Baker’s Final March

Baker

10 hours ago, Yuzuru Yamai said:

You got some very interesting new platinums Baker. :)

Tell me, How goes Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus so far?

I have a suggestion for your next platinum. Do Super Meat Boy Forever.

Well. I’ve played through Wolfenstein 2 a few months ago and set up practice saves but after that I dropped it. I also have no plans on getting back to it anytime soon.

I’m not going to play SMBF. After reading some very good reviews by others on this site I came to the conclusion the game is not for me.

• Like 2

Great to see you don’t bother trophies that much anymore. I’m still a completionist at heart but when I finally decided to quit focussing on leaderboards and just play stuff I really like.. feels so much better.

I’m a bit 50/50 on Vanguard. I love ww2 stuff and hate zombies. The 50% not wanting to buy is probably a bunch of easter egg zombie stuff that will be added. I’ll wait out a few months and otherwise I’ll grab it for PC to just enjoy the mp only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Great to see you don’t bother trophies that much anymore. I’m still a completionist at heart but when I finally decided to quit focussing on leaderboards and just play stuff I really like.. feels so much better.

I’m a bit 50/50 on Vanguard. I love ww2 stuff and hate zombies. The 50% not wanting to buy is probably a bunch of easter egg zombie stuff that will be added. I’ll wait out a few months and otherwise I’ll grab it for PC to just enjoy the mp only.

I never cared about LB’s. I just want to do more stuff in games that is not trophy related. Or the other way around. Just skip trophies when I don’t feel like doing it when in the past I just did to get the 100%.

I already know it’s just a matter of time before my unfinished games are going to annoy me so I will be back going for 100% though. ? Hopefully I can postpone that a few months.

I haven’t seen a more easier trophy list for zombies or a Call of Duty in general than Vanguard. I’ve read there will be an Easter Egg later on in the game but I highly doubt there will trophies attached to it. I think it will stay at this base game trophy list just as Black Ops: Cold War. 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Baker said:

I never cared about LB’s. I just want to do more stuff in games that is not trophy related. Or the other way around. Just skip trophies when I don’t feel like doing it when in the past I just did to get the 100%.

I already know it’s just a matter of time before my unfinished games are going to annoy me so I will be back going for 100% though. 1f602.png Hopefully I can postpone that a few months.

I haven’t seen a more easier trophy list for zombies or a Call of Duty in general than Vanguard. I’ve read there will be an Easter Egg later on in the game but I highly doubt there will trophies attached to it. I think it will stay at this base game trophy list just as Black Ops: Cold War. 

Still got some games to finish up so I'll wait anyways :D. I've just found out about the roadmap and I think December 2nd we will know if anything gets added.

tbh you should just bruteforce the stuff you still need 100% and relax from there on. Though after checking your incompleted games there's a whole lot of patience needed to get those done haha.

Goodluck whenever you're going for those!

call-of-duty-vanguard-roadmap-screenshot

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Still got some games to finish up so I'll wait anyways :D. I've just found out about the roadmap and I think December 2nd we will know if anything gets added.

tbh you should just bruteforce the stuff you still need 100% and relax from there on. Though after checking your incompleted games there's a whole lot of patience needed to get those done haha.

Bruteforce? That’s going to take hundreds of hours. ?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:50 AM, Baker said:

I already know it’s just a matter of time before my unfinished games are going to annoy me so I will be back going for 100% though. 1f602.png Hopefully I can postpone that a few months.

As I've gotten busier lately and keep looking at my backlog, I keep thinking that I would like to at least play these games before I no longer can, so I've started a new gaming mantra recently. I would still like to get at least A ranks in games and try to go for platinums, but only when it's fun and worth my time. I don't want to spend hours doing mindless grinding for 1 trophy anymore or playing through a game for the 5th time that I didn't find fun, it even starts to sour some games.

