DrBloodmoney's Super Scientific Ranking of Games!

DrBloodmoney

On 1/10/2023 at 7:20 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Le8b391.png

Dead Space Ignition

Summary: 

A fairly near idea as a tie-in to Dead Space 2 - a motion-comic choose your own adventure, mixed with puzzle game blend, serving both as a teaser, and potential tie-in / unlock for the (at the time, unreleased) bigger game - Dead Space Ignition was a novel concept... however, that novelty was about the only thing really noteworthy about it.

The motion-comic art is fairly uninspired - and actually, quite amateurish in places - and the three mini-games not particularly fun. A reverse-tower-defence game is the arguable highlight, but is rendered overly simplistic due to lack of real balancing, and can be generally beaten through sheer attrition, and the more "puzzle" mini-game - a laser reflection game is pretty basic. That one, while having some scope for fun - and a few good puzzles that do tickle the puzzle-itch. There is also a sort of Tron-style line-racing game, that is simply boring to play.

The actual motion comic story is perfectly serviceable, but to be honest, in a universe like Dead Space's, (which has shown, with Dead Space Extraction, that it can easily support a really good spin-off,) "serviceable" is damning by faint praise.

A cool concept, but makes for a very forgettable game - and while some knee-jerk excuse might be made, given the simplistic nature of the product, it is worth remembering that Metropolis: Lux Obscura took the very same concept - a motion comic choose your own adventure game, coupled it with just a single mini-game (in it's case, a good match-3 puzzler,) and made for a much better, nicer looking, more replayable, less frustrating, and much, much more interesting and enjoyable end product.

The Ranking:

Odd, not-quite-all-there eldritch space horror walking sim Moons of Madness is a pretty dull affair, but it certainly has more going for it than this version of eldritch-adjacent horror...

...but I do think that while Dead Space Ignition is pretty dull overall, it still has more here to keep the player interested than lacklustre puzzle-box game Access Denied.

Thus, it finds its spot.

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

I couldn't even commit to doing Dead Space 3 -- so this spin-off that seems to be somehow even worse than a main entry (at least, that's how it seems -- I have a very poor view on Dead Space 3) -- I don't think I would be able to amuse this title. Appreciate being spared.

Speaking of which... unless I misunderstand your checklist -- I'm able to nominate Dead Space 2 to be S-ranked, no? Not saying I would do that to you (but maybe I will, if you grant me that dangerous agency), but I recently did it and was shocked to see you didn't!

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Speaking of which... unless I misunderstand your checklist -- I'm able to nominate Dead Space 2 to be S-ranked, no? Not saying I would do that to you (but maybe I will, if you grant me that dangerous agency), but I recently did it and was shocked to see you didn't!

Nominations are for reviews of S-Ranked games, so Dead Space 2 doesn’t qualify, I’m afraid - I don’t have the S-Rank, so won’t review it.

Sorry!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nominations are for reviews of S-Ranked games, so Dead Space 2 doesn’t qualify, I’m afraid - I don’t have the S-Rank, so won’t review it.

Sorry!

Quite all right. May have misread/misunderstood your opening post (been a few months since I read it, and hadn't partaken in it prior, as you're no doubt aware). I apologize about that.

...I'm happy to not even see Dead Space 3 present. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Quite all right. May have misread/misunderstood your opening post (been a few months since I read it, and hadn't partaken in it prior, as you're no doubt aware). I apologize about that.

...I'm happy to not even see Dead Space 3 present. 1f605.png

yeah… I did hear tell about DS3, and think I just gave it the swerve!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 5:20 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

L3117a6.png

XBlaze Code: Embryo

Sorry, but I will never NOT laugh at the fact that you played (even if by mistake) a Blazblue related game ??? just thinking about your face seeing Es  ,her pudding obsession and her "pudding" composition makes me start laughing again.

Then I remember that I have to play this crappy visual novel (for a different event) and I stop laughing. Still funny tho xD 

This review and ranking is based entirely on what the game is like to play for someone unfamiliar with the overall story:

There is a very bland, rather un-characterised protagonist, (a man,) trying to solve the mystery of what a disaster a decade ago has to do with super-humans now causing havoc. As he meanders through the story, he encounters a bunch of other characters - pretty much exclusively hentai-level girls of indeterminately youthful demeanour, indescribably ample proportions and unfathomably skimpy attire - does a lot of amine wide-eye gesticulation... and solves the mystery in some way. 

Or something.

