Miles Morale (Marvel's Spider-Man) outsells The Last of Us: Part II

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Again - I like the look of MM, and am saving it for when I have a PS5 so I can enjoy it at it's best.

It is a great show-off of console performance, especially the game finale. In some aspects, I liked it more than the original. I also liked the implementation of DualSense's haptic feedback the most of all the other PS5 titles I played.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Pathetic, sorry. I hate this cheap mindset. I actually value the work of others. No point in discussing it further, it's like we are from different worlds.

Only thing that's pathetic is you allowing Sony to scam you. Openly supporting $70 DLCS. 

Couldn't imagine being such boot licker I'd allow any company to treat me like that.

Edited by Dan-lives-here
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

You're totally incorrect in saying that most triple AAA games cant be platinumed within a week of casual play. If you think this is the case please start listing them. 

It's also not defrauding. It's no a questions asked return policy. 

You Sony fanboys sure are blind to reality.

I find it pathetic at best you defend Miles Morales as acceptable practice as a consumer in any way.

Don't be silly - I'm hardly a Sony Fanboy - I just find the idea of fully platinuming a game, then returning it for full price a bit gauche - even within the context of a 'no-questions asked' policy.

And I think you got the wrong end of what I was saying - I agree with you, most AAA games can certainly be platinum in a week if you put your mind to it.

I'm not sure I agree with you that they could be done in a week of 'casual' play, but we all have different definitions of 'causal' I suppose.

I mean, the average AAA is 30-odd hours to platinum, so a few hours every day would get you at least most of the way there in a week-ish - and a lot of people play far more than that, particularly at weekends.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

You're totally incorrect in saying that most triple AAA games cant be platinumed within a week of casual play. If you think this is the case please start listing them. 

In what universe is "if you put the effort in" equal to "casual play"?

It's also not defrauding. It's no a questions asked return policy. 

Yes, technically not. Whatever floats your boat.

You Sony fanboys sure are blind to reality.

What are you? 12? Use actual arguments, like grown-ups do, not this childish s**t.

13 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Only thing that's pathetic is you allowing Sony to scam you. Openly supporting $70 DLCS. 

Couldn't imagine being such boot licker I'd allow any company to treat me like that.

I'm talking about MM, not Sony. That "fanboy argument" is getting annoying. I consider my money well spent based on the enjoyment I got out of this game. Simple as that. Not that hard to understand. Also, allowing the company to treat me like that? I wasn't at gunpoint when buying the game. It's not like I was forced to buy it.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

It's like your upset (definitely unnecessarily defensive) that the game isn't being narrowly praised and actually has some competition. Some additional reasons for why TLOU2 was chosen: I don't talk about Nintendo games here; this is a Sony based site; and TLOU2 like MM is a Sony exclusive. It made all the sense in the world to put TLOU2 in the title (especially when various articles online have already done the same).

To keep it short, I really don't give a shit which game sells more than the other or about some fake competition gamers created when in reality both of these games performing well is only putting money in sonys pocket, not ours. I played both games fully and thought they were excellent, I have no bias or hatred towards any of them and hope both studios continue to be successful as they're top tier developers. 

I just find it a bit disingenuous that you specified it's outselling last of us 2 when you could of easily put something like "miles morales top seller in March" or "Miles morales outselling several big franchises right now" but ey do your thing. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

It is a great show-off of console performance, especially the game finale. In some aspects, I liked it more than the original. I also liked the implementation of DualSense's haptic feedback the most of all the other PS5 titles I played.

Yeah - looking forward to it ?- there are a few games like this one - AC Valhalla and maybe WatchDogs 3 - where I could be playing them now, but I don't want to burn out all the potential PS5 fun-times before I even get one ?

Hitman 3 would have been part of that list too - Looking forward to seeing that on the PS5 - but I just couldn't bring myself to allow all those Elusive Targets to go un-killed in the meantime ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I just find it a bit disingenuous that you specified it's outselling last of us 2 when you could of easily put something like "Miles morales outselling several big franchises right now" but ey do your thing. 

Yeah, so I explained some of that already. But the same way articles normally don't word their post that way I also didn't, works too. (And we both know those writers usually don't have anything against them.)

or "miles morales top seller in March" 

That would never work, because the acknowledged milestone isn't about its performance throughout March; it's about its performance from launch (November 2020) to the end of March (2021).

Edited by EcoShifter

I'd like to know the number of copies sold for both games. I'm always interested in that kind of stuff. So far, we only know that TLOU2 sold 4 milllion in the first weekend, and SM:MM sold 4.1 milllion in the first 7 weeks.

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Can we stop pitting these games against each other and just appreciate that they're both great in their own ways? 

