Will these games use two trophy lists?

I like the idea of a shared list for cumulative trophies (e.g., the kill-based ones), but putting the Insanity difficulty trophies on the shared list instead of the base game lists is a cop-out.

It's just another way of devs making a platinum easy so as to not scare people away, while still having hard trophies required for 100%. It's the same reason that first-party games typically have no difficulty-related trophies on the base list nowadays, but then a free DLC pack is released that adds NG+ and ultra-difficulty trophies.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I like the idea of a shared list for cumulative trophies (e.g., the kill-based ones), but putting the Insanity difficulty trophies on the shared list instead of the base game lists is a cop-out.

It's just another way of devs making a platinum easy so as to not scare people away, while still having hard trophies required for 100%. It's the same reason that first-party games typically have no difficulty-related trophies on the base list nowadays, but then a free DLC pack is released that adds NG+ and ultra-difficulty trophies.

Yep, pretty sure that’s the strategy. Wrong approach in your view? Makes good business sense but not good from a different perspective? I’m sure a good debate amongst the gaming/trophy hunting community. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Hitman 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Driveclub, Train Sim World 2, and Dead by Daylight all have multiple trophy lists for one game, though Driveclub is the only one to have 2 platinums for one game 1f609.png

As does https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1435-シェルノサージュ失われた星へ捧ぐ詩 and Train Sim World 1. I'm sure Minecraft will get one eventually. Prolly Hitman 3 too at some point. 

7 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

This didn't get you the Paramour achievement back on the 360, so unless they've amended this, I'd say probably not.

Yeah true enough, hopefully they have amended it, I'd never cheat on blue best girl. So it could be the case of just doing another character playthrough

23 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

The Pinnacle station DLC isn't included in the remaster as Bioware said they couldn't salvage the code and would take months to reverse engineer it or something like that.

That's the only thing missing from the remaster, besides multiplayer.

What a shame. But that's understandable. Did they lose the developer's code for that DLC, or was it too much of a code jungle to fit into their timetable for the Legendary Edition Remaster? I hope they do get around to salvaging it and adding it in later as free DLC, but I'll be more than happy to have the Trilogy once again. I just hope they don't bork the launch like they did Anthem.

23 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

What a shame. But that's understandable. Did they lose the developer's code for that DLC, or was it too much of a code jungle to fit into their timetable for the Legendary Edition Remaster? I hope they do get around to salvaging it and adding it in later as free DLC, but I'll be more than happy to have the Trilogy once again. I just hope they don't bork the launch like they did Anthem.

If I remember right the DLC was outsourced to another company and that company lost the source code i think

57 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

If I remember right the DLC was outsourced to another company and that company lost the source code i think

Ouch. Why is it when I hear something that messed up, it's usually because they outsourced it to someone else. Ironically enough, the one time it wasn't the 3rd Party's fault was when the Silent Hill HD got outsourced, and they gave the 3rd Party an unfinished version of the source code.

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah the Source Code was Corrupted or something and it would have taken them 6 Months to redo the DLC (like they'd pretty much have to Remake it themselves) the one thing that has me curious is that the Achievement List for Legendary Edition has all the Achievements in the one list, however the Total Gamerscore only comes out to around 2900Gs instead of 3000Gs (not sure about other "Trilogy" packs but Spyro had 3000Gs so makes sense) I'm thinking they may actually go ahead and Remake the DLC and add it in around December or so, like they said should take about 6 Months, could explain the Missing ~100Gs... I bet it'd be Paid since it's EA though ? regardless no loss that it's missing ?

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:38 PM, PatinumNumemon said:

Hitman 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Driveclub, Train Sim World 2, and Dead by Daylight all have multiple trophy lists for one game, though Driveclub is the only one to have 2 platinums for one game 1f609.png

Monster Hunter World has two platinums. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is an expansion, not a stand-alone, and is not playable without the base game. But it has its own trophy list with a platinum.