Or whatever.

Eh you pretty much nailed the Blazblue story xD in the main games you have an actually interesting protagonist with a "cool biker" attitude (to put it lightly) who has to deal with epic monsters, weirdly obsessed brothers, tons of girls of any (cup) sizes and shapes, and mumbo jumbo words.

And also gameplay is a fighting game. Which beats...whatever this game is.

No really, the Blazblue games are actually very good.

Maybe this all makes perfect sense to the BlazBlue fan... but for an outsider, I've never had a game put me off a franchise harder than this one. Even Fear Effect Sedna made me curious to see the earlier games. This one made me never want to bother.

Yeah no, I love Blazblue but the prospect of going through X-Blaze makes me groan. Imma turbo it, as the Gods of Fighting games and Anime intended, because this game feels like the equivalent of "Fever Dream 18+ DLC" or something compared to the main series.
And yes the diehard fans love the visual novel, still gonna skip it xD 

Now...that I laughed a bit (hah), I actually have a request...for a game that we talked about before, of course if you still remember it - 3D DOT HEROES.

Whenever that will be, please add it in a "Priority" list, I heard legends about this game :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Now...that I laughed a bit (hah), I actually have a request...for a game that we talked about before, of course if you still remember it - 3D DOT HEROES.

Whenever that will be, please add it in a "Priority" list, I heard legends about this game :D 

Good shout - I'll add it to the Priority list ?

...just know though - it may take a while, as I've at least two batches of catch-up to go, and there are a few rather embarrassingly long awaited Priority Assignments still outstanding!

• Like 2

newtestsubjects.jpg

269b.png!!SCIENCE UPDATE!!269b.png

The next 5 (not, this time,) randomly selected games to be submitted for scientific analysis shall be:

Toem
Twelve Minutes
Metrico+
Norco

Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

Playing catch-up from the Festive Break, (and adding a quick one on the end, in order to finally catch up after the holiday game-glut!) so still no Priority Rankings here, BUT...

...I promise I will be doing some of the 4 outstanding Priority Rankings as will fit next batch as possible! I know some folks have been waiting a while, and I can only apologise!

Can 'Current Most Awesome' game, Hitman 3, fend off all new adversaries?

Is gaming butt-plug LA Cops going to pop out and be replaced as 'Least Awesome Game'?

Let's find out, Science Chums!

• Like 4

On 1/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

results.jpg

1f4c9.png1f913.png NEW SCIENTIFIC RESULTS ARE IN! 1f913.png1f4c8.png

Once again, I have fallen behind on my favorite journal of modern science. For shame!

Lb43a81.png

Heavenly Bodies

I really need to peep out this and Lovers!

Heavenly Bodies definitely sounds interesting. I've always had a weird fear of outer space (even still as an adult nearing middle age, it still freaks me out if I think about it for too long!) and this seems like a perfect way to play on that. An amalgam of freaky and cutesy, I could be into that!

Also I will heed the advice and not make the same mistake I made with Overcooked - find a partner and enjoy it as it was intended!

L14db7e.png

The Entropy Centre

I hate to reduce such a fantastic write-up, but you really could've just said "Portal 2" and mic dropped that shit. I remember you talking about this before, the comparison paired with your enthusiasm drew my interest right away. I'm about the Aperture Science-but-not-really vibes here, especially since it appears that Stubby really did their homework!

Also I need to play Observation, it's sitting in the hard drive just waiting to be called up.

Lb572f8.png

Treasures of the Aegean

It's a surprising rarity to see you write about a game I already own, though am yet to play. Copa is responsible for the purchase, and you have provided a friendly but firm "move this up the list bro, trust."

Honestly a 2D adventure with puzzles, good music, and an intriguing look would do me some good. Also, the game's image is great - I love the dude in black pointing so dramatically, and those guys in blue look so clueless. I can't help getting a Shredder with Bebop and Rocksteady feel?

On 1/24/2023 at 9:31 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

L20eea1.png

Toem

This one looks so charming!

I made a point to download it right away, so this will likely be my first PS5 game, whenever that time comes. I've seen it around, with the kind review here and there, but this is the first time I feel I really understand what it's going for. And it sounds dope!

You also gave me a gentle reminder that I want to check out Chicory - though that's in the class of games where I really feel like it'll be worth it to wait for the PS5 version! A class that grows larger by the day?‍?

L487a8d.png

Twelve Minutes

Yaayyy!!!