My account is of course no where near as impressive as yours, but I worked my way from 37% to 62% completion and played too many tedious hours to get a few extra trophies when I have so many unearned and so many great games staring at me from the shelves. It's kind of nice to set that expectation that I won't have to get 100% for this game because these 3 trophies require a ton of time and I'm better off moving on or maybe cleaning up some from my unearned. Having a non-100% completion goal but enough to be satisfied made me enjoy gaming more with the limited time. I will still push myself for harder trophies, as long as they are fun. (looking at you Slay the Spire, still doing 2-3 runs a week)

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 2

:platinum: #306

Lc572b6.png

Call of Duty: Vanguard

Enjoyment: -

Difficulty: -

Playtime: ?

?

I.. don’t.. even want to talk about it.

So what’s next?

I’ve played FPS games for a few months in a row now so I want to take a little break from that. Although I will probably start to focus on MP and Blackout in Black Ops 4 in the near future, it’s first time to relax a little bit and do some trophy hunting in Code Vein.

2 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

As I've gotten busier lately and keep looking at my backlog, I keep thinking that I would like to at least play these games before I no longer can, so I've started a new gaming mantra recently. I would still like to get at least A ranks in games and try to go for platinums, but only when it's fun and worth my time. I don't want to spend hours doing mindless grinding for 1 trophy anymore or playing through a game for the 5th time that I didn't find fun, it even starts to sour some games.

My account is of course no where near as impressive as yours, but I worked my way from 37% to 62% completion and played too many tedious hours to get a few extra trophies when I have so many unearned and so many great games staring at me from the shelves. It's kind of nice to set that expectation that I won't have to get 100% for this game because these 3 trophies require a ton of time and I'm better off moving on or maybe cleaning up some from my unearned. Having a non-100% completion goal but enough to be satisfied made me enjoy gaming more with the limited time. I will still push myself for harder trophies, as long as they are fun. (looking at you Slay the Spire, still doing 2-3 runs a week)

That’s a nice goal.

I understand what you mean about grinding for hours for one trophy, or replaying the same game over and over again. (Looking at you DMC5) It can take the fun out of gaming.

I sometimes wish I could do the same thing, and not care about 100% so much. But that’s probably never going to happen.

Good luck with your games!

• Like 4

I don't understand how people keep shoving money onto Call of Duty if they already knew it was going to be bad. In my opinion the franchise hasn't been great since the Modern Warfare 2 and the first Black Ops. That was a long time ago.

Call of Duty today is everything I hate about modern gaming. It just screams advertising, microtransactions, and all that other nonsense. I'm well aware that there are three different developers working on the franchise, but since Activision denied rumors regarding a remake of Modern Warfare 3, I have absolutely no interest in this franchise at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baker said:

:platinum: #306

Lc572b6.png

Call of Duty: Vanguard

Enjoyment: -

Playtime: ?

1f4a9.png

I.. don’t.. even want to talk about it.

Dayeeum dude, you finished that with the quickness!! Congrats on that one, you just beasted you way through it ?

I'm guessing you didn't enjoy your time all that much if you don't want to talk about it tho ? 

Good luck in jumping back in to BlOps4, I have yet to even nab a CoD plat in my tenure because those zombie trophies are tough and I don't have a solid team to play with in that regard.

You guys also have me intrigued to check out Code Vein? I saw Arc playing that one too, so I wonder if you guys are playing that together if it's MP?

4 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I totally understand how you feel here buddy, as we are in pretty similar territory comp%-wise! If I really hunkered down and tried to focus on that, it would really sap the fun out of it for me... Way too many fun new games for me to dive in to the insurmountable number of unearned trophies I have! 

I say someone like @Baker is an absolute BEAST to be able to keep and maintain such an impressive % like that! But I started caring way too late in the game, plus I don't own a PS3 anymore and a majority of those games were rented on GameFly anyway. 

For now, I'm just trying to be more diligent about following through with the games I play, and not take on too much at once. Shit, I'd be happy if I could reach 66.6% (???) at this point in the game!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

You guys also have me intrigued to check out Code Vein? I saw Arc playing that one too, so I wonder if you guys are playing that together if it's MP?

