Google saying this site had a data breach again

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I think Google is pulling your leg, because we've not had any data breaches on .org and I've not heard of any over here either 1f914.png.

I would've thought its legit if its from Google? Only ever these 2 sites that it says my info was in a data breach. 

Just now, GUDGER666 said:

I would've thought its legit if its from Google? Only ever these 2 sites that it says my info was in a data breach. 

Google doesn't know the difference between its' ass and a hole in the wall most of the time, because they're just a fallible as virus scanners so are prone to occasional false positives. If security had been breached, the Admins for our respective sites would issue a statement telling people to change their passwords ASAP but it hasn't so they haven't.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Google doesn't know the difference between its' ass and a hole in the wall most of the time, because they're just a fallible as virus scanners so are prone to occasional false positives. If security had been breached, the Admins for our respective sites would issue a statement telling people to change their passwords ASAP but it hasn't so they haven't.

Maybe, bit weird though that its only these 2 sites it says it for. Sick of having to think of new passwords lol. 

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

Couldn't that mean you use the same info for this site as another site that has been beached?

No i use different passwords

36 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

This message has nothing to do with the site that you are currently on. It's not saying that PSNProfiles or PlaystationTrophies had a data breach. It's saying that the username/password combination that you're currently entering has been found in a data breach of some site. Meaning you are re-using your password, and Google is telling you not to do that.

Details about how the feature works are given here: https://security.googleblog.com/2019/12/better-password-protections-in-chrome.html

Can't be true because the password for this site is only for this site. Its not even close to any other password i use. Same for .org. The reused passwords is under this breached section, 

Edited by GUDGER666

I've seen a message like that on some forum threads in the past because an image that was used on a forum post is related to a site that got breached, removing the image from the tread removed the message. If that's the case, a forum mod can probably remove the image in the thread page you link to. Otherwise it's probably an ad if it's not a forum thread you're seeing it at

• Like 3

On 2/1/2021 at 4:23 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Not the first time I've had this message, also saying PlayStationtrophies.org got breached yet again. Had this message about 5 times

Never having seen such a message, I'm quite curious.  Are you willing to share it?  Is it an email?  A popup on Chrome?  Something else?

Thank you in advance.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:27 AM, pogo_loco said:

Never having seen such a message, I'm quite curious.  Are you willing to share it?  Is it an email?  A popup on Chrome?  Something else?

Thank you in advance.

Its an email from Google saying my passwords were in a non Google data breach. I changed the password on here only a few weeks ago and its the strongest password i use. 

22 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its an email from Google saying my passwords were in a non Google data breach. I changed the password on here only a few weeks ago and its the strongest password i use. 

I'm pretty sure Google is giving you a false positive, caused by them picking up a rogue ad from a hacked server so no data has actually been taken.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1