Baker’s Final March

Baker

Another great completion done! And holy moly, 45 hours for the RNG to play into your hand! BO4 is a definitely huge grind, and with online trophies at that, making it a flex-worthy completion. ? Like, with single-player games you could always rationalize that you can come back to it at anytime if there's a part you're having trouble on, but then games with online trophies add the stress of potential server complications! ? Those fickle things are quite finite!

As a side note, I see you started Persona 5 Strikers, great game that one. But get ready for the dreaded 10 hour Metatron bond level grind... but going off the Mason complications, 10 hours might not seem that long for ya! ? I'll tell you in advance, use the persona Thor as his moves do extra damage, and I think Metatron sometimes drops permanent stat boost items which you can add to Thor.

But in any case, well done with BO4! The journey continues with Ghosts...

• Like 2

Congratulations @Baker - massive completion this one! It sounds like you guys had fun and that’s what it’s all about my dude! I’m gutted that I missed out on this one, I just ended up with a bunch on my plate. I am super happy that you guys nailed it though! 

I’m going to miss casually reading the chat and keeping up with you guys from the outside looking in! ?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:23 AM, Baker said:

I already wrote about this before but.. 45 HOURS! 45 hours it took me to get this character just because I needed a RNG item that just never spawned for me. After 20 hours of searching I found it for the first time. Well, it wasn’t even me, it was Mori who found it in the first game we searched for it together, but I got killed seconds later. 

The fact Mori found it says it all. I’ve come to learn that the amount of luck these two Germans have is insane. If you want a specific item from a mystery box in Zombies just ask Koro. He will get it first try. 1f602.png

??? This is my experience as well. I remember grinding DLC weapons in Vermintide 1 for hours... Then we had one coop session where we played the map that grants the DLC weapon... Only for Koro to get the drop on his first clear ?

This has been quite the journey since you joined these guys early last year... Nice recap, and you guys enjoy the last one! :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent job on P5S! I... actually didn't know there was another way to grind the bond level lol. I just did merciless up to like the first jail or something to finish the compendium, I didn't think to grind a boss on the harder difficulty which is an interesting way to do it.

It's interesting to hear you prefer Strikers over 5. Do you reckon you'll play Royal? Do note that you'd also have to play through the entire main game again, and a playthrough is around 100 hours... On second thought, maybe Strikers will be at the top for you after all. ?

One of the mechanics that's handled infinitely better in Strikers is that you can actually leave and return to the jail whenever you want to restock supplies. I suppose this wouldn't work in a mainline Persona game given the time format, but I do think it's just much more convenient in Strikers' case.
When I did 5's plat, I aimed to do it in one playthrough since I already did Royal, and I had to exit and restock for ONE palace which costed a single day... and I had to re-plan lots of shit later in the year with the calendar guide I was following. I felt like a fricking lawyer organizing that stuff! ?

Great job on the completion mate, nice work!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shrooba said:

It's interesting to hear you prefer Strikers over 5. Do you reckon you'll play Royal? Do note that you'd also have to play through the entire main game again, and a playthrough is around 100 hours... On second thought, maybe Strikers will be at the top for you after all. 1f605.png

There is no way I’ll play Royal. ? I don’t stack games, but even if I did, I didn’t like Persona 5 that much. The only good things about P5 are the battle system & the graphics style. The characters and story were okay too I guess.

I find it a shame that the spin off series Persona has become more popular than the main series Shin Megami Tensei. SMT games are far superior imo. If you liked Persona 5, I would recommend playing SMT: Nocturne and experience the difference.

I saw you’re playing Trackmania Turbo and got the 50 trackmasters out of the way. Congrats! I did exactly the same, as I grabbed all trackmasters on the first 50 single lap tracks thinking it would also be good practice. Which it was, but it was nowhere near the difficulty this game throws at you later on.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Good job on the platinum! And nice to see more info about this game, I installed it a couple of weeks ago and am ready to play it, but the collectibles in Returnal are taking me way too long. Too bad the trophy requirements take away from the overall fun experience :/ but I still hope I will enjoy it. How long is one playthrough approximately?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker said:

:platinum: #315

L1f6e83.png

You can imagine that I was surprised to see you playing a roguelite the last couple of days ? The game definitely looks interesting, good to see that you enjoyed it! 

