Spring 2021 Backlog Challenge

3 hours ago, Zach said:

Update: 

Finishing up my semester at school, so I haven't made a ton of progress. Something is better than nothing though, right?

Precisely!

I was in the mood for something retro, so did Alex Kidd in Miracle World. I am planning on playing Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX sometime. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Overcooked 2 is fun as well but beyond the base game is harsh! The DLC is surprisingly frustrating at times, but it's just so cute. Go ahead and be mad at a mustachioed onion dancing in his swimming trunks! You can't do it!

I love the Overcooked games, but yeah that difficulty spike in the DLCs is noticeable. Have you reached the final level of Campfire Cook-off yet? That one is insane, I somehow managed to scrape a 3 star score playing solo. There's no way I'm attempting 4 stars though! ?

• Like 1

I did my fair share of "backlog" over the course of 4 months. My account is backdating from 2010. I simply don't have time for a "backlog challenge" there's a reason why I have a backlog, because I didn't want to plat it!! Good luck to everyone though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heather342 said:

I love the Overcooked games, but yeah that difficulty spike in the DLCs is noticeable. Have you reached the final level of Campfire Cook-off yet? That one is insane, I somehow managed to scrape a 3 star score playing solo. There's no way I'm attempting 4 stars though! 1f605.png

Oh no? Haha I'm only working through Surf n Turf, I have a fair bit to go! One I'm already dreading is that horde trophy where the kitchen has to be untouched, I saw that level in arcade mode and it does not look easy.

15 hours ago, Heather342 said:

For Cuphead, this week's progress includes 3 bosses finished on expert mode (Goopy le Grande, Beppi the clown and Phantom Express), and one trophy for completing the Pacifist run on the 6 Run and Gun levels. The number of times I died on that flipping octopus at the end of Perilous Piers, it was so stressful I think I may have aged about 10 years lol!

The last two run and gun levels are the WORST. Definitely had the same experience with the octopus, you finally master the first 3/4 of the level and then it's like "okay cool, but can you jump like a total spaz for fifteen seconds?" Ugh. Sounds like you're in the swing of things, you've got this one in the bag dude??

Edited by YaManSmevz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Oh no1f62c.png Haha I'm only working through Surf n Turf, I have a fair bit to go! One I'm already dreading is that horde trophy where the kitchen has to be untouched, I saw that level in arcade mode and it does not look easy.

From what I recall the horde mode levels weren't too bad. I can't remember if I did this solo or co-op (my hubby would jump in and help me on some of the tougher levels).

The last level of Surf and Turf has a similar kitchen shifting mechanic as Campfire Cook-off, which can be stressful. Just keep an eye on the timer, and when the screen shakes and you hear the big wave coming in, grab everything you are working on and haul ass! ? It's so heartbreaking when the wave washes away your prepared meals

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heather342 said:

From what I recall the horde mode levels weren't too bad. I can't remember if I did this solo or co-op (my hubby would jump in and help me on some of the tougher levels).

The last level of Surf and Turf has a similar kitchen shifting mechanic as Campfire Cook-off, which can be stressful. Just keep an eye on the timer, and when the screen shakes and you hear the big wave coming in, grab everything you are working on and haul ass! ? It's so heartbreaking when the wave washes away your prepared meals

Yo that's awesome. My wife is very much NOT a gamer, frankly the sole reason I have games like Family Feud or Scrabble is because that's the only genre where she's like "ooh can I play?" She does like watching me play Overcooked though, she said she enjoys the lack of gunshots?

Wrappin up Surf n Turf right now and I already see what you mean. All this stuff prepped, thinkin I'm ahead of the curve, then WOOOOSSHHH?

• Like 3

On 4/25/2021 at 8:00 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Decided to give my PS3 a little more love and scratch my retro itch some more by playing Comix Zone. Pretty fun game. 

Never played it as a kid, found it one day while searching for Sega Genesis games on the PS3. Definitely has the 90s atmosphere going with it.