Triple Platinum?

DarthDanMan

Yeah... I think I'm drawing the line at cloud syncing for a triple plat. Sometimes I have seconds thoughts about syncing for the double plat, but that's in the past. 

It does give you a little bit of an icky feeling :)  But from what I understand, the whole trophy syncing for multiple platinums won't be available in any more games. I think any game that has cross-save will share a trophy list. 

• Like 1

Why is that? You've already completed every single task for the platinum in the game so obviously you are skilled enough to earn the platinum. Should you really have to play the entire thing again just to unlock the same exact trophies, the same exact way on a different platform?

Parker

YES a reply! lol anyway Parker I understand this completely and you are correct, the skills were put on display as a singular platinum was earned. But why is there a need to get another quick and cheap platinum by using a cross-save? Wasnt the point made that said gamer was skilled enough to earn the platinum? To me this is what the proverbial trophy "whoring" is all about, bc the trophies on the "other" platform were not earned on said platform they were earned on another. At the end of the day platinum trophies have a different meaning to each individual gamer and to each their own! I appreciate the reply bud!

• Like 3

YES a reply! lol anyway Parker I understand this completely and you are correct, the skills were put on display as a singular platinum was earned. But why is there a need to get another quick and cheap platinum by using a cross-save? Wasnt the point made that said gamer was skilled enough to earn the platinum? To me this is what the proverbial trophy "whoring" is all about, bc the trophies on the "other" platform were not earned on said platform they were earned on another. At the end of the day platinum trophies have a different meaning to each individual gamer and to each their own! I appreciate the reply bud!

I agree that it's not exactly the most kosher thing in trophy-hunting. I have 2 auto-sync plats (this and Sly 4). For a game like Sly 4, I wanted to use the cross-save so I could play on my Vita when I wasn't home. There wasn't any way to do that without trophies earned on another platform popping when I switched back and forth. I'm glad that they are no longer going to allow games with cross-save to have 2 trophy lists. For Sound Shapes, I just didn't want to do it again, so I cheated lol :)

Auto popping plats is pretty low. 

I suffered my way through sound shapes, I found the game harder than I probably should have. It was a really tough platinum. Sure, I could auto pop the PS vita version (which is sitting on my vita right now, waiting for the day I build up enough courage to play it again) but why do that? It takes literally no skill and no time. Platinums should be a badge of dedication to the game. Why should you get 3 platinums for only going through the game once?

I think auto popping trophies should be marked as cheating. The platinum for sound shapes is 40% because of auto popping, but the game definitely should be around 15%. Because of this, I have every reason to believe sound shapes on PS4 will be 90% rare. 
I respect people that platinumed the game twice without auto popping. Even those that went through it once and didn't want to go through it again but did NOT auto pop.

That is all.

• Like 3

Of course you should have to do it again. If you want the trophies again, do the requirements again. It's how it has worked in the past with multi region titles and is much more respectable. The auto-pop hacks are being removed because I'm pretty sure they were never intended by Sony. I spoke with Eastasiasoft and they said all new cross-save titles are required to have a single trophy list. (I guess Sound Shapes is exempt from the rule for some reason.. even though this requirement was put in place before the PS4 version's release.)

Well said, I agree completely. I'm surprised this needs to be broken down, to be honest.

• Like 1

Auto popping plats is pretty low. 

I suffered my way through sound shapes, I found the game harder than I probably should have. It was a really tough platinum. Sure, I could auto pop the PS vita version (which is sitting on my vita right now, waiting for the day I build up enough courage to play it again) but why do that? It takes literally no skill and no time. Platinums should be a badge of dedication to the game. Why should you get 3 platinums for only going through the game once?

I think auto popping trophies should be marked as cheating. The platinum for sound shapes is 40% because of auto popping, but the game definitely should be around 15%. Because of this, I have every reason to believe sound shapes on PS4 will be 90% rare. 

I respect people that platinumed the game twice without auto popping. Even those that went through it once and didn't want to go through it again but did NOT auto pop.

That is all.

Couldn't have said it better myself!  Lame is Lame...

Edit:  Too each is own, just my opinion.  [forgot to iterate that]

Edited by TEXASBOI727

Cross save is lame. If there is multiple trophy list or region you should have to play the game all over again to earn the plat.

I did US and German Skate 2 plats. I had to play German skate2 from the beginning and beast my way to plat. Can I read German? Fuck no! But I did it and very proud I was able to achieve that platinum. :)

• Like 3

Why is that? You've already completed every single task for the platinum in the game so obviously you are skilled enough to earn the platinum. Should you really have to play the entire thing again just to unlock the same exact trophies, the same exact way on a different platform?

Parker

i agree with both of you and i'll explain

my sound shapes trophies are divided to 2 parts

death mode - i played one time on the vita and one time on the ps3 console - in fact it was a bit different between the two platforms, there were parts i found easy on the vita while hard on the ps3 and vice versa

beat school - requires no playing skills and basically when you found the solution for it you don't really need to do it again, so i played both consoles in parallel and unlocked the trophies together

but i never used the cross save to pop those trophies

tried to do the same thing with motorstorm RC - platted it on the ps3 and then played a bit on the vita, until i tried to get the ghost trophy on the vita, when i did that it connected to game server and all the trophies started to pop, i actually got really pissed about that because the game played completely different there and i really wanted to earn the plat on the vita too

even though death mode was a real pain i will try to do it all over again on the ps4!

Pretty sure its cross-buy across all three platforms, I platted both versions and will plat Sound Shapes on the PS4 when I buy it day one and keep it until the DLC comes out and wait for further DLC.

I'm probably one of the only people who actually loved playing this game, the soundtracks are just amazing to listen to. Can't wait for the PS4 version.

The bigger question for me is,if you already bought the vita/ps3 version will you get it for free on ps4?

I woudnt mind a triple plat but im not buying the game and all the dlc twice.

Yes, the PS4 version will be available at launch as a cross-buy title, along with Flower. Escape Plan and Flow will also be on PS4 (and free for those who have purchased them) on 11/29 in the U.S. I'm not sure about EU dates. 

Coming back to this thread, I don't feel like a cheater because I got a 2nd platinum out of sound shapes. I didn't even know how it all worked really. But because of this, I do intend to play without loading my save on ps4. I think itll be a fun way to get into the new system, and I also don't want it to be my very first plat on the console that took zero effort to obtain. That being said, the beat school dlc is a meh for saving in my opinion.

I have no qualms about cross unlocking the sound shapes plat three times. I don't go out of my way for cross save games. I haven't played a sly game or motorstorm rc. It's not about the plats, it's about the game, and the hardware. I loved soundshapes so I played and platnumed it. I love Sony so I bought a Vita and a PS4. As log as I'm doing everything within the confines of sanctioned activity, there should be no judgment or even issue.

I could plat sound shapes for a second or third time, or I can attend to the literally 100+ backlog PS3 games I need to get to before PS4 games really start cranking out.

• Like 2