I confess to having a hint of concern that you'd be like "THIS WAS A MASTERPIECE" and I'd find myself thinking "fuck, am I dumb? Did I just not get it??"

Complete agreement on all counts. I found it so frustrating because there's a great deal of good here! I love the set-up, the voice acting, and so many of the little creative flourishes. Even some of the missables were a great idea, the paintings for instance, but the whole story feeling like a missable unto itself was a bit much. To get so many interesting pieces of this puzzle just to be slapped with a dead end for not being fascinated with the right piece first and having to start over gets old fast.

Also, for the most part I greatly enjoyed the story, but (one thing in particular) towards the end felt like they wrote themselves into a corner, or were just trying to top each other in the writing room, maybe both. The mystery of it all had me in the palm of its hand til that came up to seriously challenge my suspension of disbelief!

Really glad you played this one. For all its flaws it was still deserving of scientific analysis!

La37889.png

Norco

78uv1j.jpg

Bloodmoney!

Whenever I relent (or indeed make it to 2024 with a fatter wallet), this will assuredly be in that shopping spree! There's just too many great things here - Wes Anderson and David Lynch, Louisiana with bipedal robots, genuine oddity, writing that knocked you on your ass, a Vangelis Twin sludge soundtrack that can hang with Transistor's - who wouldn't want in on this?

Great work as always homie?

• Like 3

I really didn't have time to reply here. Goddamn...uh...gaming xD 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:17 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Lb572f8.png

Treasures of the Aegean

Not gonna lie, I was abit nervous about this game. I loved playing it so I hyped it ...maybe abit too much, was afraid you wouldn't like it. Glad it wasn't the case :D 

The biggest shocker for me is that I enjoyed a platformer - the bane of my existence in videogames. Yet somehow this one was incredibly catchy and satisfying. You actually mentioned it best here:

On 1/16/2023 at 11:17 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

The game is exceptionally well constructed, never wastes anything, and is predicated on a movement model and mechanical design that genuinely rivals - and often exceeds - the sense of speed and fun found in much higher budget, much bigger games. The puzzles are good, the level design is impressive, and the visuals - and indeed, the whole presentation - are a joy to see.

This game DOESN'T WASTE YOUR TIME! Everything you do has a purpose or leads towards a puzzle or a collectible. Also the first game where collectibles are essential to your gameplay - can't say I ever saw this kind of mechanic anywhere else.

Swear, if I encountered a physical copy of this game I'd buy it in a heartbeat xD the devs should definitely do more of these types of games!

To my shame...I can't say I know any of the other games that you played. Other than Norco, I'll check it out, please don't hunt us down ?

(I should also fire up Voice of Cards Forsaken Maiden - don't forget to review that!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Once again, I have fallen behind on my favorite journal of modern science. For shame!

I really need to peep out this and Lovers!

Heavenly Bodies definitely sounds interesting. I've always had a weird fear of outer space (even still as an adult nearing middle age, it still freaks me out if I think about it for too long!) and this seems like a perfect way to play on that. An amalgam of freaky and cutesy, I could be into that!

Also I will heed the advice and not make the same mistake I made with Overcooked - find a partner and enjoy it as it was intended!

Oooft - Overcooked solo? That sounds like a thing!

For sure, both Lovers and Heavenly Bodies you really need that two hander. They CAN be played solo - they have the facility... but TBH, I'd say it's all a bit...

joey-tribbiani-joey-friends.gif

I hate to reduce such a fantastic write-up, but you really could've just said "Portal 2" and mic dropped that shit. I remember you talking about this before, the comparison paired with your enthusiasm drew my interest right away. I'm about the Aperture Science-but-not-really vibes here, especially since it appears that Stubby really did their homework!

Also I need to play Observation, it's sitting in the hard drive just waiting to be called up.

Damn - I forgot you hadn't done Observation!

Yeah, no excuse on that one - it's like a 4 hour game - but man, do they pack some ideas into those 4 hours!

Entropy Centre is definitely one you should keep an eye on though - like I said, it's no Portal 2 (nothing is, really,) but it's its own thing, and genuinely really good. One thing I'll say though, while Portal 2 absolutely grabs you from minute 1, with Entropy, it took me a few chapters to really get in a groove with it... so stick with it if you do!

It's a surprising rarity to see you write about a game I already own, though am yet to play. Copa is responsible for the purchase, and you have provided a friendly but firm "move this up the list bro, trust."