I had also heard about the trophy list bringing the game down, as is unfortunately often the case with games like this one... I mean, Void Bastards made it into Dr. Bloodmoney's "Worst Trophy List" top-3 this year, while RAD did not... Having played RAD, I can only imagine how bad this one must be in that regard ?

Multiple playthroughs with different restrictions, or with specific weapons, etc... actually wouldn't sound THAT bad... But if all of those restrictions force you to play in the same way (and that "same way" is not engaging with the game at all...)... yeah, doesn't sound too fun ?

So, I noticed that you edited your post above where you mentioned wanting to earn a trophy in challenging games ? I was still wondering something.. you mentioned that you had 4 games lined up, and I think I figured out 3 of them (especially since an account named very similarly to yours recently unlocked a trophy in a game I didn't think you'd play ?), but I cannot figure out the fourth one... do you have a hint for us? ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Good job on the platinum! And nice to see more info about this game, I installed it a couple of weeks ago and am ready to play it, but the collectibles in Returnal are taking me way too long. Too bad the trophy requirements take away from the overall fun experience :/ but I still hope I will enjoy it. How long is one playthrough approximately?

My first playthrough took me around 10 hours I think. But I still needed to learn the game at that point. The biggest tip I can give is don’t spend your merits on locked lockers inside pirate ships. What I forgot to mention is that these objective items you need can also be build, and the parts needed for building them can be bought with merits. You will understand what I mean once you play the game.

Once I figured that out my consecutive playthroughs took around 4-5 hours. But they can still be done much faster. I just played it safe.

The game is fun, so enjoy!

8 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You can imagine that I was surprised to see you playing a roguelite the last couple of days 1f605.png The game definitely looks interesting, good to see that you enjoyed it! 

I had also heard about the trophy list bringing the game down, as is unfortunately often the case with games like this one... I mean, Void Bastards made it into Dr. Bloodmoney's "Worst Trophy List" top-3 this year, while RAD did not... Having played RAD, I can only imagine how bad this one must be in that regard 1f602.png

Multiple playthroughs with different restrictions, or with specific weapons, etc... actually wouldn't sound THAT bad... But if all of those restrictions force you to play in the same way (and that "same way" is not engaging with the game at all...)... yeah, doesn't sound too fun 1f610.png

So, I noticed that you edited your post above where you mentioned wanting to earn a trophy in challenging games 1f602.png I was still wondering something.. you mentioned that you had 4 games lined up, and I think I figured out 3 of them (especially since an account named very similarly to yours recently unlocked a trophy in a game I didn't think you'd play 1f61c.png), but I cannot figure out the fourth one... do you have a hint for us? 1f601.png

It’s a FPS. ? And it’s cell shaded. ?? I couldn’t resist. The roguelite stuff was the worst part for me in the game. 

Yeah the trophy list could have been better but this isn’t close to being as bad as Devil May Cry 5. Where the list is so bad that I just don’t want to play the best hack ‘n slash game out there anymore. That says enough.

Damn it! ? My secondary account gave it away huh? I immediately liked the game as expected but man, those speed runs.. I will hate it.

If you knew that one I think you know them all especially since you might join me for one? Don’t know if you’re still interested..

Anyway the games are:

Dirt Rally 2.0

Ikaruga

Pure Pool

Splasher

And the reason I edited it out was because I probably going to postpone it with a month. The plan is still to unlock a trophy in these games, but it’s going to be somewhere in March.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Baker said:

If you knew that one I think you know them all especially since you might join me for one? Don’t know if you’re still interested..

Anyway the games are:

Dirt Rally 2.0

Ikaruga

Pure Pool

Splasher

And the reason I edited it out was because I probably going to postpone it with a month. The plan is still to unlock a trophy in these games, but it’s going to be somewhere in March.

Ah, here you go.. I had forgotten about Pure Pool even though we have been talking about it ? I had the other ones. 

You'll enjoy the speedruns! Having time to grind them out, they shouldn't be THAT bad... You just need to make sure you play in a way that is comfortable for you... i.e. decide if you want to play with the stick or D-pad, and then stick to your decision. Since the ink can only be shot in 8 directions and not in a full rotation, most people use the D-Pad. But I just didn't manage to get comfortable with it, so I played with the stick... 

