YS IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

11 hours ago, Hateandhatred said:

I'm back from sleep, platinumed it in one sitting tonight x)

If you have questions I'd be willing to help out. I also made the guide on playstationtrophies, and its gonna need some serious reviewing

Congrats on the platinum! 

I actually have a quick question regarding chests. Do the chests that you open during

Spoiler

prison Adol

sections actually count towards the 100% chests trophy? I'm seeing conflicting info as the JP guide on PlaystationTrophies says they are highly missable while others commenting under this wiki said they aren't needed as they were able to get the trophy despite missing those specific chests.

6 minutes ago, Gudetommy- said:

Congrats on the platinum! 

I actually have a quick question regarding chests. Do the chests that you open during

Hide contents

prison Adol

sections actually count towards the 100% chests trophy? I'm seeing conflicting info as the JP guide on PlaystationTrophies says they are highly missable while others commenting under this wiki said they aren't needed as they were able to get the trophy despite missing those specific chests.

Well I made that guide lol

But that's interesting. I remember reading on the JP forums that they were needed. I'm actually supposed to play it again and gather screenshots and stuff like that, so I think I'll investigate what you're suggesting.

• Like 1

I've looked back into it, and I think I understand where I might have misunderstood things.

Spoiler

Some of the Prison Adol areas can be visited later on. Like there's one chest that's out of reach when you play as Prison Adol that you recover later on with your regular party. In that specific example, the other 2 chests in that room definitely DO count, but you don't have to open them if you've opened them as Prison Adol. So from there, I assumed that all the Prison Adol chests were necessary.

I should replat the game with an alt, but that's my hypothesis right now.

Ohhhh I didn't know you could revisit some of those areas later on. That chest was exactly what I was wondering about because I probably spent like 30 minutes trying to find a way to get that chest above the drawbridges the first time through until I eventually gave up and moved on. I'm relieved to find out that I can get that later though. Thank you for the clarification and also for the work you've put into that guide!

1 hour ago, Gudetommy- said:

Ohhhh I didn't know you could revisit some of those areas later on. That chest was exactly what I was wondering about because I probably spent like 30 minutes trying to find a way to get that chest above the drawbridges the first time through until I eventually gave up and moved on. I'm relieved to find out that I can get that later though. Thank you for the clarification and also for the work you've put into that guide!

Yeahhhh I felt the same when playing the Japanese version the first time.

That being said, the ones I had in mind when writing the guide were 

Spoiler

the ones underground near where you drop the board to help the regular party"

as they are particularly nasty and easy to miss. I haven't tried to miss them myself, and the game did warn you about something when trying to leave. Keep in mind that I didn't speak Japanese, so I thought it was saying something along the lines of "you can't come back here later, make sure you've collected everything". However, the English version only says something like "proceed?".

Speaking of trophy guide adjustment, I've realized that I skipped a secret room in Balduq, so I'm gonna say where it is right here before people tell me about it.

Spoiler

The last secret room that's not in my guide is located in the historical district. You can go into the small shack there using Shadow Dive.

And lastly, it's a pleasure! I'm glad if it helps people/makes people want to play the game!

Edited by Hateandhatred

On 2/2/2021 at 11:26 PM, Sigma999 said:

Never play any YS before but i did tried the demo of YS IX last night and it was a good time , too bad it's limited to 10 minutes each time 1f61d.png

Before this one, Play Ys4 (Celceta) and Ys8, in this one the story is starting to connect from the other games, and if you have a steam profile you can play The very first two Ys, Ys III (Oath of Felghana), Ys6 (Ark of Naphistim) and Ys Seven.

Edited by FlareZero
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Hateandhatred said:

Well I made that guide lol

But that's interesting. I remember reading on the JP forums that they were needed. I'm actually supposed to play it again and gather screenshots and stuff like that, so I think I'll investigate what you're suggesting.

I’ve been watching the chest count in the journal specifically during the interlude between chapters 6 and 7 and the chests have not been added to the total. This leads me to believe the chests in question do not count. At the very least I know they don’t all count.

