Platinum achievers

kovy27

Sitting at 29%+ right now. 

How come is this percentage so high? It’s a plat that requires quite a lot of time and work. There are a lot of easier plat trophies out there that sit way below this percentage.

Is it because of the dedicated fanbase and the fact that a lot of older players know the game inside out? Still, that’s a lot of achievers IMO.

• Like 1

1. More likely to be purchased by people who are already familiar with the game, or at least with the series.
  2. The game is hard, but the platinum isn't. If you can beat the game, you can platinum it, and there's almost no grinding required (at most 2 or 3 hours total for a gold coin if you get unlucky).

Other Soulsborne games have a very similar completion percentage. Bloodborne has been platinumed by a higher PSN percentage, but a lower PSNP percentage. Same with Dark Souls Remastered.

• Like 2

It's got a fanbase behind it, so it was always going to be popular. It had the reputation of being a really hard game to platinum, so that drew people to it, even though once you've learnt about the stats etc, it's not that hard at all.

It's also a PS5 release game, so there wasn't a great deal of other choices about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Because it doesn't have a notorious Bladestone, well, or any weapon upgrades trophies with under 0.1% drop rate 1f605.png

Except it does, because you need to trade a Pure Bladestone with Sparkly for a ring (unless you purchased the Digital Deluxe version).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Except it does, because you need to trade a Pure Bladestone with Sparkly for a ring (unless you purchased the Digital Deluxe version).

Oh...I..did not know that - thanks for pointing this out. Definitely will get a Deluxe version then to avoid PTSD!

12 hours ago, Helyx said:

It still has pure bladestone, sure, but it absolutely does not have the pure bladestone grind.

In the original game you could only get pure bladestone from a single enemy in the entire game (the black phantom black skeleton in 4-2), and it had a 0.5% drop rate. In the remake, it drops from *any* black skeleton (even the ones in 4-1, and they don't have to be black phantoms), and they have about a 7% drop rate. I got mine on my first playthrough of 4-1 by accident, and most people who do have to farm for it get it in 20 minutes or less.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

It still has pure bladestone, sure, but it absolutely does not have the pure bladestone grind.

In the original game you could only get pure bladestone from a single enemy in the entire game (the black phantom black skeleton in 4-2), and it had a 0.5% drop rate. In the remake, it drops from *any* black skeleton (even the ones in 4-1, and they don't have to be black phantoms), and they have about a 7% drop rate. I got mine on my first playthrough of 4-1 by accident, and most people who do have to farm for it get it in 20 minutes or less.

Preaching to the choir here, Nate. Took me several hours to get Pure Bladestone on PS5, but thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

On 4/7/2021 at 0:55 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

As far as difficult is concerned the game is a joke compared to sekiro or even other souls like games. Magic build is overpowered making the game a breeze for those who do play with one. 

If you go in sword and board and don't use any glitches, exploits etc. the game does have some challenging areas/bosses.

Just saying

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

If you go in sword and board and don't use any glitches, exploits etc. the game does have some challenging areas/bosses.

Just saying

I got my plat with a basic sword, then helped a friend get the plat on his magic character. The simple sword/shield gameplay is much much easier. The magic is very slow to cast, you need to waste souls to have a decent mana pool and yet you need to use mana potion every 3 or 4 spells ...... I think when you passed Sekiro and Bloodborne's Orphan of Kos, Demon's soul and Dark souls trilogy are just a joke. For this game, only the boss 4.4 provides a real boss fight and he only has like 3 very noticeable patterns .... Anyone can plat DS really.

• Like 1

As many people have already said, Demon’s Souls just isn’t that difficult compared to the rest of the series.  The bosses are either killed by a gimmick or have a simple move set that are easily exploited with no mid battle escalations or form changes.

It has some brutal environments for sure, but nothing in Demon’s comes close to the second Owl fight, Orphan of Kos or Slave Knight Gael.

If you're buying the game you're looking to play the game. Call of Duty and Madden usually have 0.1% platinums because tons of people just buy it to play casually. People don't just buy and play Demon's Souls to play casually. More people buying the game = larger denominator, and more people playing casually = lower numerator. My rarest platinum on PSN is Madden 18 with a 0.1%. But it's not even a top 5 rarest platinum I have on PSN Profiles. In contrast, my rarest platinum on PSN Profiles, Darkest Dungeon, is at 1.4% on PSN but took WAY more effort and time. There's a smaller pool of players playing Darkest Dungeon, and the ones that do want to play that specific type of game.

Also, Demon's Souls is the easiest souls platinum to get if you use poison cloud on the boss fights. After platinuming Dark Souls (twice), Dark Souls 2 (twice), Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne just having to use Poison Cloud to defeat the hardest bosses definitely took the difficulty down a notch. Demon's Souls came in with a dedicated player base and easier platinum than recent entries in the series.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

I got my plat with a basic sword, then helped a friend get the plat on his magic character. The simple sword/shield gameplay is much much easier. The magic is very slow to cast, you need to waste souls to have a decent mana pool and yet you need to use mana potion every 3 or 4 spells ...... I think when you passed Sekiro and Bloodborne's Orphan of Kos, Demon's soul and Dark souls trilogy are just a joke. For this game, only the boss 4.4 provides a real boss fight and he only has like 3 very noticeable patterns .... Anyone can plat DS really.

Hm interesting I never tried the magic build... I got the plat solo with a sword and shield.

I've also only played Bloodborne otherwise, Sekiro is next on my list though. I definitely enjoyed the combat in Bloodborne more because it felt more dynamic.

Most of the bosses in DS were pushovers anyway, so I guess they were easier, but the tough ones were a real pain in the ass. I died like 50 times between 1-4, 2-2 and 3-2.

In Bloodborne main story I only died to like 3-4 bosses a handful of times. Not until the chalice dungeons and yes, Orphan of Kos, did it get really challenging.

I think what made DS frustrating in parts was the lack of good shortcuts in some areas and certain areas were a pain to progress through (like 1-3 getting past all the enemies).

Also the Plat was way more enjoyable in Bloodborne, I don't like having to replay almost the entire game for a couple spells...

It took me the same amount of time to plat Demon's Souls as Bloodborne+DLC

People are weird trying to talk just because they play as sword and board, like they are more high and mighty or something when they probably didn't realize magic isn't always just casting things because the Archon sword damage is based on your magic stat. It's an awesome hybrid build, we kill things with a short sword when we need to. I also still grab a blunt mace to kill skeletons any day.

Demons Souls was the first in this series, they learned a lot since then. Really no reason to put it down.

Yeah as many pointed that out, lot of Fromsoftware fans that are trophy hunter as well, therefore it's not uncommon to see such highter platinium rate on these specific games, as casual won't approach these games as they know how tough there are. That does not mean they are easy trophies, far from it, so for any first timers of souls games, don't be admired if you won't be able to plat the game.

Haven't played Demon Souls yet, I'm sure it's going to be a thrilling experience to reach the plat.