And of course! I'm still 100% in for Dirt Rally :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Ah, here you go.. I had forgotten about Pure Pool even though we have been talking about it 1f605.png I had the other ones. 

And of course! I'm still 100% in for Dirt Rally :) 

Wait what? This gets confusing. ? I meant Pure Pool as the game you might join me for. ? I need someone to boost the online trophies with. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

Wait what? This gets confusing. 1f602.png I meant Pure Pool as the game you might join me for. 1f602.png I need someone to boost the online trophies with. 

Unless I am misremembering something, the online trophies in Pure Pool can be taken care of in a matter of minutes (just looked at my trophy logs and it seems it was 10 minutes or so), so if anything, I can help you out ;) Kudos, though, on embarking on this long journey, not being a very confident person myself, I don't think I have it in me to attempt the maximum break - maybe if the game was quicker and didn't force you to watch the full shot animations... But I've had a lot of fun with this game nonetheless, so if you're into pool, you'll probably enjoy it too :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Unless I am misremembering something, the online trophies in Pure Pool can be taken care of in a matter of minutes (just looked at my trophy logs and it seems it was 10 minutes or so), so if anything, I can help you out ;) Kudos, though, on embarking on this long journey, not being a very confident person myself, I don't think I have it in me to attempt the maximum break - maybe if the game was quicker and didn't force you to watch the full shot animations... But I've had a lot of fun with this game nonetheless, so if you're into pool, you'll probably enjoy it too :) 

Well in order to get all accolades in the game you need to win 100 online games and 9 online games in a row. That’s basically the whole online part of the trophy list, and I doubt that will take 10 minutes. ? That will probably take a few hours boosting, by letting your opponent potting the black ball in 8 ball, or many, many hours playing online against randoms. I prefer the first scenario. ?

And I love playing pool in real life. Been doing it for close to 20 years now. So I always wanted to play a pool game. Should be fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baker said:

:platinum: #315

L1f6e83.png

Void Bastards

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 40 hours

When a very fun game gets ruined by a terrible trophy list: Take 50 1f3ac.png 

As always when there is a new PSN sale I casually look through all the games to see if there is a game I never heard of before and see if it’s something I like as I look at the trailer. And then I saw Void Bastards. The trailer of this game looked amazing to me. It looked like a cell shaded 1f60d.png FPS. So I went checking some reviews on Youtube and when ACG, my go to guy for reviews, recommended this game I had to buy it. Only it’s not really a FPS, I can only describe it as a First Person, Tactical, Survival Rogue-Lite.

Congrats! I've heard of this game but was good to read what it was about. I see that the trophy list wasn't the most fun. I've played a few games where I've wondered why the trophy list didn't make you do either more stuff or something that would be quite enjoyable rather than tedious tasks.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Anyway the games are:

Dirt Rally 2.0

Ikaruga

Pure Pool

Splasher

Oh nice, will be great to see how you approach all of these. I do like the idea when you pop a trophy in something & it makes you commit a lot easier. I've done that with a few games too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baker said:

Well in order to get all accolades in the game you need to win 100 online games and 9 online games in a row. That’s basically the whole online part of the trophy list, and I doubt that will take 10 minutes. 1f605.png That will probably take a few hours boosting, by letting your opponent potting the black ball in 8 ball, or many, many hours playing online against randoms. I prefer the first scenario. 1f602.png

And I love playing pool in real life. Been doing it for close to 20 years now. So I always wanted to play a pool game. Should be fun.

Right, so I forgot about one of the accolades being tied to online, still, if 9 online games took 10 minutes or so (that's what I was looking at), then 100 will only take a couple of hours at most, which is not too bad. The real difficulty (and the insane grind) is somewhere else ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

I have one more question about Void Bastards- did you get the DLC? It's really cheap, but as it's not adding trophies, I am not sure if it makes a meaningful difference. 

I didn’t. But looking at the DLC description I think it might make the game harder.

