Leveling heroes to level 50 will take longer in next patch

OJ_Warrior

For those trying to go for the "Back in Business" trophy for gaining 250 hero levels I would recommend doing this before the next patch.

The changes will be implemented on March 18th. 

If you want to read the blog post for yourself the blog post is below:

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/cosmetic-xp-rework

For a TLDR the amount of xp needed for each level will be increased. This will mainly come into effect at around level 25. 

• Like 3

I heard a lot of bad things about this game already but this just sounds stupid. ''we learned that people were earning skill points too fast''. Lmao what a joke. You are playing as super heroes, are you not ment to feel powerful? Do we not adore super heroes because of their powers and things they do and achieve that can't be obtained in reality? What a lame excuse to increase the amount of XP needed to level up.

• Like 1

I've put a lot of time into this game, even playing past the platinum. I don't understand what Crystal Dynamics is saying, that "the player earns skill points too fast", because the characters are pretty limited in combat until you start investing a lot of points into their skills. Once they open up, you really start to have fun since you're actually getting some real combat going.

• Like 4

This is the DUMBEST update ive seen in a game in recent memory. 

It makes ZERO sense and the developers are fucking morons for thinking this will keep us playing. 

I am trying so hard to get my heroes to 50 but as its already a slow grind i doubt with this update ill have any luck whatsoever. 

Fuck you CD. Just FUCK YOU. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pojokwando said:

So, is there an effective way right now to grind levels?  I have just been playing the main story at the moment.

Sure, not looking forward to the additional grind... but whatever.

Tbh, if you play the HARM Challenge 1 room, and beat all waves, you'll probably gain just over 1 Level worth of experience. But playing Cap's first Iconic mission is a good way to level characters at lower level. Then move to HARM rooms, or try short missions (Advanced R&D Lab on Eastern Seaboard is really short with lots of enemies, can beat in <5 mins), then for later levels, go to HIVES.

This is what I've been doing. I managed to hit 35 Levels gained yesterday. Its grindy, and can get boring, but put something else on as background noise, and it makes it easier to get through.

Edited by smithylfc2008

Considering this is a live service game that is supposed to want a person playing long term, you do level WAY to fast.
Personally, I have 0 problem with them lowering the XP rate (grinding is the point of looters).
However, lowering the XP rate in a game that has a little content as this game currently does is silly.

Although, I do really enjoy this game, I do hope that someone realizes Crystal Dynamics arent the right people for live services and puts them back on Tomb Raider.
I also hope that this battle system gets reused in a game that is received better.
For me, the core combat was so much fun that I could overlook all the glaring flaws with every other aspect of the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The trophy popped for me at level 212.

By the time I was done with the 50th hive I had gotten Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, & Thor all to level 50 and Captain America was at level 42 when he cleared the 50th hive.

As long as you are relatively smart about spreading out the experience once a character caps out the hives are still the timebound portion.

As far as gear leveling goes you have to keep boosting your minor artifacts or they will drag you down and keep the gear that drops from going mich higher. Basically I would do a couple hive runs then do the PNW inhuman mission witt the two caches because those always contain artifacts.  I wasn't paying attention when I hit level 50 with black widow and her gear is at level 92. Hulk and Iron Man hit the cap at gear level 115 which is a much less annoying grind to finish off if you give a shit about it.

• 2 weeks later...

It oddly seems to go faster after 25, although that may be the early levels being spent in campaign and cutscenes which don't give as good XP for the time investment. At any rate it's not really something to worry about other than the 250 levels which is still bugged, got it before any character being close to 50, you'll definitely get plenty of XP going through the Reigning Supreme and fifty hives.