Hmm... Not really. I would recommend the game to people that want to check out the Anime-take on the souls formula, or people that enjoyed the souls games and want to play most of the clones. Code Vein differs a lot from other games though in that it heavily emphasizes the story and plot, in that regard it is very streamlined. 

It is also very, very easy for a soulslike. 

In your case.. I would actually recommend playing DS3 or finishing Bloodborne / Nioh ? Code Vein is definitely inferior to any of those games. 

As for being MP... I am one trophy away from the plat, and that is a 10 hour coop-grind. The game itself cannot be played comfortably in coop. It has the same inconvenient coop-system that all other souls games have... 

But yeah, we're about to do that coop-grind together, now that @Baker is done with his FPS marathon :)  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Congrats on the platinum. My last was Modern warfare 2019 but that was just Single player focussed. Tbh I really enjoy Vanguard. Already got a golden gun as well in 2 days.. I can understand most zombie hardcore players hate this one.

Good job Mr. Scaramanga! ?

Alright let me say a little bit about the game. I bought Vanguard for one reason and that is MP. And now that I’ve got the platinum it’s weird to say I haven’t even played the mode yet. 

I think this game is such a mess.

- It has froze my PS4 more times in four days than it has frozen in the last couple of years.

- It looks like an old PS3 game.

- Campaign was alright but I had that been there done that already feeling. I’m not surprised if they just used bits from older CoD campaigns and gave it a new paint job. They’ve done that in the past already.

- Zombies. Worst mode ever. No pausing in solo. You get kicked when idling when playing solo. Constant lagging in solo. And there is just nothing to do in the entire mode. 
- Luckily the first zombie patch has already came out. Well luckily? The patch made it even more unplayable! ?

This is my experience on the PS4 version. I hope the PS5 version is better.

@AJ_Radio is right. In this case. As I really enjoyed Black Ops: Cold War last year. But Vanguard feels like the free edition of Cold War. It’s worse in every possible way. 

As I’ve mentioned I bought this game to play MP with my friends, but now all I want to do is trade in the game. I’ll keep it around for now, but it needs some major patches.

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

But yeah, we're about to do that coop-grind together, now that @Baker is done with his FPS marathon :)  

I’m not done yet. I just need a little break. ?

15 hours ago, Baker said:

Good job Mr. Scaramanga! 1f602.png

Alright let me say a little bit about the game. I bought Vanguard for one reason and that is MP. And now that I’ve got the platinum it’s weird to say I haven’t even played the mode yet. 

I think this game is such a mess.

- It has froze my PS4 more times in four days than it has frozen in the last couple of years.

- It looks like an old PS3 game.

- Campaign was alright but I had that been there done that already feeling. I’m not surprised if they just used bits from older CoD campaigns and gave it a new paint job. They’ve done that in the past already.

- Zombies. Worst mode ever. No pausing in solo. You get kicked when idling when playing solo. Constant lagging in solo. And there is just nothing to do in the entire mode. 
- Luckily the first zombie patch has already came out. Well luckily? The patch made it even more unplayable! ?

This is my experience on the PS4 version. I hope the PS5 version is better.

@AJ_Radio is right. In this case. As I really enjoyed Black Ops: Cold War last year. But Vanguard feels like the free edition of Cold War. It’s worse in every possible way. 

Call of Duty is just the same thing every time. Black Ops: Cold War I heard was alright. Even had US President Ronald Reagan in it as part of the story. 

The three themes Call of Duty has going for it is the campaign, the multiplayer, and the zombies. That’s basically it. I don’t see any major innovation, new ideas or designs coming out of Call of Duty. I mostly see graphical improvements, which is more icing on the cake than anything else.

4K, 60 FPS is great but a game needs more than that. You strip Call of Duty down to its foundations and you realize it is basically the same game every time. 

I bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered because it harkens back to a time when the franchise was actually good. If Activision ever decides to remake Call of Duty: World at War I may perhaps buy that as well. But I have absolutely no interest in this franchise at all. 

