Trophies Autopop? (PS5)

Astro_Seas

On 2/2/2021 at 0:26 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Check my profile for the answer.

Just keep in mind that I didn't finish Nioh 1 on PS4 but did platinum Nioh 2 on PS4.

Do we need out old copies to upload our saves or does it do it automatically? Just wondering if I gotta find my old Nioh discs haha

I still need to get back to Nioh 1 on my PS4 to finish Way of the Demon. It's not even because I found them hard that I stopped, it's that I got so burned out doing all missions over and over again. Nioh for me is exhausting to play more than once on subsequent playthroughs because I find the mission structure to be so repetitive and mind numbing. After the souls game are done for me, I might try going back on PS4 to get 100% then auto pop them on PS5. Prob will do Nioh 2 on PS4 as well to auto pop them on PS5.

Edited by PostGameBlues

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 07/02/2021 at 4:28 PM, PizzingRazzorz said:

Confirming that you definitely can autopop trophies in both directions (PS4 to PS5 and PS5 to PS4). In case anyone is avoiding the PS5 version so they don't leave a half completed list, there's an option to transfer your save in both directions. I was able to earn a trophy on the PS5 version, and once I moved the save back to the PS4 version, it popped on that list as well.

I'm curious whether this works (PS5 > PS4 transfer) even without owning the DLC on the PS4 version? I got the plat on Nioh a while ago and would like to go back and do the DLC (I don't own it yet), so if I trasnferred and progressed on the PS5 from where I left off, got the 100%, would I then be able to get the DLC trophies on the PS4 version by moving the save back across even without having purchased the season pass/or DLC?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mostly looking for confirmation, just in case I'm wrong, because I really wouldn't want to lose my progress. 

I play the game normally on PS5. 

I backup the PS5 save to the cloud. 

I download the PS4 plat save to the PS5 version, which pops most of the trophies. 

I download my backed up PS5 save and end up with trophies popped and my original PS5 playthrough progress intact, right?

I love the game, but if I can avoid doing Yuki/Oda fight again, I'm gonna avoid it. If I even still have my PS4 save that is.