10 minutes ago, Jables4889 said:

I’ve been watching the chest count in the journal specifically during the interlude between chapters 6 and 7 and the chests have not been added to the total. This leads me to believe the chests in question do not count. At the very least I know they don’t all count.

Yeah, those would be the ones in the mines. That makes sense since the main party never goes there. Alright then, thanks a lot for that info, it's gonna help me out with the guide 2.0 :)

One more reason to play Celceta and Ys VIII first is the bonus items you can get for having clear data from each of these.

Spoiler

Celcetan Wreath: A crown of Celcetan flowers woven together. It brims with vitality. DEF+10, HP+200, and Resist Curse.

Old Seal Ring: Received from Dana. A memento of her mother. Grants Essence to its wearer. STR/DEF+15 and Crit Rate+30%.

The trophy list looks like a mix of VIII and Celceta (boss rush trophies and 1M+ gold), along with some new ones like 2.000 Nox and 100 times using boost mode. Not bad at all. At least the Inferno and Lunatic modes are there just for fun, since they're not needed for the plat. I'm on Chapter 2 in Hard mode right now and loving it.

i got the plat yesterday, and i gotta say, if you have plat ys8, is the same concept

the only guide i needed was for talking to all personas and a video showing me where the hidden places in balduq where

aside from that i went blind, as long as you do all the optional stuff (blue and green question mark), completing the map as you go and kill all the enemies that you see, is kinda hard to miss any trophies in your 1st play-thru, aside from nightmare, that you should do in a second run

• Like 1

Are monsters permanently missable in a playthrough, I'm rushing through my nightmare playing and I've still got a missing enemy in the journal for Lemures chapter 5 (the bottom one) I'm also missing a few in each chapter after that until the end, i'm also missing the last two in the extras section 

Do most of the enemies listed under the Lemures chapters appear in Grimwald reprisals? 

On 14.2.2021 at 2:56 AM, Thomas2400 said:

*snip*

1. I am not 100% sure if you can miss any monster in the game. Some people write "Yes", others "No". For Lemures, maybe this is true:

All chapter Lemures are doable to obtain later by revisiting a Grimwald Nox battle (Dogi´s "Grimwald Reprisals" option) from that chapter.

2. Maybe your "missing Lemure" in chapter 5 is one of the bosses from the Grimwald Nox "Purge" events? Since you concentrate on smashing the crystals during "Purge" events and you try to evade killing the boss, you won't kill the boss from those events as primary goal. Because you won't kill the boss you will miss the entry for it. So my advice is: Check Dogi´s "Grimwald Reprisals" option and redo some (or better: all) of the "Purge" events. 

3. Regarding to your question about "Missing monsters in extra section": Second to last monster entry doesn't count for the trophy, but it's the level 80 disastro in the recommended level 41 battle Coliseum of Madness. >> https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/254476-ys-ix-monstrum-nox/answers/580905-need-help-finding-3-monsters

Btw: Monster List which lists all enemies with name and category, but without exact location (Also contains spoilers because of the enemies listed!): https://nightlygamingbinge.com/ys-ix-monsters/

Edited by Geridian
Added url
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, GrumpyFelo said:

i got the plat yesterday, and i gotta say, if you have plat ys8, is the same concept

the only guide i needed was for talking to all personas and a video showing me where the hidden places in balduq where

aside from that i went blind, as long as you do all the optional stuff (blue and green question mark), completing the map as you go and kill all the enemies that you see, is kinda hard to miss any trophies in your 1st play-thru, aside from nightmare, that you should do in a second run

Can you link the videos?

Actually I just arrived in the beginning of chapter 9 and are doing Side Quests now which are needed for story progress.

Playing on nightmare since the beginning and had no real issues:

• Some bosses where harder then others while being still super fun to practice and kill (like Avalodragil). 
  • Did invest early on in Decoys (Sphene will stay healthy, only surprise attacks go for the Sphene instantly) and the Lux Cannon (Break effect!) for the Grimwald events which helped a lot, scored S rank in first try in 99% of those events until now.

