PS4 saves transfer to the PS5 version, but do the trophies automatically pop?

Just now, lordzeze said:

Only game that has that is Hitman 3 and that is because all your progress is saved to the servers.

Nioh 2 also allows you to cross save and auto pop trophies between PS5 and PS4, except for a small handful.

10 minutes ago, McJacs2 said:

Nioh 2 also allows you to cross save and auto pop trophies between PS5 and PS4, except for a small handful.

Didn't know about that one but Nioh 2 came out on PS4 before PS5 so a lot of people probably already started on the PS4 version (like with R6 Siege and Rogue Company). I think Hitman 3 is the only game that allows PS5 to PS4 save transfer where the PS4 and PS5 versions came out the same day.

Edited by lordzeze

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

You can transfer PS5 saves to PS4 in Immortals Fenyx Rising too, and I think AC Valhalla.

But did they fix the issues with the trophies popping when you transfer saves because last I checked at least for AC a bunch of the trophies will not unlock if you transfer a 100% save to the other system, so you end up having to repeat a bunch of stuff.

Some do pop. The goats popped check my profile. Finishing the game and bookworm did not so doing that then transferring my data over before I do the speed run so I got all the stuff and before the last merc mission do not want to do them all over again

Just to clarify/consolidate what other people have said about PS4->PS5 trophy popping:

• The "Heretic" trophy for destroying all goats autopops after you transfer your PS4 save file to PS5.
  • If you upload your PS4 save *before* beating the final boss, and then beat the final boss on PS5 (BEFORE unlocking the challenges menu), then a few other trophies like the ball-kicking one may unlock for you. I didn't have any luck with this method, but someone in another thread did, so you may get a handful of miscellaneous trophies this way.
  • Most other trophies will NOT auto-pop. For the most part, this is not a huge deal since you should be making many manual saves in different locations of the game anyway, and those saves can be used to mop up most trophies quickly.
  • Just repeating an action will earn you the corresponding trophy. For example, if you have already unlocked "Bookworm" on PS4, then reading any file *that you have not yet read on that particular playthrough of the game* will unlock the Bookworm trophy.
  • The one exception to the above point is the trophy for opening all 10 outhouses -- these all have to be done on a single playthrough, and it can't be re-triggered if you already opened all 10 outhouses on your transferred save. So make a manual save on PS4 in Moreau's area before opening outhouse #10, and do not overwrite it.
  • Use manual saves before each story-related trophy point to easily unlock those. You can even make these on your 2nd or 3rd playthrough so that you don't have to worry about this during your first.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Just to clarify/consolidate what other people have said about PS4->PS5 trophy popping:

• The "Heretic" trophy for destroying all goats autopops after you transfer your PS4 save file to PS5.
  • If you upload your PS4 save *before* beating the final boss, and then beat the final boss on PS5 (BEFORE unlocking the challenges menu), then a few other trophies like the ball-kicking one may unlock for you. I didn't have any luck with this method, but someone in another thread did, so you may get a handful of miscellaneous trophies this way.
  • Most other trophies will NOT auto-pop. For the most part, this is not a huge deal since you should be making many manual saves in different locations of the game anyway, and those saves can be used to mop up most trophies quickly.
  • Just repeating an action will earn you the corresponding trophy. For example, if you have already unlocked "Bookworm" on PS4, then reading any file *that you have not yet read on that particular playthrough of the game* will unlock the Bookworm trophy.
  • The one exception to the above point is the trophy for opening all 10 outhouses -- these all have to be done on a single playthrough, and it can't be re-triggered if you already opened all 10 outhouses on your transferred save. So make a manual save on PS4 in Moreau's area before opening outhouse #10, and do not overwrite it.
  • Use manual saves before each story-related trophy point to easily unlock those. You can even make these on your 2nd or 3rd playthrough so that you don't have to worry about this during your first.

This is a clear and concise list. Thanks (even though I'll be playing PS5 first down the line whenever I play it)

6 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Can confirm. Basically it requires 1.5 more playthroughs after the transfer. 

Can you please elaborate? 

also do I need to play mercenaries again in PS5? I have them unlocked in my PS4

2 hours ago, Khalid said:

Can you please elaborate? 

also do I need to play mercenaries again in PS5? I have them unlocked in my PS4

No. If you've done them all on S rank, just play once more and it should pop. Other trophies require a further action to pop, so if you don't have a save for VoS difficulty, you'll need to do it again. Shooting windows, knifing an arrow, killing minibosses and all the other misc trophies require to do again. The collectibles did not pop for me either, even when re collecting them on a transferred save file. May need a fresh file to pop trophy.

Edited by GTAJJ

On 5/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, lordzeze said:

Only game that has that is Hitman 3 and that is because all your progress is saved to the servers.

Also Outriders has auto pop from PS5 to PS4 and vice versa. I got platinum on PS5 and then loaded up PS4 version and all trophies unlocked on the lobby screen. All trophies are tied to accolades on their servers. 

Nothing auto-popped for me immediately except for the heretic (shoot all goats) and cynic (shoot a goat). I was worried so this was gonna happen so I made some saves before specific parts. What I did was 

1. Save just before the final boss for my knife only/frugal/speed run in 1 file. Also, have all gun but 1 fully upgraded to get the upgrade trophies. 

2. Same as above but with my village of shadows run 

3. Have 770 currency so you can just sell 1 rifle ammo 

4. For mapmatcian, save just after the factory boss (I forgot to do this but in hindsight I should’ve) 

everything else can be done in 1 play through after that (also play 1 mercenaries if you have the S on all maps trophy, doesn’t have to be an s rank just finish it or die immediately lol). Hope this helps someone 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman
Spelling

On 2021-05-06 at 4:50 PM, lordzeze said:

Didn't know about that one but Nioh 2 came out on PS4 before PS5 so a lot of people probably already started on the PS4 version (like with R6 Siege and Rogue Company). I think Hitman 3 is the only game that allows PS5 to PS4 save transfer where the PS4 and PS5 versions came out the same day.

rogue company pops both ways and also cross platform with xbox