Exactly this! Thank you. 

i enjoyed both. Both are totally different in gameplay and story and genre. i think both were done very well. I don't get the hate for TLOUp2. i really don't. But to each their own. I think it was a solid 9.5 or 10/10. But thats MY Opinion. 

I am glad both sell well still, but as others stated Spiderman is a cheap game. Its on ps5 and is one of the first games most ps5 owners buy. Whereas TLOUp2 has been out since end of June. I'd like to see a sequel to both. Rather than a damned remake of TLOU1. Spiderman "2" can have both Peter and Miles, and be longer like Spiderman PS4 was.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why would dlc coming out that you don't have to play, but others would enjoy, a bad thing?

I don't fucking care if others enjoyed it or not. Simply stating a fact that FOR ME, that's finally some good news for a change. 

3 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

He's just really glad that Naughty Dog is focusing on The Last of Us remake instead of any other project right now.

I couldn't care less even if ND would announce that they will be re-releasing TLOU2 with intelligent people working on its script. To me, ND is done, but thankfully they have plenty of fans such as yourself to support them :). 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I don't fucking care if others enjoyed it or not. Simply stating a fact that FOR ME, that's finally some good news for a change. 

okay...?

I mean, I guess i just don’t understand why it would be good news for you...?

Surely it would be just... news?

Ambivalence I totally get- I mean, I understand not caring about dlc for games you didn’t like, but actively taking pleasure in dlc being cancelled for other people who loved the game just feels... a bit mean spirited? :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ambivalence I totally get- I mean, I understand not caring about dlc for games you didn’t like, but actively taking pleasure in dlc being cancelled for other people who loved the game just feels... a bit mean spirited? :dunno: 

So what? I don't know all the details but them giving up on making the DLC means that someone higher up thought it may not be such a good idea, which makes me happy. Finally, someone at Naughty Dog showing they have functional brain cells. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

So what? I don't know all the details but them giving up on making the DLC means that someone higher up thought it may not be such a good idea, which makes me happy. Finally, someone at Naughty Dog showing they have functional brain cells. 

:huh:

Okay - if it's just schadenfreude I guess I understand - I can't get down with that, but I guess I can't argue against it either ?

Instead, all I can do is hope that ND change their minds and do some DLC for me to enjoy, and the hope that you find lots of games you like to play instead, and leave you with these:

:kiss:<3:kiss:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

My memory may be fuzzy, but wasn't TLOU2 during the lockdown? If so, this physical-only sales chart is kinda pointless. That said, I heard sales tanked on TLOU2 after the first month once everyone learned about the story, so it's not that surprising.

TLOU2 released in June, so would have been during most countries lockdowns. Although the table header suggests this is a physical AND digital so not sure that has an impact...?

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Okay - if it's just schadenfreude I guess I understand - I can't get down with that, but I guess I can't argue against it either 1f602.png

Think as you like. No one has the right to be angry and bitter at Naughty Dog, because you enjoyed TLOU2 right? 

• Like 1

Just now, HaserPL said:

Think as you like. No one has the right to be angry and bitter at Naughty Dog, because you enjoyed TLOU2 right? 

I didn't say that...

Everyone has the right to be angry and bitter at anything they like - I just don't have the tools to argue against it, is all.

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

My memory may be fuzzy, but wasn't TLOU2 during the lockdown? If so, this physical-only sales chart is kinda pointless. That said, I heard sales tanked on TLOU2 after the first month once everyone learned about the story, so it's not that surprising.

And there were a lot of returned copies of TLOU2 as I remember? But yeah, since false advertising was present in trailers, it's no wonder people returned the copies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

And there were a lot of returned copies of TLOU2 as I remember? But yeah, since false advertising was present in trailers, it's no wonder people returned the copies.

Hi there-  I recall that you are a big Metal Gear fan, Pirtle?

If you don't mind me asking - did you feel the same negative reaction to the "false advertising" in Metal Gear Solid 2 - where Snake was inserted into the Raiden parts to give the impression he was the main protagonist throughout?

The reason I'm asking is - MGS2 is the only other example I can recall of similar smoke-and-mirrors being used in pre-release materials to disguise the final games big plot twist reveals, but as a non-Metal Gear guy, I don't really have a sense of whether the fanbase was happy with that move at the time, or not?

The reaction to TLoU2 doing that seems to have been quite visceral in some circles, but I can't really get a sense of whether it's exclusive to that game or not?

Just curious, btw - no shade being cast here ☺️

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hi there-  I recall that you are a big Metal Gear fan, Pirtle?

