Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I think this one might be the opposite so I've tagged them that way for now - The person that owns this stack is from Denmark and only buys EU games, and the person that owns this stack is from the UK but for some reason mostly buys NA games.

On 1/14/2023 at 11:52 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15206-huntdown is seemingly Japan-Physical-only, as it exists here: https://www.play-asia.com/huntdown-english/13/70eu81, but not store page comes up for the title-id CUSA29498

Did the main list have a physical version? Or was it a limited run physical edition and this was the list for that? Meaning should this be the "PH" list?

Edited by BlindMango

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

I think this one might be the opposite so I've tagged them that way for now - The person that owns this stack is from Denmark and only buys EU games, and the person that owns this stack is from the UK but for some reason mostly buys NA games.

If I'm wrong, then please correct my submission :).

• Like 1

Stroke series

Won't list all due to there being a little more than 4 full result pages of these games, lovely shovelware. ?

Also might point out that despite the developer/publisher being correctly added to the metadata of the stacks, these queries return empty results:

15 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Stroke series

Won't list all due to there being a little more than 4 full result pages of these games, lovely shovelware. 1f60d.png

Also might point out that despite the developer/publisher being correctly added to the metadata of the stacks, these queries return empty results:

We no longer support series for these types of games. The only ones that have tentative support are those that have already been made prior to November 2022. We are waiting on a site update before we make changes to some planned series formatting changing. Nevertheless, these games will not get a series, even in those planned changes.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Dreggit said:

We no longer support series for these types of games. The only ones that have tentative support are those that have already been made prior to November 2022. We are waiting on a site update before we make changes to some planned series formatting changing. Nevertheless, these games will not get a series, even in those planned changes.

Ok, thanks for the update.

So shovelware will no longer be grouped on PSNProfiles?

Is there a forum post that specifies what is defined as shovelware because I'm a bit confused as to what games to request series for now..

What qualifies as shovelware and thereby will not be grouped in series? Is it the average completion time? The number of stacks? Multiple releases of the same game on various platforms? Is there a threshold as to when a non-shovelware game becomes classified as shovelware, in other words can a franchise of be supported as a "series" here but later on fall out of favor, how is the line of demarcation defined?

Just a personal opinion, but I find it ridiculous that a website like PSNProfiles which in part aims to index and catalog the entire library of trophy-supported games is opinionated when it comes to what should be cataloged. I understand that shovelware have become an increasing headache due to the sheer volume and output but nevertheless an indexing website should remain true to its core task and remain agnostic and comprehensive. Perhaps a better set of tools and an improved workflow can be implemented to alleviate some of the burden, anything else would just compromise what this website aims to be. I would say that series are way more useful for consumers of shovelware than they are for those that don't.
Example: If you're aiming to complete all games in the following 2 series and one of them had to be removed or not created in the first place, which one would you choose:

On 3/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

This was never addressed btw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Ok, thanks for the update.

So shovelware will no longer be grouped on PSNProfiles?

Is there a forum post that specifies what is defined as shovelware because I'm a bit confused as to what games to request series for now..

What qualifies as shovelware and thereby will not be grouped in series? Is it the average completion time? The number of stacks? Multiple releases of the same game on various platforms? Is there a threshold as to when a non-shovelware game becomes classified as shovelware, in other words can a franchise of be supported as a "series" here but later on fall out of favor, how is the line of demarcation defined?

Just a personal opinion, but I find it ridiculous that a website like PSNProfiles which in part aims to index and catalog the entire library of trophy-supported games is opinionated when it comes to what should be cataloged. I understand that shovelware have become an increasing headache due to the sheer volume and output but nevertheless an indexing website should remain true to its core task and remain agnostic and comprehensive. Perhaps a better set of tools and an improved workflow can be implemented to alleviate some of the burden, anything else would just compromise what this website aims to be. I would say that series are way more useful for consumers of shovelware than they are for those that don't.
Example: If you're aiming to complete all games in the following 2 series and one of them had to be removed or not created in the first place, which one would you choose:

See here:

• Like 2

Even tho it says "Creaks (Simplified Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese)" it's not AS. I have EU and NA installed, and after purchasing from HK store I couldn't download it. Said something like "ready to play" or whatever, and after looking further into it, surprise:

EU: CUSA18643

NA: CUSA18647

HK: CUSA18647

KR: CUSA18647

ID: CUSA18647

JP: CUSA19552

It's mistagged and JP ???? Another day and lesson for don't trust anybody but yourself ?.

Edited by Cloud_SOLDAT
  • Like 1