GUDGER666

Google saying this site had a data breach again

19 posts in this topic

Not the first time I've had this message, also saying PlayStationtrophies.org got breached yet again. Had this message about 5 times, all breaches from here and .org. Not good 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Google is pulling your leg, because we've not had any data breaches on .org (at least not to my knowledge) and I've not heard of any over here either 🤔.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I think Google is pulling your leg, because we've not had any data breaches on .org and I've not heard of any over here either 1f914.png.

I would've thought its legit if its from Google? Only ever these 2 sites that it says my info was in a data breach. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GUDGER666 said:

I would've thought its legit if its from Google? Only ever these 2 sites that it says my info was in a data breach. 

Google doesn't know the difference between its' ass and a hole in the wall most of the time, because they're just a fallible as virus scanners so are prone to occasional false positives. If security had been breached, the Admins for our respective sites would issue a statement telling people to change their passwords ASAP but it hasn't so they haven't.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I would've thought its legit if its from Google? Only ever these 2 sites that it says my info was in a data breach. 

 

Couldn't that mean you use the same info for this site as another site that has been breached?

Edited by Shadiochao
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Google doesn't know the difference between its' ass and a hole in the wall most of the time, because they're just a fallible as virus scanners so are prone to occasional false positives. If security had been breached, the Admins for our respective sites would issue a statement telling people to change their passwords ASAP but it hasn't so they haven't.

Maybe, bit weird though that its only these 2 sites it says it for. Sick of having to think of new passwords lol. 

 

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

 

Couldn't that mean you use the same info for this site as another site that has been beached?

No i use different passwords

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible false-positive due to an advert redirect link or there used to be an issue where if a site pulls from passport.twitch via the API that produced a false positive. 

Edited by MickeyMixLipa
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

This message has nothing to do with the site that you are currently on. It's not saying that PSNProfiles or PlaystationTrophies had a data breach. It's saying that the username/password combination that you're currently entering has been found in a data breach of some site. Meaning you are re-using your password, and Google is telling you not to do that.

 

Details about how the feature works are given here: https://security.googleblog.com/2019/12/better-password-protections-in-chrome.html

Can't be true because the password for this site is only for this site. Its not even close to any other password i use. Same for .org. The reused passwords is under this breached section, 

Edited by GUDGER666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money is on it being a false positive caused by a rogue advert from a hacked ad server.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not aware of a breach on PSNProfiles, however there are breaches reported on various PSN related communities. You can look at the site below to check various breaches across the web... assuming you trust the data.

 

https://haveibeenpwned.com/PwnedWebsites#Sony

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man...it's so funny how Google themselves leech and sell private data and they go raising these snitch flags.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a message like that on some forum threads in the past because an image that was used on a forum post is related to a site that got breached, removing the image from the tread removed the message. If that's the case, a forum mod can probably remove the image in the thread page you link to. Otherwise it's probably an ad if it's not a forum thread you're seeing it at

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 4:23 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Not the first time I've had this message, also saying PlayStationtrophies.org got breached yet again. Had this message about 5 times

 

Never having seen such a message, I'm quite curious.  Are you willing to share it?  Is it an email?  A popup on Chrome?  Something else?

 

Thank you in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 2:27 AM, pogo_loco said:

 

Never having seen such a message, I'm quite curious.  Are you willing to share it?  Is it an email?  A popup on Chrome?  Something else?

 

Thank you in advance.

Its an email from Google saying my passwords were in a non Google data breach. I changed the password on here only a few weeks ago and its the strongest password i use. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its an email from Google saying my passwords were in a non Google data breach. I changed the password on here only a few weeks ago and its the strongest password i use. 

I'm pretty sure Google is giving you a false positive, caused by them picking up a rogue ad from a hacked server so no data has actually been taken.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

non Google data

 

But, doesn't Google have all the datas?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Helyx said:

 

But, doesn't Google have all the datas?

They know everything about all of the sites and us.  Don't be fool by thinking anything is private at this point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.