Honestly a 2D adventure with puzzles, good music, and an intriguing look would do me some good. Also, the game's image is great - I love the dude in black pointing so dramatically, and those guys in blue look so clueless. I can't help getting a Shredder with Bebop and Rocksteady feel1f602.png

Lol - those guys are laughably clueless and useless in the game too - I love it!

This one looks so charming!

I made a point to download it right away, so this will likely be my first PS5 game, whenever that time comes. I've seen it around, with the kind review here and there, but this is the first time I feel I really understand what it's going for. And it sounds dope!

You also gave me a gentle reminder that I want to check out Chicory - though that's in the class of games where I really feel like it'll be worth it to wait for the PS5 version! A class that grows larger by the day1f62e.png1f4a8.png

Oooooooh - yeah. Of those two, Chicory is the one - that game is dope AF. Toem is good, don't get me wrong, and the much quicker game to plat (5-6 hours vs. 20-30) and since it was PS+, basically free - but for sure don't sleep on Chicory!

Yaayyy!!!

I confess to having a hint of concern that you'd be like "THIS WAS A MASTERPIECE" and I'd find myself thinking "fuck, am I dumb? Did I just not get it??"

Complete agreement on all counts. I found it so frustrating because there's a great deal of good here! I love the set-up, the voice acting, and so many of the little creative flourishes. Even some of the missables were a great idea, the paintings for instance, but the whole story feeling like a missable unto itself was a bit much. To get so many interesting pieces of this puzzle just to be slapped with a dead end for not being fascinated with the right piece first and having to start over gets old fast.

Also, for the most part I greatly enjoyed the story, but (one thing in particular) towards the end felt like they wrote themselves into a corner, or were just trying to top each other in the writing room, maybe both. The mystery of it all had me in the palm of its hand til that came up to seriously challenge my suspension of disbelief!

Really glad you played this one. For all its flaws it was still deserving of scientific analysis!

Yeah - I had heard a lot of negativity, but you playing it and at least having some good stuff to say kept it in the wishlist, and TBH, I'm glad I played it - it just made so many silly, self-defeating mistakes in implementation!

Still though, plenty of interesting stuff in there - and I suspect that some lessons might be learned for another game down the road!

78uv1j.jpg

Bloodmoney!

Whenever I relent (or indeed make it to 2024 with a fatter wallet), this will assuredly be in that shopping spree! There's just too many great things here - Wes Anderson and David Lynch, Louisiana with bipedal robots, genuine oddity, writing that knocked you on your ass, a Vangelis Twin sludge soundtrack that can hang with Transistor's - who wouldn't want in on this?

Great work as always homie1f44a.png

I know, I know - I talk a good game about a lot of games, and my enthusiasm tends to be a fire-hose, rather than a laser-target....

...but for real now, no fooling.... Norco is one of those games.

I shall not rest until everyone in our little cartel has played it, because it is just so damned cool.

SO DAMNED COOL!

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

I really didn't have time to reply here. Goddamn...uh...gaming xD 

Not gonna lie, I was abit nervous about this game. I loved playing it so I hyped it ...maybe abit too much, was afraid you wouldn't like it. Glad it wasn't the case :D 

The biggest shocker for me is that I enjoyed a platformer - the bane of my existence in videogames. Yet somehow this one was incredibly catchy and satisfying. You actually mentioned it best here:

This game DOESN'T WASTE YOUR TIME! Everything you do has a purpose or leads towards a puzzle or a collectible. Also the first game where collectibles are essential to your gameplay - can't say I ever saw this kind of mechanic anywhere else.

Swear, if I encountered a physical copy of this game I'd buy it in a heartbeat xD the devs should definitely do more of these types of games!

Yeah man - props to you - this is one I never would have noticed, most likely, but the fact that it was a platformer (of all genres!) that you were recommending had my interest piqued for sure!

Also, I gotta say - platforming and controls aside - the whole "the whole game is one big puzzle, and no run is ever wasted" thing...

...if that was something you dug...

...that open up a whole avenue of games I can recommend... OUTER WILDS!

ahem.

sorry.

OUTER WILDS!

sorry!

I really don't know what keeps happenOUTERWILDS!

...ing.

To my shame...I can't say I know any of the other games that you played. Other than Norco, I'll check it out, please don't hunt us down 1f602.png

(I should also fire up Voice of Cards Forsaken Maiden - don't forget to review that!)

