Vita Unobtainables - Messages Shutting Down

Afro_Gear

9 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

It's safe in that it will still be possible through ad-hoc yes.

But most people won't have opportunity to do it via ad-hoc. And doing it solo with 2 vitas is quite tricky (but doable). Basically its just going to be much more annoying to get then it already is.

Thanks a lot, will give that a try soon!!

47 minutes ago, Joey-_-1999 said:

Do we know at what time it will die out?

We do not. And it might not even be the 28th for everyone. On the important notices page it says " Termination will start on June 28th 2021, actual date of the termination may differ by region."

• Like 2

Thanks buddy, appreciate it!!!

14 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

We do not. And it might not even be the 28th for everyone. On the important notices page it says " Termination will start on June 28th 2021, actual date of the termination may differ by region."

Someone in a party I’m in told that the Vita messages are now shut down.

Smh Sony… it’s a BASIC ESSENTIAL online feature that should have stayed. How much was saved from turning this off? 1 dollar?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

So they could be shutting it down in stages but as of right now this is whats happened:

• All chats have disappeared from my Vita.
  • I can still send messages to my alts, and my alts can read them on PS4, but my main can not read responses on vita.
  • Sending challenges and invites still works (tested chronovolt and Rocketbirds)
  • Accepting invite still works (tested in Rocketbirds)

Will test further later on in case things are still being turned off.

If it stays like that I couldn't care less about this change. Except for invites nobody uses messages on the vita. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

If it stays like that I couldn't care less about this change. Except for invites nobody uses messages on the vita. 

You quoted someone who uses vita messaging. The app doesn't work on my phone and typing on a PS4 is god awful and I can't care my PS4 around with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrHealthy said:

You quoted someone who uses vita messaging. The app doesn't work on my phone and typing on a PS4 is god awful and I can't care my PS4 around with me.

So you seriously want to tell me that you carry the vita around with you the whole day like other people carry around their phones? Lol 

How do you even receive messages when you're not logged into your home internet? 

Maybe you should simply get a new phone. Or use discord and whatsapp to communicate with your online buddies. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

So you seriously want to tell me that you carry the vita around with you the whole day like other people carry around their phones? Lol 

How do you even receive messages when you're not logged into your home internet? 

Maybe you should simply get a new phone. Or use discord and whatsapp to communicate with your online buddies. 

I'm talking about communicating and planning boosting sessions. We are on a trophy hunting website after all. I take my vita with me wherever I go in my house when I am trying to arrange matches otherwise I have to constantly keep my PS4 on and keep returning to my TV.

"Just get another phone"

You know how privileged that sounds right? Not everyone can just drop hundreds of dollars on a new phone because 1 shitty app doesn't work. And of course I use different apps to keep in touch with real friends. I don't want random people I don't know from PSN clogging up my social circle. Not once did I say that I carry it around for general chatting, like what made you jump to that conclusion. Using a service = carrying a vita around when I go out of the house? What a leap in logic that is.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Snip

Sometimes people can be a piece of work. It just happens though, when you don’t have the whole picture, the same tendencies, or the same equipment. However, there’s no need to justify how you do things. Take it from me, I myself would never just give someone my discord tag unless we really click, I’d be talking with them way more often than the usual I do with most on PSN, or collaborating with them further, that kind of stuff.

Don’t forget man you had my back helping many people get these trophies up until the doomsday. Working 6 days a week, I would have hated to be told I wasn’t fit to be a host, but you covered me a lot when I wasn’t available for requests.

• Like 2

wel here its down tonight I was able to help someone get the rocketbirds trophy only to wake up and it being down

realy sad about this I used it a lot it was 1 way to stay in contatc with my 2 best friiends which I cnat do anymore now:(

and in case people start recomend crap like whatsapp I dont have or want a smartphone and I dont wnat to use services from companies like facebook because they shit on privacy  and everything you sya n there they see as well

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I'm talking about communicating and planning boosting sessions. We are on a trophy hunting website after all. I take my vita with me wherever I go in my house when I am trying to arrange matches otherwise I have to constantly keep my PS4 on and keep returning to my TV.

"Just get another phone"

You know how privileged that sounds right? Not everyone can just drop hundreds of dollars on a new phone because 1 shitty app doesn't work. And of course I use different apps to keep in touch with real friends. I don't want random people I don't know from PSN clogging up my social circle. Not once did I say that I carry it around for general chatting, like what made you jump to that conclusion. Using a service = carrying a vita around when I go out of the house? What a leap in logic that is.

Uh...you're aware that you can simply buy some cheap ass android phone for under $30 that can run the "shitty app" your shitty phone can't run?

Just tested it. Was not able to send a direct message through the Vita to my alt account but was able to send an invite through Rocketbirds on Vita to the alt account.

So I'm wondering if games thought to be affected by the shutdown are actually not affected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Just tested it. Was not able to send a direct message through the Vita to my alt account but was able to send an invite through Rocketbirds on Vita to the alt account.

So I'm wondering if games thought to be affected by the shutdown are actually not affected.

sounds fantastic then!