Will these games use two trophy lists?

Think it would be neat if you were playing Mass Effect 1, and you'd had your Mass Effect 1 trophy list:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12901-legendary-edition-mass-effect

But also have the shared list for trophies that span multiple game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12900-mass-effect-legendary-edition

I would like that, I think

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I tried understanding what this topic is trying to say, I really did. But I have zero clue what you're asking or saying. 

He is trying to say it would be cool if you played the Mass Effect 1 Remastered and both trophy lists on your account... Which is exactly what happens lmao.

10 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Think it would be neat if you were playing Mass Effect 1, and you'd had your Mass Effect 1 trophy list:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12901-legendary-edition-mass-effect

But also have the shared list for trophies that span multiple game:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12900-mass-effect-legendary-edition

I would like that, I think

You realise that's exactly how it works, right?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Yo, this is actually awesome! I don't think there is another game that does trophies like this. Imagine getting 4 separate trophy lists for a collection of 3 games 1f631.png

Considering the concerns that there might only be one list for the whole trilogy, actually getting 4 is definitely a good plot twist

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Yo, this is actually awesome! I don't think there is another game that does trophies like this. Imagine getting 4 separate trophy lists for a collection of 3 games 1f631.png

The only other game I can think of was Hitman 2, which had an additional list, because (I think) they ran out of space on the main one 

8 minutes ago, EmperorZetta said:

Would be cool to have a separate trophy list + platinum for beating all three games completely. This is a good start, though.

We’re getting 3 full lists with platinums AND a fourth list. Can’t really ask for more than that

(unless you were wanting a platinum in list four, but that’s getting kinda greedy...)

9 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

(unless you were wanting a platinum in list four, but that’s getting kinda greedy...)

Looking at the effort required for that 4th list and compare it to "name any 30 minute plat here" and I don't think it is beyond reason.  I would say that to do so, they would also need to add more cumulative trophies than just the difficulty, romance, and kills as a plat for 10 or so trophies just doesn't feel right either.

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The only other game I can think of was Hitman 2, which had an additional list, because (I think) they ran out of space on the main one 

Hitman 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Driveclub, Train Sim World 2, and Dead by Daylight all have multiple trophy lists for one game, though Driveclub is the only one to have 2 platinums for one game ?

16 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Looking at the effort required for that 4th list and compare it to "name any 30 minute plat here" and I don't think it is beyond reason.  I would say that to do so, they would also need to add more cumulative trophies than just the difficulty, romance, and kills as a plat for 10 or so trophies just doesn't feel right either.

True, but a chunk of this new list is just stuff that you used to have to do to earn one of the original 3 plats. So arguably you’re still getting the same number of platinums for the same amount of work

Well, the same amount of work plus the work for the DLC which never used to be needed for the plats...

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I tried understanding what this topic is trying to say, I really did. But I have zero clue what you're asking or saying. 

Sorry, I messed up. Let me try to explain a bit better

So, the Mass Effect 1 trophy list

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12901-mass-effect

Here, there are only trophies that you can get by playing the first game; the collection comes with all 3 games, but for that list, it's only for the first game.

But for the legendary edition trophies, for example this trophy

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12900-mass-effect-legendary-edition/7-long-service-medal

For that trophy, you need to finish all 3 games with the same character, so play through the first game with a character, transfer your save to the second game, finish that, transfer to the third game and finish that for the trophy.

All 3 games will have their own lists, but that list would be a fourth list exactly for the trophies that take more than 1 game to complete.

At least, that's what I hope it will be.

This is nice, it may be an incentive to maintain a full Paragon/Renegade Shepard through all 3 gameplays, or have trophies for choosing Ashley as the LI for ME1 then choosing her again in ME3. With how the save transfers over multiple games, this would be trivial to do, provided they don't bork it like *cough* Gearbox *cough*. My concern is that will they be also including the missing DLC from ME1? As I recall there was a Pinnacle Station DLC that wasn't included in the PS3 Release. 

from the looks of things each game will be achievable with a platinum by playing on any difficulty, but there is also an umbrella list that has the difficulty related challenges.

10 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

This is nice, it may be an incentive to maintain a full Paragon/Renegade Shepard through all 3 gameplays, or have trophies for choosing Ashley as the LI for ME1 then choosing her again in ME3. With how the save transfers over multiple games, this would be trivial to do, provided they don't bork it like *cough* Gearbox *cough*. My concern is that will they be also including the missing DLC from ME1? As I recall there was a Pinnacle Station DLC that wasn't included in the PS3 Release. 

The Pinnacle station DLC isn't included in the remaster as Bioware said they couldn't salvage the code and would take months to reverse engineer it or something like that.

That's the only thing missing from the remaster, besides multiplayer.

The system on this site is a bit weird, but I will assume that all users who have Mass Effect Legendary Edition also have this list of trophies on their profile, thus being also seen as an owner of that particular list. sure that all trophies will be UR.

So your telling me that trophy lists can be creative and could have been experimented with by developers this whole time? Damn it, wish this was something during the PS4 generation. Oh wait, it could have been!

• Like 1