thing as objectively bad is incorrect. It's less true now that the audience is less accepting, but early in gaming there were truckloads of games just thrown together to take advantage of a license, or where 9 color-swapped versions of the same tank game thrown on a 25 game cartridge, or was a game based on a movie that was based on a game. The ones that are thrown in a bin that get bought by your grandma for your birthday because she knows "you just love those video games".

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

Agarest 2

This was my first Agarest game and it will be my last one too.

Awful battle system, a world map that looks like it's been taken from an old PS1 RPG, horrible graphics...

Most people buy it for the fan service I suppose.