Was very happy to notice some positive things regarding some trophies:

1. Hermetic Bastion (Attain 100% of Ritual Relic enhanced) >> When you arrive at the last dungeons entrance for chapter 8 ("Dungeon Name" - Start) and go out through the middle way on the right side you arrive back in Ciel Canyon Trail. Then, when you follow the way down from this point to the maps right side you come across some barrels and mineral deposits which have a high chance to grant you Sol Spars and Mystic Lazulite. If you got unlucky or need more materials then port back to "Dungeon Name" - Start and repeat. This way I collected all Sol Spars I needed very fast. Just run all the way, ignore enemies, smash barrels and deposits and all is fine.
  2. Errant Millionaire (Have 1,000,000 Gold in possession) >> At the beginning of chapter 9 I made a manual save, unequipped all characters (Weapons cannot be unequipped, just remembering. But you can equip older weapons and maybe sell the newer weapons then), went to a shop and just sold everything. Since I did not use those three types of elixirs and also found out that some of the accessories and even some monster materials sold for hugh amounts of money I got this trophy without any need for exzessive special farming. One must only keep in mind that this trophy only pops after you leave the shop menu. Then just reload your older save and no harm done.
  3. You can smash everything with the strat from this video: Ys IX Monstrum Nox Review + All Skills Guide - Best Skills in Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - YouTube .. Even the Secret boss while being level 69 yourself.

And as a reminder: You can make 100 different saves just for this game. If you save often and on different slots you will miss nothing.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

On 18/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, Geridian said:

Actually I just arrived in the beginning of chapter 9 and are doing Side Quests now which are needed for story progress.

Playing on nightmare since the beginning and had no real issues:

• Some bosses where harder then others while being still super fun to practice and kill (like Avalodragil). 
  • Did invest early on in Decoys (Sphene will stay healthy, only surprise attacks go for the Sphene instantly) and the Lux Cannon (Break effect!) for the Grimwald events which helped a lot, scored S rank in first try in 99% of those events until now.

Was very happy to notice some positive things regarding some trophies:

1. Hermetic Bastion (Attain 100% of Ritual Relic enhanced) >> When you arrive at the last dungeons entrance for chapter 8 ("Dungeon Name" - Start) and go out through the middle way on the right side you arrive back in Ciel Canyon Trail. Then, when you follow the way down from this point to the maps right side you come across some barrels and mineral deposits which have a high chance to grant you Sol Spars and Mystic Lazulite. If you got unlucky or need more materials then port back to "Dungeon Name" - Start and repeat. This way I collected all Sol Spars I needed very fast. Just run all the way, ignore enemies, smash barrels and deposits and all is fine.
  2. Errant Millionaire (Have 1,000,000 Gold in possession) >> At the beginning of chapter 9 I made a manual save, unequipped all characters (Weapons cannot be unequipped, just remembering. But you can equip older weapons and maybe sell the newer weapons then), went to a shop and just sold everything. Since I did not use those three types of elixirs and also found out that some of the accessories and even some monster materials sold for hugh amounts of money I got this trophy without any need for exzessive special farming. One must only keep in mind that this trophy only pops after you leave the shop menu. Then just reload your older save and no harm done.
  3. You can smash everything with the strat from this video: Ys IX Monstrum Nox Review + All Skills Guide - Best Skills in Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - YouTube .. Even the Secret boss while being level 69 yourself.

And as a reminder: You can make 100 different saves just for this game. If you save often and on different slots you will miss nothing.

Good tips man, thanks, another method for the Sol Spars is to farm Gold in the Grimwald Nox and buy it from Morbihan.

Just now, FlareZero said:

another method for the Sol Spars is to farm Gold in the Grimwald Nox and buy it from Morbihan.

Yes, this method should be used when you are in the last chapter and your level/playstyle allows fast clearing of the last Nox. 

In the end I smashed everything with overpowered White Cat:

1. Strat from this video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mOVec8FqYw

2. Give White Cat all Strength and Vita Potions.

3. Avoid giving her the Defensive Potions! When you use the video´s strat you want her to take damage!

• Like 1