It feels like they forgot to innovate and actually push the bar forward. The original Modern Warfare, World at War and Modern Warfare 2 were groundbreaking and pushed the franchise forward. There’s a reason why a lot of us 30 some year olds appreciated those games. 

Over time, Activision found ways to milk more money out of their fans and now it just seems like they don’t want to try anything new. They’re killing Blizzard, a company I respected and admired for decades. I have little doubt Diablo 4 will be an utter shitstorm. But I was one of those who felt Diablo 3 wasn’t that great when I played it on the PC. 

The gaming industry as far as mainstream is concerned is more focused on marketing and advertising than actually coming out with a good game. Vanguard just looks like everything we’ve already seen before. Same style single player campaign, same multiplayer, a half assed zombies mode. 

Western developers seem incapable to escape the greed and manipulation of the marketing giants. I recently played a little of Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. I haven’t felt more excited and eager to play a AA/AAA production level game than those in a long time. 

Greed is killing the industry. Three developer companies work on Call of Duty, but the formula is stale now. There’s so much advertising bullshit and whatnot that I feel I don’t need to play this crap. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Call of Duty is just the same thing every time. Black Ops: Cold War I heard was alright. Even had US President Ronald Reagan in it as part of the story. 

The three themes Call of Duty has going for it is the campaign, the multiplayer, and the zombies. That’s basically it. I don’t see any major innovation, new ideas or designs coming out of Call of Duty. I mostly see graphical improvements, which is more icing on the cake than anything else.

4K, 60 FPS is great but a game needs more than that. You strip Call of Duty down to its foundations and you realize it is basically the same game every time. 

I bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered because it harkens back to a time when the franchise was actually good. If Activision ever decides to remake Call of Duty: World at War I may perhaps buy that as well. But I have absolutely no interest in this franchise at all. 

It feels like they forgot to innovate and actually push the bar forward. The original Modern Warfare, World at War and Modern Warfare 2 were groundbreaking and pushed the franchise forward. There’s a reason why a lot of us 30 some year olds appreciated those games. 

Over time, Activision found ways to milk more money out of their fans and now it just seems like they don’t want to try anything new. They’re killing Blizzard, a company I respected and admired for decades. I have little doubt Diablo 4 will be an utter shitstorm. But I was one of those who felt Diablo 3 wasn’t that great when I played it on the PC. 

The gaming industry as far as mainstream is concerned is more focused on marketing and advertising than actually coming out with a good game. Vanguard just looks like everything we’ve already seen before. Same style single player campaign, same multiplayer, a half assed zombies mode. 

Western developers seem incapable to escape the greed and manipulation of the marketing giants. I recently played a little of Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. I haven’t felt more excited and eager to play a AA/AAA production level game than those in a long time. 

Greed is killing the industry. Three developer companies work on Call of Duty, but the formula is stale now. There’s so much advertising bullshit and whatnot that I feel I don’t need to play this crap. 

Uh, but Japanese games are far superior than Call of Doody and the other western gaming companies you so much hated. Sounds to me you need to play some Japanese games before spewing crap about how the gaming industry is dying. And no, playing only Yakzuka doesn't count, you need to expand your horizons and play some Japanese games. And don't give me that you only play indies and retro gaming crap.

So please, AJ, I implore you, take off the damn nostlagia glasses and expand your horizons instead of ranting how unfair the gaming industry is to you...

• Like 1

Well at least you gave the genre a fair choice :D Congratulations! And yeah Bloodborne is as fast as it gets in terms of combat. Quite curious how much faster this one is.

A question, since I saw an interesting take there xD

17 hours ago, Baker said:

I also don’t like fantasy games, movies, books, etc.. Like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones. And these type of games look like they fall right into this category. I don’t want lore, I want a story! 1f601.png

You mean that you don't want the "In a land shrouded by fog the dragons and unicorns have ruled bla bla" kind of background, but like "i wake up in a dungeon with only a knife and a messy napkin", no??