If you don't mind me asking - did you feel the same negative reaction to the "false advertising" in Metal Gear Solid 2 - where Snake was inserted into the Raider parts to give the impression he was the main protagonist throughout?

The reason I'm asking is - MGS2 is the only other example I can recall of similar smoke-and-mirrors being used in pre-release materials to disguise the final games big plot twist reveals, but as a non-Metal Gear guy, I don't really have a sense of whether the fanbase was happy with that move at the time, or not?

The reaction to TLoU2 doing that seems to have been quite visceral in some circles, but I can't really get a sense of whether it's exclusive to that game or not?

Just curious, btw - no shade being cast here 263a.png

Glad you asked mate. Don't know if we can compare the two but in TLOU2 trailer, there was Joel with Ellie who said  ''You think I will let you do this on your own" and then in the game we got another character that says exactly that in the same scene. What the hell is that? They could have left that scene and put another one. Some think it is because the story was different and they've changed it or something but I don't think so.

For MGS2, at the time when MGS 2 was coming out, I didn't have the internet and that was 2001 I think. So I did see no trailer whatsoever, maybe read about it in some magazines and that's it. Saw some pictures and though cool, we gonna play with the woman as I thought that Raiden was a girl because of the hair lol. So, yeah I was surprised, but not angry as other fans (I found out that recently). I enjoyed the game and played it a lot, even more when Substance got out because of VR missions. 

If Snake was playable in the trailers in the Big Shell area then I could consider it false advertising as I don't recall that, and also if he was in some cutscenes instead of Raiden even more so. 

But swapping characters in some major cutscenes... that's a red flag to me. Again, if MGS2 did that, boo to them too.

Edit: I saw that you dont like Witcher 3 also? Really? Man, so people like you really do exist huh. :P

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Another topic full of angry people. You guys should go outside sometimes.

If a beloved game company makes so many people angry, I guess there was a reason right? Or not, I will go outside and leave you alone in your bubble where everyone loves ND.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Glad you asked mate. Don't know if we can compare the two but in TLOU2 trailer, there was Joel with Ellie who said  ''You think I will let you do this on your own" and then in the game we got another character that says exactly that in the same scene. What the hell is that? They could have left that scene and put another one. Some think it is because the story was different and they've changed it or something but I don't think so.

For MGS2, at the time when MGS 2 was coming out, I didn't have the internet and that was 2001 I think. So I did see no trailer whatsoever, maybe read about it in some magazines and that's it. Saw some pictures and though cool, we gonna play with the woman as I thought that Raiden was a girl because of the hair lol. So, yeah I was surprised, but not angry as other fans. I enjoyed the game and played it a lot, even more when Substance got out because of VR missions. 

If Snake was playable in the trailers in the Big Shell area then I could consider it false advertising as I don't recall that, and also if he was in some cutscenes instead of Raiden even more so. 

But swapping characters in some major cutscenes... that's a red flag to me. Again, if MGS2 did that, boo to them too.

It's been a long while, for sure, but as I recall, it was pretty similar, yeah.

TBH, didn't bother me then (I wasn't completely out of Metal Gear then - I did buy MGS2 though I wouldn't have called myself a 'fan' necessarily - more a casual player and I will say, it didn't bother me with TLoU2 either - though I can see the argument against it.

For me personally, the pre-release stuff is more about the feel and the gameplay more than the story - if it feels to me like they did an accurate job showing what the final gameplay will be like, and the final tone and tenor of the game, I'm kind of okay with it not being 'story-accurate' - though the one thing I will agree on is - trailers like that should really say so.

A quick "This trailer represents gameplay and not final story beats" up front would have been so easy to do - and would have alleviated all this nonsense - and still wouldn't have given away the stuff they were trying to keep under wraps!

It actually tends to bother me a bit more with movies - often there are scenes in trailers that don't make the final cut of the film, which is sort of understandable, but occasionally you get a trailer that seems to be for an entirely different movie and genre than the final one - and that's not okay ? 

One that really sticks out in my memory was the trailer for that Max Payne movie with Marky-Mark and Mila Kunas - I'd actually still like to see the movie that trailer was for.... because it sure as hell wasn't for the movie I saw ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Whoa, two games I really liked have seen strong sales this year, awesome! Not exactly sure why it necessarily warrants a whole forum topic to pit them against each other when really this is a massive win-win for Sony as it goes to show that exclusive titles are still very important. Funnily enough I saw reports of poor sales for both which these very figures categorically disprove. 

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I fucking hated The Witcher 3

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Funnily enough I saw reports of poor sales for both which these very figures categorically disprove. 

Yeah, I'm a little confused, too. People talked about Miles Morales as if it were a bomb when it was released.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2