How dare you publicly point out that my record-keeping was suspect, and in my haste to get to the Norco review, I straight up skipped over VoC: The Forsaken Maiden! ?

No excuse, beyond my failure to add it to the Science Spreadsheet - I'll get a review in next batch. TBH, it's not even going to be a hugely onerous one, as most of the core aspects are fundamentally the same as the original game - but I do think it's the superior game of the two!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

newtestsubjects.jpg

269b.png!!SCIENCE UPDATE!!269b.png

The next (somewhat) randomly selected games to be submitted for scientific analysis shall be:

Legacy

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Red Dead Redemption
Superhot: Mind Control Delete

New

Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden
Tetris Effect

Subject(s) in RED marked for 274e.pngPRIORITY ASSIGNEMENT274e.png

[Care of @Zvetiki, @det_gittes & @grayhammmer ]

Can 'Current Most Awesome' game, Hitman 3, continue its glorious reign?

Is gaming turdlet LA Cops ever going to lose the title of 'Least Awesome Game'?

Let's find out, Science Chums!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

...and this element is doubled-down on further, by one curious addition: Tetris Effect can use VR.

While not in any way a requirement, using the VR headset with Tetris Effect is something that should be experienced by anyone with the facility, as the effect is pretty mind-blowing. Rather than taking up the edge of the screen, the various effects, the thumps from the blocks slamming down, the particle effects etc. seem to happen all around the player - and in combination with the music, it makes for a truly awesome kaleidoscopic experience.

It is one thing for the flat-screen to suddenly brighten upon clearing a set of lines, suddenly showing a background of hot air balloons, for example. That is cool, but just an interesting little background thing. In VR though? When that moment doesn't simple change a screen wallpaper, and instead, an explosion of light suddenly sees the player floating hundreds of feet in the air, with colourful hot air balloons all around them, some so close they feel they could reach out and touch them, the effect is mesmerising.

When - at one stage - the screen changes from a mechanical looking interior, to a view of space, and a space-station in the background, that seems simply a nice artistic shot. It's only in VR though, that the player sees they are actually fully contained within a spaceship loading dock - one they can see rendered in full 360 degrees around them... and then witness the hatch blow, and find themselves floating in space... and be able to look down, and see the Earth hundreds of miles below.

Yeah, I've been hearing how good Tetris is in VR from people that played it. Besides the artistic effects, the VR is said to be a preferred way to play for the performance reasons - the framerate is higher and the input lag is apparently much lower. There was even some video where a pro player compared the two modes and was doing better in VR. I'm just fascinated by this game and its existence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slava said:

Yeah, I've been hearing how good Tetris is in VR from people that played it. Besides the artistic effects, the VR is said to be a preferred way to play for the performance reasons - the framerate is higher and the input lag is apparently much lower. There was even some video where a pro player compared the two modes and was doing better in VR. I'm just fascinated by this game and its existence.

Interesting - must admit, I played most of the "serious" games on the PS5, so without the VR option available, but since platting it, I have switched it back to my PS4, so I can use the VR more often - I can't say I actually do any better in VR, (in fact, I generally do much worse)... but I think that might be more to do with constantly getting distracted looking around at all the awesome shit around me ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Interesting - must admit, I played most of the "serious" games on the PS5, so without the VR option available, but since platting it, I have switched it back to my PS4, so I can use the VR more often - I can't say I actually do any better in VR, (in fact, I generally do much worse)... but I think that might be more to do with constantly getting distracted looking around at all the awesome shit around me 1f602.png

Sorry, I meant a preferred way for this game in particular. That video was about Tetris Effect, and a Tetris pro was the one playing, so maybe the result doesn't extrapolate well to other games and genres ?. It was also pre-PS5 days.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grayhammmer said:

Oh wow, GTA 6 already came out?!

But seriously, this was a really good write-up, especially for Tetris Effect. As for my next request, I will ask for an analysis of Puyo Puyo Tetris because you can never have enough Tetris.

D'oh!

Man, that typo was bound to happen at some point! :facepalm:

Anyways, moving on...  Puyo Puyo Tetris added to the priority list, with your name ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

results.jpg

1f4c9.png1f913.png NEW SCIENTIFIC RESULTS ARE IN! 1f913.png1f4c8.png

You've settled into quite a nice little groove, sir! Cranking these out, I love it?

L8deb0e.png

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

This is one of those games that never particularly appealed to me, but I keep seeing it being played and enjoyed to the point where I'm clearly missing out on something.

To YouTube!

