iPod Touch or iPod Classic

Parker

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• iPod Classic
    • iPod Touch

I'm curious to see what my fellow forum goers prefer for their iPods.

I'm a Classic man myself. I don't like touchscreens, and I buy an MP3 player for music not checking FaceBook (which I'm also not a fan of. I don't understand people's obsession with FB.)

I recently went to a BestBuy to purchase a Classic and when looking at prices I noticed the 8gb iPod touch and 160gb iPod Classic were only $10 apart in price. I was astounded that people actually purchased the touch over the Classic when the prices were so similar. I guess people don't want MP3 players anymore...

Anywho, which do you all prefer any why? Any Zune people here? I still have the original brick Zune, although the wife cracked the screen. :unsure:

Parker

I don't have any of them any more, but if I was going out to buy an iPod right now, it would be the iPod Touch.

I'm already used to touchscreens, but the main thing it has over the Classic is of course the apps, which I would use quite a lot.

I used to have a classic until it broke which is when I got a touch. The only thing I feel the touch has over the classic is wi-fi and a small few apps like msn and aim. Sure it has other apps too but I find the majority of them are worthless and serve no use :\

Can I vote for "all Apple products are overpriced"?

I'd rather have an iTouch because mobile app development intrigues me, and I'd quite like to give it a crack, but if I'm going to do that I'll do it for Android.

I've had my Classic for 5 years now (woah...right?) so I've never even considered buying a Touch since my old one works perfectly fine. However, that being said, I'm the only person I know who still uses a Classic and not a Touch -_-.

And Pie, smartphones are totally worth it. I just hopped onto the bandwagon a few months ago and I have no idea how I survived without it. Plus, the games are awesome :D.

Can I vote for "all Apple products are overpriced"?

I'd rather have an iTouch because mobile app development intrigues me, and I'd quite like to give it a crack, but if I'm going to do that I'll do it for Android.

Nope, I don't feel like editing the poll. :P

I do agree though. They are overpriced, but I think the iPod's are very high quality products and Apple has absolutely fantastic customer support so I don't mind paying extra. I've literally smashed an iPod with a hammer to see if they'd replace it, and sure enough with no questions asked I got a brand new one. :lol:

Parker

Nope, I don't feel like editing the poll. :P

I do agree though. They are overpriced, but I think the iPod's are very high quality products and Apple has absolutely fantastic customer support so I don't mind paying extra. I've literally smashed an iPod with a hammer to see if they'd replace it, and sure enough with no questions asked I got a brand new one. :lol:

Well, when your products are notorious for breaking easily, you have to be generous with replacements - see the RRoD on the 360. I am glad that they have good customer service though, as from what I've seen all the so called "Apple geniuses" in the Apple stores I've been in are a bit daft, to put it nicely, and don't really know their stuff.

Well, when your products are notorious for breaking easily, you have to be generous with replacements - see the RRoD on the 360. I am glad that they have good customer service though, as from what I've seen all the so called "Apple geniuses" in the Apple stores I've been in are a bit daft, to put it nicely, and don't really know their stuff.

Are they really? That's honestly the first time I've heard that. We have multiple iPod within our family (my brother owns one or two, my wife has an older one) and they've been absolutely trouble free. Unless you're talking about the iPod touches because we've never had one long enough to give it a chance to break. I'm not saying you're wrong, maybe we've just been lucky.

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still listening to CD's & cassette tapes :D but if I ever do get one, I'd get the Classic. no need any stupid apps to distract me from my music.

Me too. Although a few days ago my truck decided to eat my Zeppelin tape so it looks like I'll have to upgrade to a CD player... I hate the way new head units look in older vehicles.

Parker

i believe that the ipod classic is way better than an ipod touch, that is why i jailbroke my ipod touch, and downloaded an app to simulate an ipod classic

pic:

270639_255001467847194_100000120274868_1237028_4484274_n.jpg

even thoguh i believe that the ipod touch has more possibilities, the ipod classic feels better, since its more simple. the ipod touch feels more like a product that can do "anything" but music is the last thing you use on it, because of how much stuff you can do on it... so it distracts you from actualy listening to music.

here is an example of what i did with my ipod touch

269699_255000161180658_100000120274868_1237021_5967227_n.jpg

283868_255000334513974_100000120274868_1237022_8180789_n.jpg

in order to actualy enjoy the ipod touch one bit, you have to do something illegal that voids the warrantee called "jailbreaking".

this is why i believe the ipod classic is better

• 2 weeks later...

i like the classic...the ipod is just a smartphone...it ruins the point of "music player" and although the classic has some extra fun tools, its not overdone like the touch...although you would be getting your $$$ worth for the touch, while the classic is overpriced

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would absolutely get the 32GB Touch. I bought one for my wife and it has so much more functionality than the Classic: larger screen, wifi, internet browsing capabilities, apps, etc. She is a stay at home mom, so being able to send an email, message or a brief internet search quickly has been a benefit of the Touch over turning her computer on, logging into email and typing an email with the kids climbing all over her.

From a technical point of view the Classic contains a mechanical hard drive which is prone to a higher rate of failure because of moving parts. You don't want to drop either one but I would put my money on a solid state drive on a device that will consistently be handle, jostled and shaken while it is playing. I wouldn't go running with a Classic. The solid state is a newer technology so it will be more expensive for a higher volume of storage. You’re getting more functionality for your money. If you feel strongly about the need to carry more than 64GB of music everywhere you go and have no use for any other features, by all means get a Classic.

• 1 year later...