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Copanele said:

A question, since I saw an interesting take there xD

You mean that you don't want the "In a land shrouded by fog the dragons and unicorns have ruled bla bla" kind of background, but like "i wake up in a dungeon with only a knife and a messy napkin", no?1f602.png

Well in books and movies the last thing I want to see or read about is some old wizard and a bunch of dragons. I like modern day or future stories. I’m a big fan of time travel stories too. But what would happen if they travel back in time to a land of old wizards and crappy dragons? ?

In games I just want a good story. Saying I don’t like fantasy when my favorite series is Final Fantasy is also a bit weird. ? Story: Yes! Lore: No!

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, Baker said:

Well in books and movies the last thing I want to see or read about is some old wizard and a bunch of dragons. I like modern day or future stories. I’m a big fan of time travel stories too. But what would happen if they travel back in time to a land of old wizards and crappy dragons? 1f914.png

So the truest conundrum of them all, would be... the Dreamfall games? ?

• Like 1

:platinum: #308

L2a187b.png

Thimbleweed Park

Enjoyment: 7/10

Playtime: 10 hours

It’s been a while since I played a Point & Click game but I always enjoy this genre.

The story in this game is pretty mediocre I have to say.

In the beginning there is a murder and you begin by having two playable characters. Two FBI agents, Ray & Reyes. Later you have control over three more characters: Delores, a girl that wants to be a game developer. Franklin, the father of Delores that gets killed so you play as a ghost and last but not least: Ransome, the *bleeping* insult clown. Ransome made me laugh many times and it’s the reason I gave it a 7/10. That character was hilarious.

At the end of the story you still don’t know who committed the murder as the story takes an absurd direction that I’ve seen before already.

The story plays out in the 80’s and there are a lot of jokes, references and fourth wall breaking moments.

It’s your basic Point & Click game where you collect items and solve puzzles. This is probably one of the easier ones I played and doesn’t have very obscure puzzle solutions like something in the Deponia series, which is superior to this game. I did use a guide from time to time just to speed things up. 

Quick shout out to @rjkclarke. If I hadn’t lurked through his checklist I would have probably never heard of this game.

Update:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

I’ve been focusing on Blackout and in the beginning I kind of liked it, but the more I play the more I start to hate it. Blackout is a battle royale mode and for the trophies you need to unlock a bunch of characters by doing some miscellaneous stuff. I got most characters pretty quick so I’m down to my last two: Mason & Woods.

For Woods you need to pick up an item, fly a helicopter and then win Blackout. Sounds tough so I haven’t tried this one yet. The good thing about this is the item you need to pick up spawns always in the same location every game and next to it is the helicopter (usually) so the hard part is winning. Luckily you can play in teams so I just need to get lucky and get into a good team. This mode is full of max level players that are way better than me, as I really suck at this mode, so getting in a good team is basically a must for me.

And then there is Mason.. For him you need to pick up an item that is found in supply stashes, press a button in a specific tower and finish in the top 15. But the supply stashes are randomly placed not to mention the item, a t-shirt, just never spawns. After 20 hours! I finally found the t-shirt for the first time, only to get shot in the back 5 seconds later. Second time I found it, which was I think even the next game or a few games later I made to 19th place. Very frustrating. I found it one more time, with no luck getting into 15th place as I needed to traverse the entire map, and I’ve now put in close to 30 hours just finding this *bleeping* t-shirt. I hate it!

So to relieve some stress I bought a new game which I’m going to focus on for now:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

I only finished the first chapter but I already love this game!

With the completion of Thimbleweed Park I now have 350 completed games. 50 games left. Let’s go!

• Like 4

Update:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

I.. finally.. got.. Mason! 45 hours! It took me 45 hours to get this character. I never came across a more RNG bullshit mechanic in a video game ever. I am so relieved. 

Just Woods and a couple of Blackout wins left and I never have to play this mode again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree with you this game is amazing! Currently in chapter 11 and doing so much side stuff that isn't needed. Also love the grinding aspect and getting the best weapons and gear before I even continue :D. GOTY is more towards Lost Judgment for me though but it's a close one 

• Like 1