L73f9a0.png

Red Dead Redemption

Fantastic work!

Obviously I agree with everything here, but there's two things in particular that I'm really glad you pointed out: the lack of attempted satire and more muted tone resulting in far sharper writing and better jokes (Let's call NASDAQ "BAWSAC" CUZ IT SOUNDS LIKE BALLSACK AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA) and the outstanding foley work. I remember riding my horse in a marsh, and the sound of its hooves hitting the wet surface was just so accurate, I genuinely stopped what I was doing just to pay attention to that.

I'm also really happy to see it placed so highly! Go Red Dead!

Lf8bcdd.png

Tetris Effect

I am still so impressed that you knocked this one out, the breakneck speeds required made my eyes bleed. So congrats again on that!

I love Tetris, and I always forget that I love it til I'm playing it or a knock off, maybe I should just buy it and accept that I may never master it. Oh, and VR Tetris sounds fucking amazing!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

You've settled into quite a nice little groove, sir! Cranking these out, I love it1f60e.png

This is one of those games that never particularly appealed to me, but I keep seeing it being played and enjoyed to the point where I'm clearly missing out on something.

To YouTube!

Cheers m'dude!

Yeah, I wonder with Phoenix Wright - part of me thinks it would be right up your alley - given our shared love of mysteries like The Forgotten City - but that game is an odd one in relation to the Ace Attorney games - on the one hand, I do think it's the same basic itch... but on the other hand, the ways in which The Forgotten City really is adaptable and fits around the path the player takes really does show up how rigid those older games were...

...still though - worth seeing at least one of them, to get a sense of how it goes - they are charming as hell!

Fantastic work!

Obviously I agree with everything here, but there's two things in particular that I'm really glad you pointed out: the lack of attempted satire and more muted tone resulting in far sharper writing and better jokes (Let's call NASDAQ "BAWSAC" CUZ IT SOUNDS LIKE BALLSACK AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA) and the outstanding foley work. I remember riding my horse in a marsh, and the sound of its hooves hitting the wet surface was just so accurate, I genuinely stopped what I was doing just to pay attention to that.

I'm also really happy to see it placed so highly! Go Red Dead!

Ha-  I was bracing to get yelled at for not ranking it higher actually - I know Red Dead is one of those games a lot of folks cite as one of the GOATs - and it's definitely a beast of a game... I just think Rockstar's self-love is a little to strong to be completely nullified by any game... this one and Bully probably get the closest though!

I am still so impressed that you knocked this one out, the breakneck speeds required made my eyes bleed. So congrats again on that!

I love Tetris, and I always forget that I love it til I'm playing it or a knock off, maybe I should just buy it and accept that I may never master it. Oh, and VR Tetris sounds fucking amazing!!

Thanks man - it was a rough one for sure... though it can't be denied that if a game takes that long to do, and kicks my ass so much, and I'm still playing it after finishing... 

...that's gotta be a game with some magic!

• Like 2

@DrBloodmoney great write up for Ace Attorney ?. I would definitely recommend you check out The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, it has the same charm as the original trilogy and a really intriguing mystery throughout all the cases, but being designed for current consoles the animations are a lot smoother. Plus of course, Herlock Sholmes absolutely steals the show ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

@DrBloodmoney great write up for Ace Attorney 1f60a.png. I would definitely recommend you check out The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, it has the same charm as the original trilogy and a really intriguing mystery throughout all the cases, but being designed for current consoles the animations are a lot smoother. Plus of course, Herlock Sholmes absolutely steals the show 1f601.png

Cheers Heather - I might just do that actually - writing about the original games has reminded me how much I enjoyed that series!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

@DrBloodmoney a great bunch of write ups as usual my man!

Happy to see Phoenix Wright place decently on the list. Playing it on PS4 was my first experience with the series and I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the same aspects as yourself. Brilliant characters, and the overarching plot was just enough mystery to keep you on your toes as you worked through the cases.

Always glad to see Red Dead doing well as well. A much better series that GTA in my opinion, and I played the shit out of this one on the Xbox. Me and my mates used to spend literal weekends just playing online and grinding out Tesoro Azul to level up? I couldn't see Red Dead 2 on your profile, but I think you'll love that if/when you get to it based on this review.

Just a quick one, is TLoU Part 2 not eligible for a ranking because of the title update? I know you only tend to rate S Ranks and I can see you have the plat but not the extra trophies. If this is eligible, I would love to see your write up for it!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 3