• Like 1

Update:

Hard Reset Redux

A FPS from the makers of Shadow Warrior and with a near identical trophy list. Most comments about this game said this game is supposed to be easier than Shadow Warrior but I would have to disagree. In fact I think this game is a lot harder. 

I finished the game on Insane difficulty and I had a total death count of around 50. Compared to SW where I died 10 times in my entire platinum run. I still need to do Heroic difficulty. So once again that means playing on the hardest difficulty, with no saves, and no checkpoints so you need to beat every level in one go.

And just like SW these levels are pretty lengthy, 30-60 minutes, and where in SW the boss fights were in stand alone levels, in this game they’re at the end of these long levels. This is going to take some trial and error.

Unfortunately I ran into a glitch where the trophy for collecting all collectibles in the first 7 levels didn’t unlock. I can’t seem to find any solution to fix this other than to delete all game and save data and start from scratch once it’s my last trophy left. Annoying because it means I need to follow the collectible guide again for 5-6 hours. ?

Now for some better news I finally bought Yakuza: Remastered Collection. Hyped because I love the Yakuza games.

And because I liked Persona 5 Strikers a lot more than anticipated I also bought Dragon Quest Heroes II. And with a 200 hour expected platinum time this will keep me busy a long time.

I bought enough games for now. My backlog is at an all time high with 18 games. I don’t even know where to start anymore. Luckily the only game I’m interested in is the new Final Fantasy Origins game coming out in March. So until then I won’t buy anything anymore. Hopefully.. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #317

L5003de.png

Shadow Warrior 3

Enjoyment: 8/10

Playtime: 20 hours

‘That giant cock slapped us around pretty good’

’It was the second biggest I’ve ever seen’

Guess who’s back? It’s Lo Wang! So we have another game full with dick jokes.

The third Shadow Warrior game goes once again in a different direction than the previous entries. The fast en fluid shooting is still here but it has also introduced a new feature: platforming.

And this platforming was very good. It reminded me a lot of another game I recently played: Ghostrunner. You have a grappling hook and you will be jumping and wallrunning from battle to battle. That’s it. But it’s done very well.

The battle system is still fast. Once again you have your katana and 6 guns to kill the never ending demons on your way. And it actually is never ending. Until you kill all the bigger demons, the smaller ones will spawn indefinitely. If you kill with the katana you get ammo drops, if you kill with the guns you get health drops. They will also drop finisher orbs which you can use to kill one of these bigger demons instantly and take their weapon for a set amount of time to do as much killing as you can. Also nothing to complain here. It’s a lot of fun!

The story is about killing a big ass dragon.

Now as soon as the trophy list got released it looked to me like it would be a very easy 10 hour platinum and that was correct. There was only one tedious trophy and that was fully upgrading Wang, which basically comes down to finding collectibles. And with no chapter select or NG+ you have to find them all in one playthrough. If you miss one, it’s all the way back to the start. Yesterday the first complete guide for these orbs was released so now the platinums will be incoming.

I also experienced a crash and lost my save game close to the end of the game. Not that it matters much as you can blast through this game in a few hours. This is a 6 hour, 2/10 platinum if you follow a guide.

But it’s great nonetheless! So grab a free 7 day trial on Ps Now, like I did, and play it for free!

• Like 4

Well done with the completion! It's a shame you lost your save. I've dealt with issues like that before, and I can relate.
On the bright side though, at least no flights of stairs killed you this time! ?
Funny how you mentioned Ghostrunner, since it's now available on PS+... I might need to pick that up at one point. It is free after all!

And also, great work with CoD Ghosts! I think the CoD for this year is a sequel to 2019's MW. I personally thought 2019's CoD had a really good campaign. It'll be interesting to see where they take it!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

:platinum: #316 + 100%

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Enjoyment: -

Playtime: 65 hours

I didn’t like this game at all so all I’m going to say about this game is a nice emoji: ?

Update:

2 weeks ago I made a post about doing DMC 5, Hard Reset Redux and Pix The Cat. Forget that. I’m not in the mood to play any of those games at all at the moment.

I think I’m going to start Yakuza 3 Remastered instead. And even though I didn’t want to buy any new games until Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins comes out, today I was casually browsing a webstore and then I saw Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time for only €21. I couldn’t resist. It’s coming in tomorrow. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3